A fun story where the by-standers are forced to become the heroes. I did like the way the characters after initially taking on the stereotypes of the 1/2 Orc barbarian, Gnome rogue etc., were forced to change to better suit their skills and personalities.

Published 11 months ago by MR ALISTAIR WALLER

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
The book itself was well written and the plot idea a good one. However, it did occasionally feel amateurish and the plot was more about the main 4 protagonists just getting on with things rather than the game world and real world interacting.
Published 7 months ago by Øhai Itzme

4.0 out of 5 stars A different take on the 'Gamers transferred to their RPG world', 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)

In the 'adventurers' I recognised several of the gamer types having, unfortunately, played with some of them over the years.

An enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light read., 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
I read this book while on holiday and it was just what I needed. A good light read to while away some time.
The book was funny and easy to get into, there isn't a whole lot in character development or plot twists, but the whole book is kind of a twist on a theme anyway.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 April 2015
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
As a DM of many years I know the struggle of NPCs very well. These unsung heroes get the Player characters to their destination with little or no thanks. They are usually just faceless background characters but this story changes all that!

Don't believe me?
Just down that path,is a village with a tavern, meet me there and observe the locals and how they interact with the brave adventurers who have just turned up...... *Sound of d20 rolling*

4.0 out of 5 stars with great character development, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
A very solid and well told story, with great character development. I'm not a big role playing gamer, but even I understood all the references and found myself really getting behind the protagonists. The pace of the story is perfect. I recommend it as a good, quick and entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... happens to all the little people that have to love with the consequences of PC's actions, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
NPC's is a fresh look at the RPG settings in which we play and raises the question of what happens to all the little people that have to love with the consequences of PC's actions, and Im sure all of us have met players like them. Top book looking forward to more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 19 Sept. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars A good fun story, 12 April 2015
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
A good fun story, but not enough focus on the fact that the main characters are NPC's, which after all was the point of the story? After an intial few references it reads like standard fantasy fare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, More Please!, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
Short, sweet, and utterly hysterical. I loved the characters, I loved the setting, I loved the story - I could go on and on in trifecta of praise for hours. Dearly hope there's a sequel in the works.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice, fun light-hearted summer read, 17 July 2014
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
It's a nice, fun light-hearted summer read.

Gets in, get's it's jokes done and gets out before becoming boring. i wish more authors woudl do this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it. As a gamer myself I saw the ..., 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: NPCs (Kindle Edition)
I loved it. As a gamer myself I saw the merging of the real and gaming world as a brilliant touch. I hope there is a sequel coming up :)

NPCs