5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it
Published 21 days ago by Malcolm Street

I purchased this item to take with me on long fishing trips in order to have a method of charging my phone. For that purpose it works fine and will charge my phone from flat twice before the device needs recharging.
Published 5 months ago by Denzil Dexter

3.0 out of 5 stars For that purpose it works fine and will charge my phone from flat twice before ..., 5 July 2014
This review is from: VicTsing 10000mAh Solar Panel Charger Power Bank Portable Dual USB Charger Backup External Battery Pack Charger for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4 iPods iPad 5 4 3 2 Mini Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 S2 S1 Note 3 Note 2 Nexus 7 Sony Xperia Z2 Z1 L39H Z L36h Blackberry Z10 Nokia Lumia 1020 Motorola HTC One M8 Kindle Fire and Most Android Smart Phones and Tablets (Black) (Electronics)
The solar panel is however next to useless and takes approximately 1 week of strong direct sunlight to fully recharge the battery and only really works as a top up.
The instructions are very poorly translated although any idiot could work it really do they aren't necessary.
Over all not a bad piece of kit if you just want a battery pack to recharge your devices from when out and about but forget about the solar panel as a way of charging it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 28 Nov 2014
Some bad reviews almost put me off, but I am glad they didn't. I bought this for a friend in Africa where mains power is uncertain, but where sunlight is plentiful. Tried it at home first was was pleasantly surprised that I could easily charge my phone with it. I kept it on the car dashboard and repeated this process half a dozen times without a problem. With my phone I could probably get 2 charges out of it, but with a larger phone I'm not so sure.

The instructions are almost non existent and it took me a a while to work out how to use it. So tips here might help.
1. If you put it in darkness or cover the solar panel and the blue LED's go out, then the pushbutton switch is set for charge, uncover it and put it in sunlight and the LED's will flash to indicate charging.
2. If you put it in darkness or cover the solar panel and the blue LED's stay on the the switch is set for discharge - plug your phone in now - yes the LED's are bright, but you can easily cover it with a towel or something.

For the price I'm going to get one for myself, well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me over long weekend with no electric supply., 9 July 2014
Left in car each day at silverstone to charge then topped up phone charge at night. Worked we'll over 4 days. Good price and quick delivery. Only problem was that instructions not clear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty and disappointing, 26 Sep 2014
P. Pool (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
Feels very cheap quality, the plastic trim is loose and rough. Total lack of meaningful instructions. Inspite of being about 4 times the size of my phone the charger, from fully charged, was only able to recharge my phone about 1 and 3/4 times. When it's working the wonky LEDs are so stupidly bright that they pretty much illuminated my bedroom meaning I couldn't use it and sleep!

The solar panel didn't seem able to do more than power the LEDs.

Feels like the sort of thing you'd find in a £ shop. Being so big and not doing the job it just wasn't good enough and the money and postage were refunded quickly and without fuss.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not great quality, 30 Oct 2013
J. Boult (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
The micro usb connector was slightly misaligned, I had to bend it to fit the phone. Charging is a bit slow, the phone warns that it is a slow charger. But it was relatively cheap and does the job.

2.0 out of 5 stars not so sure, 24 Oct 2014
Not sure about this charger. I ended up using it as a spare battery for my phone, did not really test the solar quality. Nice size and sockets good, but ended up falling apart so ended up binning it after about 4 months. Still waiting to find better device

2.0 out of 5 stars Solar panels... No comment, 1 Nov 2014
It won't charge more than twice my phone, Sony Xperia, plus even left to the sunlight all day there is no way it charges itself up. I always have to recharge overnight at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it is supposed to, 1 Dec 2014
First impressions a bit flimsy doesny feel as expensive as i felt it should. Instructions covered by lithium battery warning on postage. However it does the job well. Its simple to use so instructions were not necessary. I bought for it for a friend who is a regular festival goer and sun worshiper. I have no doubt it will go down a treat. Seeing alot of negativity about the product but who expects a nasa solar power charger for 13 quid. I recommend this item. pnly 4 starts because packaging of the item could have been better. It charges your phone when in need of back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars its brilliant for free power, 17 Oct 2014
I use it every day, it lives on my windowsill, about every 2 weeks I get a charge on my phone off it, its brilliant for free power,

3.0 out of 5 stars The white, very bright(!) LED constantly ON - no switch for the bank, nor the LED, 14 Aug 2014
Just got the solar panel (16000mAh, silver case). Little surprise when opening - two blue LEDs were already on and the other two blinking in a row, but what's more, there was (and is) a white, very bright(!) LED constantly ON in between all the USB ports - as far as I can tell, this bright LED is always ON, and has been on within the package; I don't see any switch to turn it (nor the panel/bank) off. Very strange design!

Will be testing it soon, during the next few days and over the weekend, then update. Just 3 stars for now...

As a matter of fact, this white LED is so bright that it makes difficult to see the ports while connecting the cables; it must be slowly discharging the bank, if there is no switch, and I could not find any.