4.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money
Published on 18 Feb 2012 by Laya

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reviews for this bag
Recently bought this rucksack for going on a caving expedition and needed a lightweight bag as all caving stuff is heavy so tight on the weight allowance.

Published on 2 July 2012 by Ellie

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 18 Feb 2012
I travelled with this Backpack around Thailand and I thought it worked really really well! I was travelling for a month, I went trekking in the Jungle with it and it was very faithful. Some of the other people I was travelling with had spent a lot of money on their backpacks and they had lots of problems. I didn't have any problems with the straps, no discomfort and no tears. One of the key features is that its 85 litres which means you can fit quite a bit in there!!! I didn't give it 5 stars because a couple of the zips broke and there wasn't a protective cover. However for the price it is definitely a value for money. I would recommend it for short hiking trips maybe not long backpacking expeditions... Overall definitely a good buy!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reviews for this bag, 2 July 2012

It is very light, and a good cost. The side pockets fit lots in. However, it is not made of the best material. It is waterproof, but because it is thin material it is easy to get small holes. I had my helmet in the top on the way out and even though it isn't at all sharp, just the pressure of it being against the material made a small hole in it. Also, the stitching on the base which takes the most pressure when things are in there is also starting to come away.

The straps are also very basic to save on the weight, which means they aren't the most comfortable. When buckled up the hip strap did not take any of the weight of the bag off my shoulders, so if you are carrying a heavy bag it is not the most comfortable to carry.

This is a good bag if you are short of weight and won't be carrying it everyday with lots of heavy stuff in. But if you are using it everyday (as I was carrying heavy caving stuff across hills each day) then it gets worn very quickly and isn't comfortable to carry. I was away for 2 weeks and it shows major signs of stress. One of the shoulder straps is starting to rip, seams are starting to come away and some holes in it. But this is also probably due to the weight I had in it, if you are only carrying clothes and lightweight stuff around it might fare better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived Reading festival with this, 26 Sep 2013
Bought this as a bag to store everything I needed for my first trip to Reading festival. It holds loads! Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Backpack, 6 Feb 2014
I've recently used this for a backpacking trip for a month. Plenty of compartments and space to put your accessories in. Strong hold and no sign of any wear and tear. Comfortable fitting. Would definitely recommend this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product!, 28 July 2013
A brilliant product of really good quality, a reasonable price, easy simple transaction, arrived very quickly and would completely recommend. Brilliant! Used this for my month's travel around Europe and was perfect, no complaints whatsoever, if you are looking for a good bag for travelling then I recommend this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Festival Bag, 18 Jun 2014
I bought this bag to take to a festival, and yes you can fit loads in, but the the straps are rubbish around you waist and back, they offer no support, so is a killer to wear when weighed down with festival essentials such as booze! I wouldn't use this to go travelling, will invest in a decent bag... or a mule.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strap broke on first day of use, 10 Jun 2013
My son flew to America today for 3 months with his kit packed into his brand new 120l rucksack and only weighing 20 kilograms. Unforntunatley when collecting his rucksack in JFK airport as he put it on his back and the shoulder strap snapped. A great started to his adventure?.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Karabar Makalu Large 120 Litres Travel Backpack - 3 Years Warranty!
I took this to Glastonbury last week and whilst standing in the queue one of the straps broke. 3 zip pulls broke over a couple of days too. Whilst it is inexpensive it isn't fit for purpose and became an uncomfortable burden which I regretted buying - steer clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 28 July 2013
I bought this item for two reasons;
1. To take on my field trip
2. To take to India on a backpacking/volunteering project.
The bag itself seems flimsy and feels like it wouldn't hold much.. WRONG. The bag is surprisingly sturdy and has took weights of 20KG without any signs of strain. The bag is not as long as the image suggests, but it is wide. The pockets are great and allowed me to organise my
packing with ease. This product is an absolute bargain for the price, and I couldn't recommend it more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 21 Aug 2014
Shaw (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Held a good amount of stuff, no rips or tears considering I seriously overdid it on weight. Took it camping once so far and my only issue is that the chest/waist straps are pretty rubbish and it can be a little uncomfortable to wear.
This is due to the straps being kind of harsh on the shoulders and aforementioned areas, and also due to the fact that my back was cascading sweat the entire time I was walking with it. Maybe it's me, maybe its the bag not having any air circulation, maybe it's maybelline, I don't know, but it seems to be cheaply designed.

That being said, it's a cheap bag. Fantastically cheap actually, and does the job quite well. Recommended.