on 17 May 2014
The first book in Becca Andre's was great and from the way it finished, the real and loveable characters and knew that book 2 had the potential to be amazing.

On the grounds of this, i bought my kindle copy of The Blood Alchemist as soon as i heard it had been released, regardless of the fact that was at a time in the morning when only birds are awake.

I started reading... And couldn't stop
This is a book that grabs you from the start and doesn't let go.

The characters take on new levels of realty, the plot is more wicked and winding and nothing is quite what it seems the twisting emotions of a lost love and a main character trying to undo her past mistakes - mistakes she hardly remembers - makes this story so much more than just a murder mystery with magic and explosions.

While I struggled to get a grip on the geography of the locations in the book, I suspect this has more to do with my lack of knowledge rather than any failing on the author's part. This did not detract from my enjoyment at all. It simply left me making up imagery images that i am sure were not what the author intended.

All in all though, this has got to be one of my favorite books and cannot wait for next installment in this thrilling series.
on 20 July 2014
Another really good read, could not put the book down ( although I again guessed who was doing what from an early stage- knowing this didn't detract at all from the book). Becca Andre's books are fast paced, initiative and different. Her characters are likeable, have depth and personality and although you find romance they are not sappy in any way - refreshing .
on 3 June 2014
What a brilliant series this is! A bit different from your usual paranormal series (no vampires in sight so far), well written, engaging characters and relationships, captivating storyline - just great! Definitely read book one before this one. I just love the whole series and can't wait for the next one - I can't recommend it enough to paranormal fans
on 31 May 2014
Really enjoyed this, love the world, love the character. Slightly perturbed by the sheer nastiness of her previous 'personality', which then makes her slightly unbelievable, but that's a mere bagatelle... Can't wait for the next book.
on 29 June 2014
Just love the way Becca writes. Descriptive, fluid, perfectly paced. The story itself pans out exactly how I'd want it to with plenty of emotional twists and turns. The main thing for me however is Addie. I just love her character. She's not a major "too cool for school" person but she's also not a sap. She's nicely in-between with a fantastic dialogue to boot. Although I'm close to broke, the next book is going to be totally worth it.
on 6 July 2014
What a great read, couldn't put this book down, hope the next one come out quickly this book will not disappoint
on 31 July 2014
Really engrossing read, great characters, I really recommend this book to people who enjoy action adventure and romance all in one book. I read the whole series and they are well done indeed.
on 12 June 2015
I am thoroughly enjoying this series of books. They keep you locked into the story and characters. Will definitely be going on to read further books in this series.
on 22 July 2014
A really new take on a fantasy theme. Really enjoyed the characters, particularly Addie. Great complex story, want more please!
on 5 November 2014
Brilliant storyline and a writing style that holds your interest to the end!