Wow. Now, I know that’s not a very wordy, or descriptive review, but just, wow.

With this book is the indelible sense that all the threads are being pulled together towards the conclusion, but there are still those pesky mysteries fluttering at the edge of my senses. Benjamin, Nathaniel, Marion, James, Rylie, Seth.

Elise is one of the most kick ass heroines I’ve read in a while. And finally, it seems as though James might be stepping away from his modest worlds domination plan.

As always, Sara has written a fast paced rampage through Dis, New Eden and Northgate. There were literally parts of this story where my jaw dropped. If you’ve read it, you know what I mean. If you haven’t, well, I’m not going to spoil it for you. But I think I took up talking to my kindle again. It’s OK – no one was watching.

And the ending? Well, I’m not entirely sure that the term cliffhanger is sufficient to describe the position the author leaves us in. Just…..evil. But… she’s a best seller for a reason, and this book demonstrates why.

I received an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
I received this book from the author in return for a fair and honest review.

This book is better than the last one for the simple reason that you can feel it building up to the climax. There are the twists and turns to the story that I have come to associate with S.M. Reine, as well as a build up of the suspense in the fight between the angels and the demons. As with most of S.M. Reine's books, there is no clearcut good and evil but a murky shade of grey.

Some of the hints that were given in the last book are answered in this but there are still lots more that needs tying up before the end of the next book.

I have enjoyed this series but feel like it is time to finish it. Give Elise the chance to "go out strong, rather than living in weakness."
on 9 August 2014
I have never written a review before, but thought that I should considering how hooked I am. I started reading SM Reine with a free download from Amazon...I have been hooked ever since, love the fact that the characters interact with each other in each of the series, after finishing this book which I thought was going to be the concluding book, imagine my glee when I found out that it was not - loved the twists and building suspense. The books are wonderfully written - very easy to read. I have just read the preternatural affairs series and these I flew through. I can't wait for the next installment.
on 17 March 2016
Have read all of this series and and have come to the final book, it's been a brilliant read for the couple of weeks since I started and really don't want the story to end, but have come to the final book with a sense of impending loss.
SM Reine, Thank you for your brilliant way of telling the story of Elise, James, Rylie, Abel, Nash, Summer and the rest of the characters. Am going to miss reading about them, will have to try and find the other books with some if them in.
on 27 July 2014
Please hurry with the next instalment! Will get withdrawal symptoms - need to know what happens next!! As with the previous episodes of this series, this was so easy to read and become part of. Waiting for each new book to reveal its adventure, enjoying each emotion that occurred. Happy, sad, puzzled and devastated. Some romance a little sex. Would recommend this series to anyone who wanted a captivating read. Thanks again S M Reine, keep writing please.
on 2 July 2014
I have read both the decent and ascension series. I have enjoyed them all. The characters are brilliant and you get to know Elise a bit more with each book, as well as the other main characters in the story. I didn't think that the story could keep on going but there's always more and the twists in the plot keep you reading. I can't wait for the next installment...........even if it is just to find out what James' motives really are!
on 9 September 2014
Have read all SM Reines series of books. They are that good I read one after the other and am about to start the last book (7) in this series which I find really sad but cant wait lol.
The story / fantasy is so well written it just carries you away.
Thankyou SM Reine for such a wonderful,thrilling,sad,enjoyable fantasy
on 16 June 2014
wow. what an amazing story. I can't get enough of Elise and James. Both are amazing characters. storyline was fantastic. so many unexpected twists and turns that just wasn't expected but that's what keeps you reading!! CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK!! You are an amazing writer S M Reine!!!
on 16 June 2014
OH MY GOD. PLEASE JUST RELEASE THE NEXT ONE NOW!!! If you haven't read any of the Elise books yet, start with the Descent series and then move on to the Ascension series, else you'll be hopelessly lost, but read them! Powerful, fast paced, excellently portrayed characters. I love them.
on 31 July 2014
I absolutely loved this book. It has left you needing answers to so many questions that I want the new book now. It will seem like forever until it comes through.
What happened to Marion, what will happen to James, Elise and the pack.