5.0 out of 5 stars This personal computer does me just fine. Highly recommend
Published 3 months ago by Mr David J Clarkson

3.0 out of 5 stars No wifi after all but nice little computer small without being fiddly
Nice quiet PC small without being fiddly but didn't come with wireless as described which is annoying - happened to have a net gear dongle knocking about so no drama but it is annoying when not as description. Perfectly smooth and quick enough for day to day computing as family computer for homework etc.
Published 1 month ago by G. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars This personal computer does me just fine. Highly recommend, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Zoostorm 7270-8006 Ultra Small Form Factor PC (Intel Celeron-1037U 1.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB SSD, DVDRW, Wi-Fi, Windows 8.1 with Bing) (Personal Computers)
Very impressed!! I'm only a part-time computer user, and I'm sure there are more powerful 'bits of kit' out there, but this personal computer does me just fine. Highly recommend, to anyone, who, like me, wants to upgrade, but doesn't need anything too complicated. That's a bit unfair on the manufacturers - of course it's complicated; I should imagine all computers are - the trick is, to make it as easy as possible for the customer. That has been achieved 100% !
Also, very quiet - I am, however, comparing this to my old 'lump' of a computer. Maybe all desk top, personal computers are as quiet as this, these days.
Certainly, gets top marks from me...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant PC, 27 July 2014
Simon Haven (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic little PC. It looks good, it's small enough to just sit on the desk beside the monitor and it's very very quiet compared to any PC I've ever owned. I was slightly concerned when I ordered it that the processor might not be up to the job but everything seems lightning-fast so far - I use it for web browsing & normal office-type tasks, not playing games though.

Windows 8 is a bit different but not really that hard to get to grips with and setup was extremely fast.

I got the 128Gb SSD version which is excellent for speed, my only worry now is that perhaps I should have spent a bit more for a larger disk.

The only niggle is that the Amazon description says it comes with a VESA bracket for mounting behind a monitor but I didn't find one in the box. Doesn't really matter because it's fine on the desktop but if I got a newer bigger monitor I'd consider mounting it.

I've been looking for quite a while for a new PC which wasn't a huge desktop and I think I got quite a bargain for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but please read my review when considering Hard Drive options..., 30 July 2014
I purchased 3 of these for a small office.

Fantastic and amazing quick and quiet (no significant noise at all!) for a budget PC. I would happily endorse any of the other 5 star comments made on here BUT the 64GB SSD version arrived on the 3 PC's with just 8GB, 10GB and 11GB of useable hard drive available!!! (Windows 8 neglects to tell you that it needs significantly more hard drive than listed in it's system requirements due to backup storage, and it would also appear your final install size is pot luck despite all 3 computers being identical!)

This 64SSD is fine for anyone using the PC for internet surfing, basic office work or one or two programmes but it will not be enough for anyone wishing to use it for significant media storage (photos,films,music etc) and it certainly won't be any good for gaming. Yes, you could increase the storage space with portable drives, USB flash drives etc but then you are adding to the overall cost and it may be worth checking out other higher priced machines before you buy to see what you could get for a little bit more money.

Personally we bought this for a small office for internet access and some printing and it's perfect for that. If you need significantly more storage you may wish to consider the 500GB HDD version, which at the time of writing is cheaper but it will be marginally slower and noisier due to the way in which a traditional HDD works.

It's also worth noting that it would appear the SSD versions of this machine come with a wifi antenna, were as the other HDD ones don't (check out the title and item pictures for the different models to see what I mean!).

One other thing, this base unit does not come with a keyboard or mouse. You will need a USB keyboard and mouse for this item which can be purchased separately on amazon. I purchased the Logitech MK120 keyboard/mouse combo pack from Amazon and I recommend it for both price (£12ish at time of writing) and the fact it's a similar finish/colour to the base unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredibly quiet and quite amazing value. You couldn't build a PC of this ..., 9 Aug 2014
Purchased for my wife to use with Lightroom and Photoshop in her office. Works perfectly, incredibly quiet and quite amazing value. You couldn't build a PC of this spec cheaply. It works really well. Apps do take a little while to install on it, but work well once they're installed, it's very responsive. This unit would make an excellent media centre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Small, Ultra Silent.. Extremely useful., 27 Aug 2014
Been using it for month or more now. Very natty proper desktop PC... I mean, it fits on the desk and I still have a desk to other things, it is not a suitcase sitting on or under my desk for once! My samsung laptop makes irritatingly more noise than this desktop, it is very quiet to almost completely silent. No SSD Card slot, minor irritation and my 128GB is oddly reduced to around 90GB before doing anything other than looking at the installed applications. Still trying to figure that one out! Invest in a good portable SD hard drive for extra storage and you should be fine.

