4.0 out of 5 stars Worries Of An Antfan
The film was an interesting ride for me. I love Adam Ant old and new. I follow up on whatever interviews I can, whatever gigs are posted live on the net; I try to be a determined fan, but this movie for me really seemed... different than the Adam Ant that I get to see continuously in the media.

The film took a pretty egotistical, uneasy tone. It seemed as if it...
Published 5 months ago by Emelia

3.0 out of 5 stars almost great
Almost great.... wonderful choices of live songs featured, love that his fall off stage was put in, but what the fans REALLY want is more interviews and more info about the making of his comeback not just shenanigans with people he parties with...utterly absorbing, but that's adam, not the film....
Published 5 months ago by lee way

5.0 out of 5 stars Great documentary, 9 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this documentary , I don't think you really need to buy it in blu ray though. I would recommend it to Adam fans of today , as It follows his comeback as such . It's the type of documentary you can watch again and again. , would have been great to see more concert footage but you can't have everything . It's one of my favourite music documentaries at the mo and I've been collecting them for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ant musings for a future age, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
A fascinating insight into one of the great characters of 20th century music and his return to performing, showing the determination and creative genius that mark his career. 'Behind the scenes' documentary that is candid and often captures Adam's humour.

1.0 out of 5 stars THEB LOO BLOCK WHO'SARSE? A Cack Conned filler, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
My Blu ray arrived from EBay today and I've put it back on sale today. Best bit is an extra, John Robb interviewing Jack Bond. I have to say I still don't get it and to think that I was such a huge fan for many years. The documentary on the Best of Adam & The Ants is a lot more interesting than this, the channel 4 documentary The Madness of Prince Charming is also so much better. I'm surprised John Robb could keep a straight face when he was performing to Shrink in the kitchen with the girl in the back trying to copy his moves like 2 year old copying it's older siblings moves. It's a very cringe worthy movie which sometimes portrays Adam as bit of bad tempered buffoon, then sometimes an intelligent guy, a mad genius of sorts. The awkwardness of it all is the reason why you'd feel compelled to watching it till the end. However once viewed you'll never feel the need to watch it again. No mention of the release on his web site kind of says it all. Still ithis film gave Jack Bond something to do I suppose.
Oh but he's so cute isn't he? OK he made some amazing recordings, so let's hang on to what we got right? Sadly the 80s music scene is the last era where the last of the great entertainers and icons emerged from. Adam is most certainly one of them and is good reason to re live the past, however the past is much better than this present form and therefore I'm selling my blu ray on eBay for £10. Adam Ant in his 80s prime is the memory worth revisiting time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for any Ant Fan, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic and must have for ant Ant Fan like myself. Audio is a bit low when they are speaking, music parts are ok. Great Documentary

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hero!, 8 Oct 2014
L. E. Cooper "Lindsey" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
I love this Man with all my heart! This DVD gives a small insight into his world! He is a gorgeous, complicated genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just glad I was there, 24 Oct 2014
P Barker (Not so Great Britain) - See all my reviews
Legend!!!!!, Was hoping to see bits of the hammersmith Gig on here but alas it isn't. Just glad I was there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 13 Oct 2014
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
A very good fly on the wall type DVD showing Adam getting back where he belongs,
At the top

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this , Adam as himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] (DVD)
As described, fast delivery, thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cringe making and sad, 30 July 2014
Truly awful to watch,if you are a true fan remember him as he was...this film is exploitative and nasty,it's going in the bin.

Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD]
Adam Ant: The Blueblack Hussar [DVD] by Jack Bond (DVD - 2014)