on 3 September 2014
This is the best book I never bought - my partner downloaded it to his tablet and it just showed up on my kindle. Finished it, put it down for 5 minutes and started it over again.

The book's a goddam page-turner. Since I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at Joey Lott's tragicomic scumbag stories, I chose to laugh. (I use the word scumbag with much affection). God knows, I've got enough stories of my own (haven't we all?).

I can relate to Joey Lott's predicaments, and his descriptions of his search for enlightenment. And I love his openness in sharing the good, bad and ugly. I feel this book has opened the door wide for me. There's hope! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
on 7 June 2014
I found this a very good read - especially the author's descriptions of how he got hooked on many extreme health and spiritual approaches before seeing through the illusion of separation. His story illustrates brilliantly the human tendency to hide from our fears and inner pain through seeking something out there, or in the future. The author is writing from the perspective of neo-advaita (which is usually too dismissive of any ideas of spiritual progress, a journey, or evolution for my liking) and he tends to say that nothing matters over and over again (which may be so at the absolute level to which he is pointing but is a long way from people's relative experience). But I found his straightforward style very engaging. Whilst virtually all he says is in line with what you would find in any book on non-duality, he expresses it in a very fresh and direct way. His challenge to find any "findable boundary" between the idea of oneself and anything "out there" is useful, as is his emphasis on feeling what is beyond thinking and conceptualisation, even if the feeling is fear or something else the mind might label negative. In Joey's words what we are is "the endless capacity to welcome it all." Well worth reading.
on 10 July 2014
Brill. I re-read the last few pages now & again for sanity so the title is usually in the top 3 on my kindle home page. Joey Lott cuts gently through the hippopottamus pancakes that life sometimes serves up and makes me smile...Thank you
on 6 August 2014
This could have been a good book on non duality but the repetitve style, the lack of clarity and some poor life style choices by the writers makes me doubt its overall value. The writer prides himself on never changing his underpants for weeks ! His belief of welcoming everything the core throughout is fine until pain comes into play. No one welcomes pain. . He repeats every chapter with a story from his past and the same welcoming everything finish. One chapter would have been enough. He falls into the trap of duality so that in the end leaves us with a set of new beliefs. Had it been better written it would have been a decent book and not a throwaway.
on 11 June 2014
For me non duality is a secure guide to spiritual growth. But many teachings can leave you confused, as it is a difficult thing to point to as its turning everything you thought you knew about life on its head. This book however offers stripped down simplicity at its best, endeavouring to help the reader really experience this for themselves.
on 8 September 2014
I am enjoying spending time with joey. He has stopped me wasting time on all that spiritual "stuff" I did. Thanks
on 21 February 2015
Really enjoyed this book keep up the reminders like stop and notice this now , they help I think , cheers
on 9 August 2014
Very clear read
on 6 June 2014
I purchased it today. I like the book. Only other thing I can say about this book is that 'it is'
on 9 June 2014
I think the author is basically thinking aloud as he is writing his personal diary. He comes across as someone who is very confused, angry, disillusioned. For me there is nothing whatsoever helpful in this book. He just rambles on rather confused and aggressively at times. Eckhart Tolle inexplicably gets both barrels as he wrongly accuses him of all manner of imaginary wrongdoing. This book is best avoided in my opinion.