Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

Whenever I read a Joseph Finder thriller -- and I've now read all eleven of them -- the only question for me is HOW good will it be; it has never been an issue of WILL it be good. Regarding Suspicion, my answer is that it is a VERY good book and it serves to continue to reinforce my opinion of Finder as one of the best of the best of today's thriller writers.

Suspicion, which represents a departure from Finder's Nick Heller series and his corporate espionage thrillers, involves a father of a teenage daughter attending a very upscale private school who is forced to make a choice of unspeakable consequences. I won't say more about the plot, as this can be read about in the Amazon Book Description. I will say, however, that in addition to its suspenseful and exciting plot, Suspicion has all the other important ingredients that should keep you glued to your seat from beginning to end -- interesting and credible characters, realistic dialogue and a fast-paced writing style.

To be honest, however, Suspicion is not flawless -- but, really, how many books are? These flaws are minor and pertain to some actions taken by the main character that seem to go "against the grain" of his basic personality to make them, for me, fully believable. But, then again, this book is fiction, and they help to support the issue of "how far a father will go to protect his daughter (and himself)", as well as to help create considerable suspense. I mention these flaws because, for me, they exist; but let me assure you that they are not likely to detract from your overall enjoyment of Suspicion.

All in all, I highly recommend Suspicion and, as mentioned in the headline of my review, my suspicion is that you'll have no suspicion of how suspenseful Suspicion is!
on 12 June 2014
This was a let-down relative to some of Finder's earlier works.

There is not a bad story within and readers do have more than one character to align with. There are also a couple of twists to keep things interesting and, generally, the book is a page-turner and easy to read.

But there is no real intrigue or mystery. The writing too is unexceptional. Some will find the improbable elements a little hard to take, although I must say Finder does not go overboard with the nonsense. His occasional use of five pages of narrative when one would have done did test me a few times though.

In short, all a bit plain and not very challenging. This sort of thing has been done many times before and the delivery here offers nothing new or different.
on 9 October 2014
This is the second book I have read by Joseph Finder, the first being Paranoia, which is definitely in my top ten favourite books ever (and I read a lot).
I finished Suspicion this morning on my journey to work.
It was a brilliant story, one of those that got better and more on the edge of your seat thrilling in the middle and by the last few chapters I couldn't put it down.
Joseph Finder is a fantastic writer (purely based on the two books I have read by him) and I'm going to order another of his now. Can't wait.
on 10 August 2014
I don't know if I have just been bored by books recently or what but this book has restored my faith :)

Really good plot with enough twists to keep you guessing and hope for a happy ending. Finders writing is up to his usual standard which means excellent.

I am happy to recommend this book
on 17 November 2015
First book I have read by the author. A well written book with a story that flowed well. I have already bought another of his books.
on 28 July 2014
I chose this book after reading an interview with Jackie Collins, who said that she had it on her holiday read list. Im not a particular fan of Jackie Collins, but as I wanted an addition to my Kindle library, I thought why not. What a good choice Jackie! I thoroughly enjoyed the story, and will look out for others by this author. Anyone who enjoys crime thrillers will surely find this one an engrossing read.
on 8 December 2014
I loved this! New author gor me and I'm chuffed to have found him. Takes something that could have been humdrum and packed it full of twists, turns and great writing.
on 20 May 2015
Really love his style of writing. This book just got better and better. Highly recommended. I am now looking for more Finder books.
on 6 January 2016
One of the most edge of your seat thrillers I've ever read - worth 10 stars
on 19 May 2015
Takes a while to get going but nice plot with good twists along the way