4.0 out of 5 stars read over and over
read this about 3 times now good read if fan of the radio show referance you'll remember from that fun
Published 5 months ago by alex mcdermott

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Gift
I bought this as a last minute christmas gift for my husband, thinking that the book would be witty and clever! I admit that I don't listen to Radio One so perhaps I should have known better.

Published on 13 Jan 2008 by Goughy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Gift, 13 Jan 2008
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)

My husband received the book well on christmas morning and was looking forward to commencing his read later on that evening. As planned, he sat with his book and proceeded to digest the first few pages. I asked how it was and he answered "it's ok".

When we went to bed I took the book upstairs so that I myself could have a sneaky read. Well, I have never been so disappointed with a book before! The style of writing was childish and unimaginative with very basic sentences and turned potentially exciting stories into dull and boring tales. It turned out that my husband agreed but didn't initially want to hurt my feelings.

I would say that whoever you are, you should not write a book if you don't have the skills to do so. Perhaps Chris should have had a ghost writer after all?

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very poor, 26 Jan 2008
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
Idiotic, uninformed, arrogant, obnoxious - it's a wonder that a man who's written a book as bad as this could have reached as far as Chris Moyles has done. But that's how it goes. Just because he can talk the talk doesn't mean to say he can write....!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absloute rubbish, 20 Nov 2007
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
This really is appalling garbage. For my sins I used to work in publishing and wasted much of my life reading atrocious bilge. This takes the biscuit. Shame on all involved.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chris Moyles: Review, 10 Nov 2007
A. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
To be blunt, this book is a writhing mass of self indulgent twoddle. 'Nuff said.

4.0 out of 5 stars read over and over, 4 Mar 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Good God!, 24 Jan 2008
Mr. D. J. Read (Alnwick, Northumberland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
Thin, obnoxious book by a fat obnoxious man. This bloated mess seems to only have a lust for attention and money, and will do anything to get it. Whoever published this tripe should hang their heads in shame, that they would pay someone for the rights to print this. I mean, he confesses himself he put no thought or effort into 'writing' (should read, narrating to someone else), so why should be spend our time and money reading this.

Truly, reading really should be educational, or entertaining, or artistic. This is none of those three, and should never have seen the light of day. It pains me to think of genuine authors, who cannot be published because the market is saturated with this junk.

And it is you, reader, who is responsible, for actually buying this! I can only imagine this sort of guff will appeal to those of 'below average intelligence', like the man himself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic rubbish from a pathetic man..., 17 Mar 2009
Mr. D. Garbutt "essgarbutt" (London) - See all my reviews
Nothing this man says out loud is of any value, entertainment or otherwise, at all; the same applies, only 100 times more so, to his "writing". This book encompasses two incredible achievements; firstly, it actually makes him out to be more revolting than before (a feat previously thought impossible), and secondly, it manages to be worse than his first book. Truly extraordinary.

5.0 out of 5 stars You either love him or hate him, 4 Oct 2007
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
and if, like me, you are one of the 8 million people who listen to the show every day you probably love him and you'll love this book. I especially like the bit about how Carry On can't exist in Eastenders and the story of his mate who will go anywhere for a pint (I think it's Mitch the voice over man from Live and Kicking!). It reads just the way he talks on the radio, fun and opinionated but he knows how to take the piss out of himself too. I really enjoyed the book and having read it think he'd be great to have a few drinks down the pub with!

4.0 out of 5 stars It might have been difficult to write..., 4 Oct 2007
Km Sadler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
But this was really easy to read. I really disagree with the previous reviewers on this one. YES, the type is big. NO, it is not Ulysses or Shakespeare, but frankly if you are expecting that from a Chris Moyles book, you have bigger problems than not liking the book! I thought this was really funny and gave more of an insight into Chris's life and what he is really like than the first book. Definitely would recommend to anyone who is a fan of Chris.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Amazon stop people reviewing before release, 24 Sep 2007
This review is from: Difficult Second Book (Hardcover)
Please read the book before reviewing based on your prejudices against someone who clearly polarises opinion, but enjoys a listenership numbering over 7 million.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›