5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
Don't spoil it for yourself - if you're a fan of Akira, Hellsing, Evangelion and such then give this a look!
Published 1 month ago by Marc Fraser

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero re-watch value.
Buying this anime is the equivalent of buying a soap opera box set. Pointless.

Published 4 days ago by Matthew Petch

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 17 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars An almost flawless dub, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Attack On Titan: Part 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I personally love this show, the epicness of the fight scenes, the beautiful animation and the music are all stunning, I fell completely in love with it as soon as I finished watching the first episode subbed after it premiered on Crunchyroll, and I would give it 5 stars in a heartbeat if it weren't for one thing and that's Eren's voice in the dub which is portrayed by Brice Papenbrook (I think that's spelled right), I don't know what it is but it just doesn't sound right and since he's the main character you're going to hear a lot from him, hence why I feel justified lowering a star for this, thankfully though the rest of the dub cast is almost perfect especially Matthew Mercer as Levi who (like with Alessandro Juliani as L in Death Note) I feel to be 10 times better than the original Japanese actor and Trina Nishimura as Mikasa, with the rest of the supporting cast doing a superb job, there's an odd line here and there from the translation, but most of the characters who say these aren't around for very long anyway.

So if you don't mind a rather weak lead actor so long as the supporting cast are good I fully recommend the dub, if not then stick to the original japanese with subtitles, all that matters is if your a fan of shows like Evangelion, Akria, Code Geass and Death Note I fully recomend giving either version a watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Anime!, 30 May 2014
Gripping from start to finish I can't wait for season 2!
Attack on Titan is a truly brilliant Anime.
A must buy for fans!

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero re-watch value., 18 July 2014
Matthew Petch (Huddersfield) - See all my reviews
Buying this anime is the equivalent of buying a soap opera box set. Pointless.

The whole thing about this show, and what tricked so many people into thinking they were enjoying it, was it's cliché, EastEnders-level 'cliffhangers'. A year ago when I first watched this series as it aired, that kind of worked. You watched an episode, it would spend the 20 minutes of the show as filler (1-4 minute recaps of the previous episode, anyone?), then a couple of minutes progressing the story. Then the ending song would begin. It left you wanting to know what ridiculously thing happened next in this plot-hole filled mediocrity.

If you're buying this after already having seen it, or are going to watch it over a short period of time, just don't. Don't buy it. What you'll be left with is a good soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano, some questionable animation (though much better than when it first aired) and a mix of infuriatingly stupid or Mary Sue characters. Honestly, the show was GOOD until episode 8 where it really, really jumped the shark. The direction and pacing of the show are some of the worst I have ever seen to boot.

Avoid unless your favourite anime include Naruto, Bleach, Guilty Crown or Sword Art Online.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too dark for me, 7 Jun 2014
I was super excited for this anime, waiting a whole year to get an English dub and when I eventually watch it I was super disappointed, I don't know if it was just hyped too much on maybe it was just a bit too dark for me as I've been watching a lot of Naruto recently which is as you probably know is very light-hearted. Anyway the story is quite interesting and I genuanly felt for the characters, although like the wall that defends the town this anime is full of holes, this may come from poor translations but more likely just poor writing, I don't want to get on a soap box or anything as I love anime it's just sometime they'll come up with an idea and run with it, instead of polishing it into a bueatirful diamond they're happy with just having a piece of coal, that will warm the hart instead of igniting the soul

Attack On Titan: Part 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]