5.0 out of 5 stars Ureka - more adventures with Monklet, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ureka: Finding the line between desire and contentment. Then riding it. (Kindle Edition)
Having stumbled across Graham's first book - In search of greener grass at a motorcycle show in Colchester - which is a fabulous book, which had had me laughing out loud. Touratech Twins is now part of my vocabulary.

So, without hesitation, I pre-ordered Graham's new offering. Without spoiling the read, it's how certain decisions affect the outcome we experience.

Graham has an engaging style, more like a mate in a pub recalling a story, than a travelogue. It's about the journey, not the destination, as well as being inspirational.

Top marks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventuring, 20 Jun 2014
Most people think adventuring is a weekend away with the lads, or maybe two weeks abroad in summer. Some people think you have to have the biggest newest bike with all the gadgets and camping gear.

Then there's Graham and his shoestring approach to biking and life.

His books encouraged me to loose the big bike and a buy smaller nimble bike which I'm busy preparing for a few adventures of my own.

So buy and read the books, and you will be inspired to have an adventure of your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't do this book justice... so... do yourself a favour and buy it - you won't regret it!!, 16 Jun 2014
Jay (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Every quest has a turning point, be it achievement or failure, epiphany or dead-end darkness. Graham saw the line between desire and contentment and he rode along it... Ureka!

Once again Graham proves he is a natural story teller; if only all travel writing was as candid, funny and honest and thoroughly, thoroughly entertaining!! And in true motorcycle diary style ... there's even a bit of a revolution!

80+ days in to the trip Graham is in Montenegro and his legendary dislike of Health & Safety comes to the fore. Exhausted he dropped the bike a third time... it was a bad one. Adrenalin fuelled he summoned the strength to pick it up... how quick happy travelling turns to serious incident in this environment. Where the F*** is health and safety now? Eh? Ya limp wristed, conforming, regulating cowards, fearful of spontaneity? Interfering and intrusive, eliminating instinct and improvisation. I'd happily meet my demise out here doing this and if I don't, I'll taunt you some more you country-crippling controllers. But with battered bike and ego he picked himself up, dusted himself down and by the end of the day professes no desire to swap the day for any other pleasure! And anyway… who needs a back brake?

And how I laughed at Grahams disdain for the “go nowhere forum naysayers, who although I have utter contempt for, still manage to cause a niggle of doubt with their negative ramblings that they peck out in the safety of their comfort zone. ’I wouldn't ride a bike like that' they say. Well what exactly would you ride and where..? Thumb through the plethora of motorcycle trimmings page by page; from index to internet and you will discover that Touratech don't sell balls. The ability to challenge your limitations comes from strength of spirit, not strength of panniers and you don't gain that quality slagging off what everybody else says and does.”

A great book is a lifelong pleasure; so… thank you Graham… it may not have been an easy road but the hardships make the rewards all the more pleasurable. 18 months of your life has enriched mine. The journey is the desire and therefore brings contentment. Where the journey ends the dreams begin… here’s to a lot more corners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the last book, if that is possible, 4 Jun 2014
P. Holroyd "Bear" (UK) - See all my reviews
If like me you are skint but love the adventure of the open road on two wheels this book is a must, a honest, humorous and sometimes worrying account of a no frills life of the solo adventurer.
The book is so descriptive of the surroundings and Graham's feelings that you could be at the side of the road in a cafe having a
chat.
Thoroughly recommended 10/10.

Regards,
Paul Holroyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jun 2014
Nigel Grace "HBiker" (UK) - See all my reviews
So good to read such a great book. As good as the first book. An honest read and good humour... Well done

Nigel grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Ureka, 11 July 2014
Very few book keep you engaged from beginning to end. Ureka pulls this off with ease as you find yourself along for the ride. I admire the honesty that this book is written with, its a very open account of the ups and downs of travel writing so well that you never feel the Author has fallen into a 'how hard the road is" mod.

Well worth a place on your bookshelf, its become my favourite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, it's great :), 10 July 2014
Quick delivery, excellent book. If you are even remotely interested in either bikes or travel (or people or the world or humour or anything interesting) then get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 July 2014
I met Graham at the motorcycle show a couple of years ago and bought his book "In Search of Greener Grass". I found it funny and hugely enjoyable, so much so that when I met him again at the motorcycle show last year I had no hesitation in ordering this new book "Ureka". It was well worth the wait! I love his down to earth honesty. If he's fed up with the way the day has turned out he says so, very bluntly, and gets ecstatic over the days that go well.
He is living proof that you don't need to spend a fortune to enjoy motorcycle adventure, and I love his statement "I'm not thinking there's something better round the corner, I'm just thinking about a lot more corners". I wish I'd thought of that!
Keep on traveling and keep on writing. By the way, have you got a spare pair of mole grips?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Escapism by motorcycle, 7 Jun 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed Graham's first book In Search Of Greener Grass, and got on well with Graham's laid back diary approach to his accounting his adventures. I pre-ordered Ureka after meeting Graham (again) at the Excel Motorcycle Show in February 2014, and have thoroughly enjoyed his new book and the ongoing adventures of the Ebay motorcycle, toilet brush holder, leaky boots, border guards and observations of the rest of the world from the saddle of a motorcycle.

Long may he travel and take us with him. A recommended read to escape the daily routine and see more of the world (through Graham's eyes).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Jun 2014
This is a great book I thought it would be hard for this book to be better than in search of greener grass but the way Graham takes you with him on his journey is just great He really makes you feel as if you are with him. I can't remember laughing so much (He so love's his satnav) lol