5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read
Published 11 months ago by M M MACARTHUR

2.0 out of 5 stars The Marconi Paradigm
Quite a good plot, but abysmal grammar. Also a disappointing ending, I expected better. I will not be buying Anything else from this author
Published 2 months ago by grumpap

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Marconi Paradigm (The Space Between Atoms Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The book is personally one of the best reads I have had in a long time. I was recommended the book by a friend of the author and downloaded it with a touch of cynicism. I was going on holiday and had my usual assortment of books which I would plough through. Therefore I wanted something else on the kindle just in case. My paperbacks were quite hard to read on the windy beach so I resorted to my kindle and the marconi paradigm. In some respects I wish I hadn't as I now I am finished I want to read more into this story. I won't let the cat out of the bag for other down loaders but it does leave you craving more. I have still to
Meet the author but he has certainly captured my attention and the other books which I read on holiday were a poor substitute. This book allowed my imagination to create visual life to the characters and settings by not over describing. I don't know if this was intentional but I found myself in almost every scene as a spectator with the book providing the narrative to the scenes that immersed me. The intention of this review is for me to provide an honest review and I'll punctuate these paragraphs by saying it was an excellent read. My friend is now on holiday and not answering his texts so I can't find out if there is any more by this author. In the meantime I await the continuation of this compelling tale ... Note I use continuation as I favour many more of this book rather than a sequel / conclusion. If you want some stimulating entertainment down load this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Story that Asks the Question - What is Our Place in the Universe?, 17 Aug. 2014
Received an ARC of 'The Marconi Paradigm' from the writer in return for an honest review and have to say, what a gem of a read. Doleman's 'The Marconi Paradigm' is an exciting fusion of diverse ideas bubbling together and melding into a delightfully clever story, that is both inspired and original.The narrative unfolds with great pace, flow and intrigue: it is a page-turner, with a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter, that features an array of interesting characters - from the genetically enhanced 200 years old superhero Cole, to the wickedly malevolent creature Irkella capable of mass mind control, to the tragic A.I. in search of a soul, to the god-like envoys who are super evolved humans - triggered to perfection and completion - through a process of epigenetics.

'The Marconi Paradigm' is set in a post-apocalyptic world that has regressed to a pre-industrial state, where technology is viewed with suspicion and rural living, attuned with nature, is akin to Godliness. Religion has regained its stranglehold on the human populace, but the world is divided. Armies are driven across the lands, waging war in name of Allah or Jesus Christ, but all these bloody massacres in the name of religion are about end. Mankind's fate is hanging in the balance and is about to become embroiled in a bigger war being played out between the inter-dimensional entities of the affinity and exile: good and bad, but with a unique spin.

A story that will get you asking questions and wondering about our place in the universe!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, some new sci-fi with fresh ideas – well done!, 2 Jun. 2014
Bought this because I loved the unusual artwork cover; and was rewarded
by one of those experiences so rare these days: a roller coaster ride of
a book. Could hardly put it down, and can't wait for book 2. It
reminded me of the work of two of my favourite authors: Peter F.
Hamilton and the late Ian M. Banks.
If you are looking for an exciting sci-fi thriller to take on holiday
this summer you could not do much better.
I would not be surprised to see the author's name in Interzone or Locus
in the near future. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate page turner!!!!!!!, 3 Jun. 2014
Such a potentially complex and technologically heavy story surprisingly creates a very colourful backdrop to the fast paced intelligent narrative. I have to say I was blown away by this book, I could not believe how quickly I was able to immerse myself into the story.

The beauty of this book is the realisation that the story must continue and I eagerly await the next impeding sequel.

This is a tremendous opening venture by the author

5.0 out of 5 stars A new literary genius discovered, 28 May 2014
J F Doleman has created an amazing world of complex characters, obviously derived from the darkest recesses of his mind. A modern classic......bring we disciples more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 21 May 2014
Was recommended this book by a friend, not really my usual thing but thoroughly enjoyed it. Great story, strong characters and a real page turner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves you wanting more!, 1 July 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It was simple but complex at the same time. The plot draws you through to the next chapter and leaves you hoping book 2 is not too far away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, 20 Aug. 2014
Yvette Holden "yvette holden" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fast paced, gritty and inspired. Sci-Fi mixed with metaphysics, weaves some original ideas with a sharp plot that keeps you guessing. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic tale. - I'm not the biggest Sci-Fi fan, 13 Nov. 2014
A fantastic tale. - I'm not the biggest Sci-Fi fan, but this kept me ingrossed on a long train journey. Would happily recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Marconi Paradigm, 12 Feb. 2015