4.0 out of 5 stars Well blow me!
Was worried this wouldn't come in time for the heatwave, but it arrived a day after dispatch! Phew!

Published 2 months ago by Mr. Mj Swain

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fan...useless 3 speed controls.
Whilst it certainly moves the air, it's functionality is rather limited in a domestic setting by the fact the three speed settings appear to be set at 100%, 98% and 96%. I would have thought maybe 100% 75% and 50% would have been more useful.

Published 1 month ago by Mr. J. E. Dagless

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Well blow me!, 17 July 2014
Mr. Mj Swain - See all my reviews
This review is from: High Quality Millen-I-Air 18" (45 cm) High Velocity Cool Air Circulator Fan with 3 Speed Settings (Gun Metal)

Comes semi-assembled, which is great. What's not so great is that the central cap is shrouded in polystyrene and plastic wrap in such a way that you have to take the front off the fan to remove it. The edge clips are fine, but there is also a very fiddly bolt and screw to undo in order to remove it completely. The rest of the assembly simply involves screwing in half the base, which is a one minute job.

Performance-wise I'd say the first setting is strong enough for most rooms. The two other settings sound like military jets taking off. Sitting in front of the third setting produces the same aesthetic effect on the face as the centrifuge machine from the James Bond film Moonraker. In fact I'm still trying to dig my eyeballs out of my mid-brain with a teaspoon as I type this.

My final moan is about the length of the power cord, which can't be much more than a meter. When a company calls themselves Prem-I-Air, I expect a premier length of power cord. On a positive note, it's certainly suicide proof (unless you're Warwick Davies or Nick Nack).

Despite these minor annoyances, I think this unit's performance will, in all likeliness, exceed most people's expectations for 30. I am now less of a sweaty mess than I was, and no longer feel embarrassed to answer the door because I look and smell like I've just been fished out of a latrine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful fan, 29 May 2014
High quality, sturdy, and does as intended.

Fan noise is as expected, no worse than a similar fan I already have.

Actually the motor itself is fairly quiet, but yes, there is very obvious "turbo prop" type noise from the large spinning blades moving a lot of air at high speed ---- but I guess there's not a lot you can do about the laws of physics. (Unless you invest considerably more on a Dyson Blade using different technology at four times the price ------ which is beyond my budget.)

Does as advertised, and delivered promptly.
I am happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PREM-I-AIR, 2 Jun 2014
I HAVE PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED TWO OF THESE PRODUCTS AND THEY WORK GREAT YEAR IN YEAR OUT .LOVE THIS FANS.GREAT FOR ANY ROOM IN THE HOUSE.THE 18" IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE 22".LOVE THE NEW SPEED CONTROL.

5.0 out of 5 stars High-powered fan that does the job!, 31 July 2014
I needed a new fan for my bedroom as the 12 inch one I previously had wasn't quite pulling its weight in the heat. I decided to go for a bigger, faster, more powerful fan and eventually settled with this one and let me tell you I have no regrets!

I'll go over the good stuff to begin with. Firstly, it comes ready-assembled and you can use it straight from out the box - simply take it out, plug it into the socket and you're away. Second, it blasts air like I've never seen before. I've heard people describe it as a wind tunnel and that really is an accurate description. The amount of air it blasts out on the highest setting is insane! You can be 5+ meters or so away and still feel like you're getting a gale-force wind. Even if the temperature in the room is hot and humid, the rush of air against the skin definitely creates a cooling sensation. And if you don't like the full-on blast at yourself the fan pivots on the horizontal axis so you can point it straight up and the air will move quickly around the room creating a gentle breeze which is also satisfying.

People say the fan is "too noisy" but you can't expect something that moves this much air to be silent - it's just not realistic. For those wondering, the noise is a low pitch buzzing/propeller-sounding noise which although may become a problem when the TV is on low volume, it is not a problem that can't be overcome by turning said TV up. The noise whilst noticeable has never troubled me anyway.

Only down-side I'd say is that there is very little difference between the three speed settings. You seem to either get; high, higher or highest in terms of air flow. So if you are interested just beware that there isn't really a 'low' option so to speak.

Hope this helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow !, 11 July 2014
Bought this to place in front of me when playing gigs with my band. It's an absolutely great fan, and the minimum setting is more than enough. Great in the house too. So good, the bass player, and drummer bought one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT GET IT GET IT!, 1 Aug 2014
Fantastic fan! Yes it is noisy BUT it moves so much air that I can pretend I am in a super model swishing my locks around. It sounds remarkably like a old bomber. On low setting it is not too noisy, on medium is moves a lot more air but full... you only need this if you want to remove everything from your shelves!
Just to show the power, we have a computer room at the end of the a corridor with one tiny window. It gets so hot in there it is unbarable. We switched the fan on. There is a fine mesh over the window to stop bugs getting in. It was tented outwards from the sheer volume of air pumped out of the room... IT IS AWESOME!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fan...useless 3 speed controls., 8 Aug 2014

More than 10 mins and you have to switch it off due to the noise. We have other fans in the home so we know they make noise as the nature of the beast but this one isn't really domestic in its current setup. I may have to do some adjustments in the controller box or find a step down power unit. Great fan let down by poor electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars My poor husky was suffering from this current heat wave, 27 July 2014
This fan exceeded my expectations. My poor husky was suffering from this current heat wave , and I desperately needed a fan that could keep her cool. Having bought a bladeless fan last year , and being very disappointed with it's performance, I decided to return to a more traditional fan. Wow ! , is my reaction. Even on the lowest setting, this fan keeps my lounge delightfully cool, and my husky, much happier. The fan may be a little noisey for some, but I find it quite relaxing, and my bladeless was just as noisey, so I would thoroughly recommend this fan, just brilliant !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the home gym...., 25 Aug 2014
Read the reviews about power, noise etc. And decided this was just what I needed to put in front of the bike on the turbo trainer. Perfect for the job. Super powerful, blasts away the sweat and who cares about the noise when cranking out the watts with loud music to motivate. Great gym fan for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014