5.0 out of 5 stars Really good
I spent a long time looking at various pairs of headphones and finally setted on these - despite the Beats bashers saying they're only for people who care about style over substance. Well, now I own a pair, I can safely say those people are wrong.

Published 2 months ago by timmy_s

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE IF YOU HAVE AN ANDRIOD PHONE OR NO IOS DEVICE
Please take note
If you have an android phone / Tablet and you want to use the Remote Talk Cable to change songs, adjust the volume, etc. I would like to confirm that it is NOT COMPATIBLE and does not work! YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR DEVICE! So if you don't have an apple the cable is useless. Music: the sound quality is good!

Quote: (Compatible with iOS...
Published 28 days ago by sophie banks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 8 Aug 2014

Yes - they are a good looking pair of headphones. I got comments on them in the office on the first day I bought them. And I've continued to get comments and questions about them after that. The shiny headband will attract fingerprints of course, but they're only really noticeable if you look closely anyway. The build quality is fantastic. The hinges lock solidly, the band adjusts well and doesn't pinch. I can wear these for long periods with no issue. The foam earcups are very comforable and the leatherette finish is lovely. The cable is thick, the L shaped connector is a nice touch and is well built, and I find the remote works well, and because it's a bit bigger, it's easier to change volume/play/pause than with some headphones.

When it comes to the audio, let me start with things that some people might not enjoy about the Beats. They do leak a little bit of sound, when they're at full pelt. Nothing major, but it might annoy a fellow train passenger if you're at full volume. Isolation is very good though - you won't hear that much of the outside world.

The soundstage is not flat. The headphones do bring out the bass without question, but it is NOT overwhelming, and the sound as a whole is pretty well balanced. You can hear highs and mids without trouble -- I've certainly heard parts of songs I didn't know existed before! It's a vast improvement on my pair of in-ear earphones, which I'd previously thought were pretty good.

If like me, you've been debating about getting a pair of these for a while, just take the plunge. The only thing you'll regret is you didn't get them before now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Beat(s), 19 Jun 2014
If it's neon, I'll buy it. If it's neon and pink? I've already bought it.

I first saw the Solo2 Headphones in an Amazon email and was instantly drawn to them. I debated buying them as they are obviously a more premium headphone brand but after tiring of my SMS Over-Ear Headphones giving me headaches from the weight of them, I thought I'd take a risk.

On arrival, the headphones look as premium as you would hope. High quality packaging safely encloses the headphones, matching wire, carry pouch and carabineer.

First impressions of the headphones were very positive: smooth, sexy, sleek... And of course, bright pink! They are a gorgeous colour with a silver "b" on each earcup that even looks a little bit sparkly (cute - as Dre would have most definitely hoped for). The matching wire looks great, too. With an in-line mic, these worked perfectly with my iPhone, so no complaints there. A high shine finish and loud colour choice makes these headphones far from subtle but they are streamlined and sit neatly over-ear, unlike other OE headphones that can engulf a smaller head.

The headphones feel very comfortable, with the padded headband and ear cushions and they don't push into my head like my SMS Headphones, which is a definite plus. Over-ear headphones can naturally make your ears hot, but even with extended playtimes, I haven't found the Solo2s to cause discomfort. Due to the plastic construction instead of metal, they are light but do not feel cheap; unlike the old Solo HDs that felt "clackety" (for want of a better word!).

With regards to sound quality, the headphones also speak volumes. Using my headphones primarily with my iPhone 5, when the volume is only half way, they sound good and pick up on parts of songs that I haven't heard before. However, I could hear other people around me with the volume at "half mast", so I would say that noise cancellation would improve these headphones. As for sound leakage, I had no complaints from people around me. I even tested them and asked a colleague if they could hear my music and only when the volume was at 90% did they say it was "annoyingly" audible.

Overall, I am very happy with my new Solo2 Headphones. The colour is eye-catching; the build quality is high and (in my eyes / ears) they definitely go beyond the normal "fashion accessory" demonization which Beats is often labelled with.

