Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 15 May 2014
My Rebel Highlander is another great and captivating Scottish story of Vonda Sinclair’s Highland Adventure series! As soon as I read the first chapter, I got pulled into Rebbie and Calla’s love story! Another page turner! It’s filled with romance and packed with action! Beware, you will get grabbed and you won’t be able to put it down. That’s what happened to me! It’s the story of Robert “Rebbie” MacInnis, a stubborn highlander, who loves his freedom, so much, that he decided that he didn’t want to marry. It all started, when, in 1612, he has a one night torrid love affair with a mysterious young woman, whom he will never forget and haunt his dreams. Seven years later, his father forces him into a betrothal with a young girl, but Rebbie is reluctant to marry her because she lacks maturity, once more, he will dare defy his father. But Elena is stubborn too and will try to trap him! Then enters Calla, a young widow with a son, who will completely change his life, he won’t be able to resist her, something in her is very mysterious! Sparks flare between the two, but Rebbie is unwilling to fall in love, yet! Suddenly, events occur, that may cause him to realize that maybe Calla is the perfect woman for him. Just follow Rebbie and Calla’s beautiful journey filled with tenderness, passion and intrigue. Will, Rebbie be able to resist the mysterious Calla? Will they trust each other? Will this rebel highlander finally find the love of his life? If you love Scottish romances, then My Rebel Highlander will be perfect for you! I’m a huge fan of Ms. Sinclair and her books never disappoint me! I loved this book very much and I highly recommend it.
on 19 May 2014
Once again I am captivated by Ms Sinclair's writing, this is a wonderful story of two people Rebbie and Calla whose lives are destined to be together. Betrothed to Calla's cousin by his father, Rebbie adamantly refuses to marry the brat, he then spies a woman from the past, whom he'd fell for after just one night. Even though Calla is dishonest with Rebbie through fear, she soon learns that he is trustworthy and honourable despite his rougish past, he comes to her rescue not once but five times, and the love she felt for him that one night grows, but can love blossom for the both of them with obstacles in the way. Read this book and find out, you won't be disappointed.
In Vonda Sinclair's Highland Adventure series, men are gentle, kind and gorgeous. Robert "Rebbie" MacInnis, the Earl of Rebbinglen is no exception. He loves to wander the country, he likes the ladies, he is a very loyal friend but doesn't want to settle down with a wife. However, he is haunted by his one night's encounter at a country inn with a beautiful lady 7 years ago. He was going upstairs to his room, slightly soused, when the lovely young lady placed her hand upon his and thus this story was born.

Background: Lady Calla Ferguson, at age 18 and married for two years to the Earl of Stanbury desperately needs to become pregnant. When her cruel husband told her she had one month to become pregnant or she might go flying out the window, she was terrified. When he informed his servants that she was unstable and might fling herself out the window, she feared he was setting her up for an "accidental" death. When Calla's maid suggests that Stanbury may not be capable of getting Calla pregnant and that Stanbury may have killed his two former wives, Calla's worst fears are confirmed. Her maid goes on to suggest that Calla find herself a virile young man to have relations with and hopefully she will become pregnant and have a babe.

When Stanbury takes Calla with him on one of his gambling sprees and leaves her alone at the inn where they are spending the night, Calla decides to do the unthinkable and seek out a young man for her needs. She decides upon the handsome, dark haired Rebbie who is drinking with one of his friends in the public parlor of the inn.

Seven years go by, Stanbury has died leaving Calla and his heir, Jamie, penniless. Calla has taken a job as a companion to her cousin and Jamie is living with relatives. Calla's small wages go toward paying off Stanbury's gambling debts to a man named Claybourne, but the amount due is 50,000 pounds. The truth of the matter is that Claybourne would much rather have Calla and that is his primary goal.

At a house party at Draughon, home of Lachlan and Angelique (from "My Wild Highlander"), things begin to come to a head. Although Rebbie and Calla spent one night together 7 years previously, neither of them knew each other's names. When Rebbie shows up at the house party, Calla realizes she has a huge problem. When Rebbie recognizes Calla, he is more than interested in pursuing a further relationship with this lady who has haunted his dreams for the past few years.

When Rebbie finds out his father has betrothed him to Calla's cousin, the fat is in the fire. Circumstances contrive to throw Rebbie and Calla together until they find themselves on the run from Claybourne and have no choice but to hide out at one of Rebbie's estates until he can figure out how to keep Calla safe. Of course, Rebbie doesn't realize that Jamie is his son. Calla is terrifed to tell him lest she make him angry and wants her son to be able to keep Stanbury's title and so on and so forth. What will Rebbie do when he finds out about Calla's deception?

Sweet story, but for me, there was too much emphasis on sexual details and the constant thoughts of sexuality from Rebbie's POV. The books that I have read in this series have similar storylines but I did like the sweet steadfast Rebbie.
on 8 October 2015
I spent my week vacation relaxing and reading Vonda Sinclair’s entire Highland Adventure series :) I love how she writes her characters – she is able to weave depth, emotion, love, and despair masterfully throughout her books. She can also set up a great scene – I almost feel like I’m in Scotland, right in the middle of all the action.

Vonda’s books start out with action, and that easily draws me in. Sometimes when starting a new book, I am bored in the beginning, but this is definitely not the case with this author! If you’re on the fence about whether or not to read this book, go ahead and take a chance – you won’t regret it :)
on 3 June 2014
Had read the full series and Rebbie appeared in each book and I eagerly awaited the book on his story. Although I enjoyed it, I as disappointed. Hard to say why, but I guess I expected much more from his story. I found the plot a bit bland, not like the character. It needed more drama, twists and intrigue. You found out too early what was going to happen and then it just plodded along.
on 22 November 2014
This last in the highland adventure book had me just as enthralled as the first...loved the way each adventure merged into the next.... And I've fallen in love with each and every highland warrior.... I look forward to more fro Ms Vonda Sinclair
on 19 July 2014
A great read feel in love with rebbie and calla a wonderful romantic story action packed. If you like a true romance with a sinister plot boiling in the back ground and a highlander to die for read this kept me gripped from the start.
on 26 May 2014
I really enjoyed reading this storey, it was so lovely to see Rebbie fall in love with Calla. I read it all in one sitting, I could not put it down, I shall re-read it again soon. Just WONDERFUL.
on 9 January 2015
I'm gutted its the last in the series! I love the characters, the story and the history. I'm sure it could continue with Rebbies sisters or Elena???
on 21 June 2014
My rating reflects my opinon of the book. It is captivating from start to finish. I truly love the Highlander books.