Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 11 April 2016
Excellent for the first 60% or so, then it felt a bit rushed and (compared to earlier) insipid.

The slow developmental flow of the first half of the book was enjoyable. however as the plot rushed to what nowadays seems to be the obligatory war/shooting/fight I felt less engaged, less interested.

Definitely well worth the read, its just I think the author needed a little more patience and time to develop the ideas as well as they could be.
on 30 May 2014
I enjoyed this book very much, the first two thirds more than the last third, which seemed more typical of many post-apocalyptic offerings. Liked the style of writing, liked the main characters. A shame that, as usual, it had to degenerate into the usual war scenario towards the end. I far prefer survivor struggles against the elements, nature etc rather than warfare between humans, which seems to be an ongoing favourite of many authors.
on 26 May 2016
Really enjoyed this adventure. Quite fast paced at the start. It does tail off a bit to the end but not greatly to the detriment of the book. Thoroughly recommend and we get the next one by this author
on 17 June 2016
This was a great book to get lost in a fantasy adventure , I really enjoyed the descriptions the author painted making the landscapes easy to visualise. Also trying to work out where the author was geographically taking me in the clues in the names of places around Britain and further afield.
on 3 May 2016
Watching the characters develop and relationships grow throughout this book was an absolute pleasure. I loved every moment of the story and felt a variety of emotions as tense situations became character defining moments. I was sad to see this one end, but felt it ended wonderfully - wrapped up, yet left slightly open for the possibility of more. Which I will be first in line to read.
on 24 May 2014
Brilliant read. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Had me gripped from the start right through to the end. Would definitely recommend this.
on 26 September 2014
Wonderfully written. Warm, gripping and just plain great. Will be looking out for this author in the future.
on 10 April 2016
Brilliant book, quite unusual and kept me interested all the way to the end. A pleasure to read
on 8 July 2014
A realy decent read which flowed nicely
on 28 March 2016