on 4 April 2015
I brought this after significant On Line reviews for Portable Scanners. It's a little Gem. It is compact but very well made. One of the best features is not with the Hardware but the ON BOARD Software. This is REAL Plug-n-Play. Took it out of the Box attached the USB Lead lugged it into my personal MacBook Pro & VOILA...Software Launched & I was scanning in less than 5 Minutes. I then plugged it into my Office Windows PC. No intial Auto Launch but checked Explorer, found the External Device, clicked on the Exe file and off I went again, scanning like never before. The Software interface for Initial Scanning Set-up such as FULL AUTO, TEXT, PHOTO & CUSTOM and Post Scanning processing, such as DELETE PAGE & CROP, ROTATE is both simple yet extensive. There is the facility to add your own custom Setup so that subsequent scanning is a two click process.
There is a separate USB Power Lead but not had any need to use it yet as it works perfectly just plugged in with one. There is NO Power Brick to lug around so this makes it a TRUE Portable scanner (it fits in my Briefcase & goes everywhere I go).
Sheet feeding can be a bit temperamental at times, especially when loading up multiple pages or different thicknesses but once you get the hang of it it just eats through pages like a knife through butter.
The scanner can scan dual or single sided & will AutoDelete Blank pages on Dual Sided. The quality of the scans is impeccable & with built in OCR it could not be simpler.
The additional Card Reader Slot is a bonus & is fantastic for Credit & Business Cards and with the built in OCR Engine both Orientates the Card & Crops to size.
If I had one complaint it would be the Price, but then Quality & Functionality in the Scanning World will not come cheap.
I no longer have shelves & drawers full of Bank Statement, Telephone Bills, Invoices, Letter & Instruction Manuals thanks to this little baby. Go Digital...Go P-215ii
If you do buy this then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Protective case if you intend to use this on the road or travelling. This too is available on Amazon at the following URL:
on 29 March 2015
A great document feed scanner. It is quite compact and well designed. I don't intend using it much on the go but makes a great addition to a flatbed scanner for all those loose A4 sheets of whatever you need to scan. It is very quick and the user interfaces are easy to configure for one touch scanning. I just have it connected via one USB cable, it seems to run fine without the additional power supply.
on 27 September 2015
Even if you don't need it's portability, the P-215ll is a superb scanner. Made all the more useful by the excellent software that ships with it, which is both easy to use and very versatile. The best feature though, has to be the dual scanner heads. Both sides of the page are scanned at once and the software orientates the page based on the text it 'sees'. The scanner software lets you build up a library of scan folder locations and gives you the choice of adding your own naming convention, have the scanner name your scans using the date and time, or combine the two. You can set up different naming rules for every scan folder location. So as a Project Manager, I can prefix my scans with the project name depending on the target folder I select. The final killer feature is the dedicated business/ID card slot. This makes scanning a batch of business cards quick and easy. The scanner includes the BizCard software program for organizing your scans and integrating them with Microsoft Office.
on 23 June 2015
Not very quick, but very quiet! Sometimes it feeds extra pages so have to observe it all the time while scanning. I love the software coming with it, very easy to use and straight forward. I also love the fact it automatically rotates the pages and the scanning quality is really good.I would recommend this product!
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a top-notch and easy to use scanner. It is extremely portable and truly plug-and-play, I had nothing to install to use it.

It is very fast and scans both sides of a page at the same time, something I have found very useful which greatly speeds up the process of scanning. The software included can also save each scan as a PDF for you with each side of a page as a separate page in the PDF, so this was very useful - especially if scanning to send the document on to somebody.

If you are looking for a scanner to scan something other than individual pages, e.g. something from a book, then this will not be suitable as it feeds individual pages. However, it ticks all the boxes for me for the purpose it is designed for - scanning individual pages - and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anybody.
on 16 January 2016
Good: Portable, time saving (when it works) especially for double-sided scans and a doddle to setup. I have tried it on Windows 7, 8.1. I've opted not to install any software to make use of it, just onTouch software that comes with it. I bought it at it's much higher price over 18 months ago.

However the downside is: it can't seem to keep paper straight as it feeds itself some of the time. That really lets it down. If you can get a few extra pounds together check out Fuji scanSnap...
on 30 April 2015
Fantastic little scanner. so easy to use
on 29 June 2015
It looks good, but the software is terrible.

Unpackaged and got going. First up, it needs two USB cables, one for power, one for connectivity. Lots of cables all over your desk and they are quite short.

I planned to use this with OS X, in particular Yosemite. Said it was Mac compatible. Went to install the driver and afterwards it insisted on logging me out.

Then after logging back in I went to install CaptureOnTouch and PageManager. These both complained that they needed OS X 10.5 and 10.6 or higher respectively despite having 10.10. Okay, so what use is a scanner if none of the software that comes with it installs. How am I supposed to use it?

The worst was yet to come. I went to reboot as I kept getting no scanner found. OS X failed to book. It bricked my MacBook, repeatedly crashing on boot. I was unable to recover with safe mode and had to do a full reinstall wasting 6 hours. I stupidly downloaded the latest driver specifically for OS X 10.9 and 10.10 and tried to install again, fail. Bricked my MacBook again.

Avoid at all costs. I should have gone with the Fujitsu for the same price.

If you are brave enough, make sure you back everything up first. But honestly I don't think you need a scanner that badly. Will be sending this back.
VINE VOICEon 5 January 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've tried this scanner on two different computers, both running Windows 8.1 and less than 12 months old. Unfortunately I can't get it to work on either of them so it's rather hard to review it any further. The software appears to install fine and when connected the scanner is viewable in Printers and Devices and does not require troubleshooting. The report says the device is working properly.

I've checked the USB cables and they don't seem to have issues (they work with other devices) so I am really at a loss as to what is wrong. Hopefully Canon will be of some help - but I've already spent several hours trying to get this to work.

Canon Customer Services have refused to help as I have no 'proof of purchase' this being a Vine Review item. Your experience may differ if you have bought one yourself, or it may not.
on 28 June 2015
SEE UPDATE BELOW:

FAST! easy to use and great quality
I wondered whether to buy something cheaper - I am glad I did not - this WORKS

NB wont scan books you need a flat bed for that - but a flat bed is bigger and usually slower and can NEVER scan both sides at once as this does

Went wrong after a week or two of light use, started squeaking and making a noise, now wont work on mac OS Yosemite or Windows 10 - totally useless and a very expensive useless lump of uselessness. My 15 year old clunky scanner still works fine but i should not have to be using it - AVOID - and support not good

Update November 2015 - I am still struggling to use this, I have desperate needs to scan documents in a dispute in court which is why I bought a £200 scanner. Don't buy this. One simple reason: it doesn't work. I cannot begin to describe how awful the software is