5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, engaging and beautifully realised.
App icons can tell you a lot. Not only do they tell you how much thought has gone into both the design and presentation but they can also give hints as the the quality of the app too.

Published 7 months ago by Frattonlad

3.0 out of 5 stars plllease add more levels
Lovely looking and some interesting layouts for the puzzled. At only 10 fairly short levels however I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have free amazon coins. Really hope more Levels are added later on.
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, engaging and beautifully realised., 21 Oct. 2014
Frattonlad (Portsmouth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)

This exquisitely engaging game is a joy from start to the all-too-soon finish. As others note, it is short but the simple beauty of the visuals and the thought-provoking gameplay mean this well worth the money. I have a bunch of free, freemium and several paid-for apps which have not engrossed me quite as much as this game.

From start to finish it last about 3 hours. Not a lot I can hear you saying but for the cost it offers pound for pound more punch than a trip to the cinema and is certainly longer lasting than the last pint of beer I bought!

The idea is to guide the princess though a series of Escher-inspired landscapes. The Escher reference alone should be enough to make you download but if it doesn't let me add that the muted colours look wonderful, the uncomplicated screen layout and the oh-so-wasy to learn game controls (hint: tap where you want the princess to go, that's it) mean this is immediately accessible.

I was gripped from the first level (or chapter as it is called in the game) and I think you will be too. It made me smile several times as I unravelled the puzzles and I have not had that experience on a mobile game since The Room.

Go get it. Now. Go on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trippy, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
I love this game, it's stylish, soothing,thought provoking and creative. I've not played anything close to it before and it comes as a refreshing change to previous downloads I've made. The designers are some smart people to think on so many levels and in so many dimensions all at once. Sadly it is tooo short by far but that just leaves me wanting more, by design I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
I got this after watching one of my favourite youtubers played it and fell in love with it. The whole design of the game is brilliant and I think it's awesome how they get you to look at the level or part of the level from different perspectives. However I think that it was very short and I hope they bring out more levels in the future. Overall, if you want to get a game that gives you 10 really good levels and would play the game again then you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous, 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
By far the most beautiful and sublime game ever to grace any computer, laptop, phone or tablet!

'Monument Valley' combines stunning M. C. Escher-esque visuals with beautiful ambient music in the style of Brian Eno creating a gaming experience which is both relaxing and challenging.

A picture paints a thousand words and words can hardly describe the journey on which you take the silent Princess Ida. It's a journey you should experience with her - it'll be worthwhile and satisfying to the end. I only hope the the superb team of developers will present us with more of the same in quality and gaming experience.

Meanwhile buy this app and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO very perfect!!!, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
THIS GAME IS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not really a person, who pays for any game, this one, was sold very cheap, the reviews for it was so good, I was very intrigued.
now, all I can say is.... I have to find more from this maker/company, because it is just brilliant, the music, the colours, the puzzles, ( some were easy, some took me a bit longer),but it is just so perfect,you do need to think; short but I hope, I will find another one like this.I could not put it down, I will play it over and over again, it is just a shame it is so short, but my money, well spend...
All I can say is, give it a try, you will be very pleasant surprised

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little game but is it over priced?, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
I have been hesitating about downloading this game because of the price. When I saw that it was the FAOTD, I decided to take the risk. I am so pleased I did. The object is to get Ida through a series of levels by twisting and turning various leavers to create optical illusions. The first time I played the game, I had to use the internet - a lot! The second time I ran through it, I was much faster and I understood what I was doing and why.

Yes it is a comparatively short game for the price but I can see why it's expensive. However, the fact that so many people have downloaded it as the FAOTD should tell the developers something. The graphics are intriguing and it would have taken a long time to develop. The ending is a bit cheesy but that being said there is probably only two choices.

I now see that there is an upgrade of an extra eight levels. Not sure of the details because it appears to have in-app purchasing which is my pet hate. I shall be keeping an eye on this.

So in conclusion, this is a great little game and well worth downloading by probably not at the full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising, 1 Jun. 2014
Anna James (Nailsea, N. Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
Beautiful, alluring and thought provoking. Loved every moment of it. It is an enchanting and visually stimulating piece of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
This game is beautiful. The graphics are stunning and the music is lovely.

You have to think quite a bit but I completed all the levels by trying out different ways to move the shapes (with some help on a wjalkthrough for one level).

It is a very cleverly designed game, with a great ending. I hope there are more levels added because I was disappointed to finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thing of elegant beauty., 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
Let's get this out of the way first. This is not the perfect game. It's a little on the short side and lacks the punch to satisfy many of todays gamers.

That said...

This is a game.of extraordinary grace, attachment and elegance, that is to Android what Ico was to the Playstation 2, a crowning achievement of game as art that is clever, inventive and even capable of pulling emotional strings.

The way you manipulate your environment is extraoridinarily clever and although the difficulty level is not too high, completing each level is extraordinarily satisfying. When I came to the end of the game I was not disappointed by its brevity, but amazed at the minds of the creators in actually creating so much from this premise.

So yes, its short. No, its not a fantastic action game and no, it doesn't deliver quick-fix Candy Crush slices of play. It is, however, a game you'll want to show your friends and you will never look at an Escher picture the same way again.

If the creators are reading this, thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pastel-y, birdy goodness!, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
It was love at first sight for me with this game. It's so simple but complex at the exact same time. The beautiful music and effects complement the game until you find yourself utterly engrossed. Sadly the game is a little short, but I find that I shall return to this place again and again for some pastel-y, birdy, chilled out goodness. Which is certainly better for you that the two chocolate bars it would cost you to buy this wonder.

Monument Valley