I only use it for business solutions really and so cannot comment on how useful it may be for heavy multimedia applications and games. But it is a 'solid piece of kit'.

VESA Bracket... Like someone else commented, I saw this in the description but have seen no obvious bracket in the packaging other than a table top stand. (Something I had wanted). It has no VESA bracket. Not too sure why that is in the description!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price but I would disagree that this ..., 9 Sep 2014
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Good for the price but I would disagree that this is any sort of games machine! The 1.8GHz Celeron is just not up to any serious gaming. However, as a basic office machine for surfing the net, wordprocessing, spreadsheeting and presentations it is just fine.

Warning: Win8 will gobble your storage if you opt for the SSD version so can't recommend this unless you plan to use it as a thin client or else connect up an external HDD or else save over a network only.

The other option is to do what I did i.e. strip off Win8 and install Linux Mint which is much less greedy for HDD space and runs faster. Then this little beauty makes a brilliant home / office PC. Note that with the smaller SSD sizes I can't recommend Windows at all really unless you are fully networked.

Note that HDD versions seem to come without wifi so budget £10 for a Wifi dongle if you need it. Mine is connected to a hard wired network so not an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars first impressions - very pleased, 29 Aug 2014
surprisingly small -- easily stowed on table top .
very quiet.
adequately fast for my simple needs - have not tried games.
very fast start up / shutdown .

re windows 8 - i already have a samsung ativ book9 lite on win8 so learned from that .

the initial problem is microsoft try to coerce you into creating an account - it allowed me to set up a local account - just try any password - may need to fiddle about a bit .
the next problem is if you are presented with the unfamiliar tiles screen - find the desktop tile and clik - you should then get the familiar desktop .

i dont use touch screen , and ignore the ludicrously misnamed "charms" menu , , which is found by moving the cursur off screen left . moving the cursor offscreen top may show the familiar bar from which you may close a window .

after that win8 is not much different to win7 / xp or even vista , and certainly not as horrendous as some say ..

i uninstalled all the apps and programs i dont need.

the solid state ssd memory is 128gb may seem small but its plenty if you keep the bulk of your data on portable drives - which are now small and usb powered - and get into a routine where data is backed up .

instructions are minimal .

will update review on reliability .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent "Compact" PC, 26 Sep 2014
This is an excellent little PC approx 21 cm High,8 cm Wide and 19 cm Deep.It`s near silent in operation and easily quick enough for everyday use.
Some extra info:
VGA or HDMI Video Output
The fitted Solid State Drive(SSD) if you choose this version is a SanDisk SSDu110 128gb. Seems to be very quick
The Ram is a DDR3 1333-CL9 4gb Sodimm module, there is also a spare slot on the motherboard should you wish to add some more.
The DVD drive is a slot loader so the P.C. looks different from the picture which appears to show no DVD drive fitted.
Window 8.1 is "Bloatware" free. It`s just a clean install plus MS Office trial and Skype, it boots quickly to the "Desktop"
Iffy but not important:The following two points
On/Off button needs quite a push and it`s LED is very bright
It easily moved on my desk i.e. when pushing the On/Off switch, so I have fitted 4 rubber stick on feet, problem solved.
That`s it
By the way it looks better than the pictures suggest, the finish is good and the open mesh side panels let you have a glimpse of the components and also aid cooling, probably explaining how it runs silently.
Great Little P.C.

5.0 out of 5 stars It "exploded" on a Saturday and the next Tuesday I had this fine little machine on my desk, 14 Sep 2014
My old pc with Windows 7 had too much junk on it and was 6 years old or so. It "exploded" on a Saturday and the next Tuesday I had this fine little machine on my desk.
Very impressed with quick delivery. Now also very impressed wit performance. Got the 128 GB SSD - best option in my opinion. Add a few removable USB3 HDD's to it for your storage.
Desklife is definitely better now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014
P. D. Rice "PDR" (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
Good pc, does all the things my other pc does only half the size