5.0 out of 5 stars much improved beats from the last ones, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 On-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
very good headphones excellent sound i cant believe some people are saying there rubbish (as good as a cheap pair £10 headphones) what are they listening too!! okay a bit pricey but they look good and as i said excellent sound. dont get put off by negative reviews on these solo beats 2 some people really dont have a clue.

5.0 out of 5 stars For your listening pleasure, get this!, 10 July 2014
First class item, a tad expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for and this item is really very good. Great quality with adjustable size head-band, the sound quality is excellent and very comfortable to wear, not too light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Jun 2014
I got these Beats Solo 2's as a present after contemplating buying a pair for myself for years. I usually only use in ear headphones but I thought I would go for something different, especially for use at home and whilst travelling/on holiday.

I finally decided to go for the blue Solo's as they are not too plain, yet not to bright. They come in a great box that is ideal to keep, with a perfect carry case to protect your headphones on the move, my only comment is it would be great if it was a hard case as then i could put these in my suitcase for holidays. The earcups fold down on the headphones to make them more compact, and unlike other headphones ive used before it feels sturdy and as if the hinge will last.

I use these headphones mainly with my iPhone 5 and iPod Touch, at work and to watch TV on demand. The ear cushions are well padded so even after wearing the headphones for hours on end after a journey to Essex they still felt comfortable.

I listen to mostly House Music and this gave the Solo 2's a chance to show off the quality of bass. The quality was very good even at a high volume, so these headphones both look amazing, and sound amazing. I usually have the volume around 70%, and there is not distortion, and I cant hear people when in the same room (a bonus with the family) so i would rate the noise cancelling highly.

The finish on the headphones is great, whilst still having a slight gloss finish they still feel and look premium. The silver 'b' logo on the outside of the earcup just tops the headphone off.

Your detachable headphone cable is included in the box, and this is even colour matched which is a bonus. The cable includes an in-line mic so you can take phone calls and change songs without having to take your device from your pocket.

Should you buy the Beats Solo 2?
Definitely. They may seem pricey at first glance but once you receive them you wont be disappointed. I have worn these at the gym (when i occasionally go) and they are more comfortable than any in or over ears that i have tried previously. They are a guaranteed head turner, feature great noise isolation, and have a premium and expensive finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much improved...., 23 Jun 2014
After owning a pair of original Solo's and having my girlfriend steal them on a regular basis, I decided it was time to buy another pair. I saw the Solo 2's and thought it's worth spending the extra to give them a try.

First impressions, very good! Well boxed and comes with all the accessories you'll need (case, Control Talk cable, carabiner). As for the headphones themselves, they feel immediately much sturdier than the older model. Upon closer inspection, the hinges where the headphones fold on the older model were made from plastic and slowly wear away over time. The hinges on the Solo 2's are made from metal and therefore do not wear away (as quickly at least). This is great news because the hinges on the old Solo's are basically worn out after 1 year of use. The cable included also feels stronger. Only time will tell if it is! The Solo 2's are also slightly more comfortable I find.

Now for the important part: Sound Quality. The original Solo's were very good and it's difficult to improve the sound on something that already sounds good. Is the sound quality better you ask? Yes, it is. I find there is a much more natural response from the headphones. The bass is not so over exaggerated as the older model. Mids and highs are very clear without sounding sharp. You can tell there have been many small tweaks made from the old model, but they make quite a big difference. Overall, it is a much more refined listening experience. I have listened to just about every genre of music you can think of on these headphones, from classical to thrash metal and all of them sound fantastic.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend spending the extra to buy these over the originals. The biggest challenge I have now is to keep my girlfriend away from them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Aug 2014
Didn't purchase on here, I got them from argos and I must say I'm glad I bought them I think they are brilliant. Really good sound quality as well as strong comfortable all round feel. 5 stars would recommend to people who are interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 8 Oct 2014
Well, you really do get what you pay for. These are at the high end of ear phones, and what a sound. Excellent quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Oct 2014
yes they were very good but i think there abit over priced to be honest

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct 2014
quick and easy transaction, great product as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›