3.0 out of 5 stars Good DLC pack, worthwhile if you enjoy the base game, 27 May 2014
555 "555" (555) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Watch Dogs: Season Pass (PC) [PC Code - Uplay] (Software Download)
-New single-player campaign - Puts you in the role of T-Bone, eccentric hacker and ally to Aiden Pearce
-Conspiracy! - a new Digital Trip which sets you on the hunt for cyborgs
-The Untouchables Pack - Go oldschool with some classic Chicago mobster film gear including a 1920s mobster outfit and a M1 SMG (in North America, the Untouchables Pack will only be available with the Season Pass)
-Additional single-player missions, outfits and weapons
-One week early access to all Watch Dogs DLC
All that, for 25% less than what it would cost to buy each individual piece of content

This DLC pack is worthwhile i just gave 4/5 stars as i think it should be already included in the game, normally DLC appear even months after game release, but when you get a DLC on the same day as the game release day that makes you think: "money grab?"

The new weapons and outfits need to be either unlocked by completing an extra DLC added mission or purchased in any store on the map.
Most outfits are just different color and/or just a bit different design than original game ones so here it goes down to 3/5 stars as this isn't what people expect when they read "new outfits" it should rather say "new colors of old outfits"
But now you get a Tommy smg and a classical gangsta outfit from 20s and thats a nice touch, welcome to Chicago!

If you like the game you will may find it worth the money, i think it could be cheaper or as i wrote before, should be included in the base game

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, but not bad either...has the potential of becoming a great series, 4 Jan. 2015
To be honest the base game was bundled with a graphics card I bought earlier this year, so I did not buy the game with my own money and thus may give a slightly more favourable review...although I did decide to buy the 'Season Pass' DLC simply because the game was quite hyped at the time and because, well, the base game was free so I thought I could splash out on an extra feature.

The game revolves around one character who basically wants to seek revenge, whilst living in an open city where everything is connected to a central system...combined with the fact that the character you control can hack into this system means that pretty much everything can be hacked and/or controlled - listen to phone conversations, access ATMs, disable car alarms...

I must admit I was initially quite excited about this game - it contains some sci-fi, it's an open-world game, seemingly good story...all elements which I like. However, like other people, I was a-bit disappointed with it overall. There are three main problems I think:

(1) the storyline doesn't seem to have been thought out very well - I mean it was initially so slow that I decided to go play online, something I usually only do once I have completed the main story to ascertain I am familiar with the game...but then it's like the story writers realised that they needed to get a move on and all the exciting stuff only happens in the later missions;

(2) Car physics aren't great - sure it's not a car game, but you do need to use them a-lot so they need to be done right...the main problem, I thought, was the slow steering which can be annoying once you get used to it. A pity, because the cars are nicely detailed in terms of appearance - inside and out, with some some nice sounds and features (one car even has 'follow-me-home lights' which don't turn off immediately when you turn off the car but rather a short while after leaving the car)

(3) Sometimes it was too easy and repetitive...in practically all missions you must hack cameras to get to a location where you can hack something else (e.g. to open gates etc), which was monotonous...I also thought that hacking would need to involve some skill...but no, you just press a button and it's done - what fun is that? (in fairness, thankfully, there are a few scenarios where you need to use your head, but they're not all that common).

That's not to say it's a bad game - I liked it and it offers some nice multiplayer online options, so if the price is right I'd say give it a go especially since this has the potential to become a great series eventually and it'd be great if you played through all the games if it did.

As regards the Season Pass DLC - again, I would recommend you get it only if it doesn't cost too much over the regular game since you only get extra outfits, some admittedly nice side games and extra missions. The 'Season Pass' should also contain the 'Bad Blood' DLC in which you can play as another (supposedly more fun) character, but I haven't tried it out yet so can't comment.