5.0 out of 5 stars Unique hardcore for the thinking man, 29 May 2014
A. Greening "bass_boy" (bournemouth, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
This debut album is everything you expect from from a punchy hardcore album but even more so. The thick baritone riffage along with the raw face ripping screams from Frank make this a great listen. I give this album 5/5 because every time I listen to it, I wish I wrote it instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make way indeed., 27 May 2014
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
A brilliant debut album. I am still getting acquainted with the songs but my first, second, third, and many more, impressions are of a band that is storming the hardcore punk scene by simply being very talented at what they do. As always, Frank Turner has written lyrics that are thought-provoking, funny and, as expected, somewhat angry. Matt Nazir also shines just by being amazing at just about any instrument that you throw at him. If Frank's other projects are anything to go by, I cannot wait to see these guys live. Their sound is reminicent of Million Dead (for obvious reasons what with Frank Turner screaming his lungs out and Ben Dawson trying to beat his drums to death) but I think the whole album is more well crafted and fine tuned - perhaps a result of 10+ more years of songwriting practice.
Personal favourites so far include 'Staff To The Refund Counter', 'Weak Handshake' and 'Blistering Blue Barnacles', though 'Make Way' feels necessary before any Mongol Horde listening. I have ordered the vinyl and I can't wait to drive my friends crazy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
What an excellent debut album, filled with actually quite clever lyrics! Great to see Frank back in the Hardcore field!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop reading this and buy it now., 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
To say Mongol Horde is a "side project" (that sadly has been put back into its box for the time being) this album shames many others who do "this" full time. The recording is crisp and crystal clear, with delicate cymbal and brushwork easily discernible. And then the guitars. Oh my god, those guitars! Punchy riffs, looped sequences, the lot. Kind of reminds me of early RATM - basic tunes cranked up to 11 played with authority and craft and aggression and arrogance. "Hey Judas" is my favourite. A half spoken, half growled tale of Keith Richards being a T-1000 model terminator. Wonderful. Missed them on tour in 2014 so looking forward to them opening the box again soon. Well done Frank, Ben and Matt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Um louts., 11 Jan. 2015
B. D. Hitch "Von H" (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
I thought I'd HATE this...I'm not really a punk or hardcore type person.

I was wrong. It's brilliant.

If you go through periods of despising every living thing on Earth [and I do] this will help.

The lyrics to 'Staff to the Refund Counter' should be carved in granite, and placed in a prominent location.

5.0 out of 5 stars 13/10, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
Absolutely love this album. Reeks of punk and metal, with hard hitting honest and always beautiful lyrics from Frank. Seen them play at the King Tuts and oh my god, these guys are incredible

5.0 out of 5 stars Join The Mongol empire., 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Mongol Horde [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Pain & Passion with every single word, with a pure innocence that begs to be played as the white vinyl leaves it's sleeve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 10 of all time?, 13 May 2015
Simon Slade (Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mongol Horde [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Lovely white vinyl in 180g and includes digital download. This album is excellent, it's may be in my top 10 of all time

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
One of the best albums ive ever heard, lyrically a masterpiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Mongol Horde (Audio CD)
Love this album. heavy as hell but with a great sense of fun.

Mongol Horde [VINYL]
Mongol Horde [VINYL] by Mongol Horde (Vinyl - 2014)