5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal
5 games (if you use the mario kart code in time to cliam the downloadable game) and 2 Wiimote+ majke this the best deal for a wii u in my opinion. You can use a usb stick to expand the storage and I prefer white consoles over black ones. Overall I am happy with this bundle for 240
Published 1 month ago by David L. Page

1.0 out of 5 stars They sent me a faulty console, that cannot read game discs.
Published 1 month ago by ping gao

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, 23 Jun 2014
David L. Page (2km from my house) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wii U Basic Just Dance, Wii Party & Mario Kart 8 Pack (Console)

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab this package before it's too late., 24 July 2014
This is an incredible package with great value indeed. A family member bought this for our kids so I thought that I should add a few comments even though I didn't order it myself through my account.

Most of the reviews here are spot on in describing what you get. The fact that you get 2 Wii motes that cost approx 34 each in the package is wonderful. Plus registering the Mario Kart 8 game code gets you a free game if done before July 31st 2014. Super Mario Bros U for example cost approx 40 at retail. Here is a list of games that you could pick a code for.

As someone already pointed out, there is not much benefit in getting the premium over this package unless you want the black version as the game downloads will fill up the 32gb drive very quickly as well.

Here's a link to show you how to claim and also the download sizes.

Another point I'd like to make is that even though Wii u games are expensive, you are not forced to have to cough up more in dlc buying maps and tracks etc every 4 months or buying season passes. Probably why Activision and EA shy away from this console. This is Nintendo after all and they pack their games with massive amounts of content. Take Mario Kart 8 for example which has 32 tracks and 30 characters.

Also Nintendo don't charge for online multiplayer either and most Wii games and accessories work on the Wii U which is fantastic.

I have yet to purchase the next gen consoles as I don't feel that they offer anything new yet. We have gaming pc's and this Wii U console makes a great combination. It brings the family together for gaming and nostalgia just like back in the late 80's and early 90's by offering great local multiplayer without being forced to be 'always online' and is much safer that way.

This bundle is the best choice for the price in my opinion. Hope to have helped.:)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best deal you'll find for a new Wii U console, 17 July 2014
This is the best deal you're gonna find on any site for a new Wii U console with games.

239.99 for the 8GB console, 3 of the best-selling games and NintendoLand is daylight robbery (us robbing them)!
In fact, with your copy of Mario Kart 8, if you register it with Club Nintendo before the end of July (google "Club Nintendo Mario Kart 8 promotion"), you can get yourself a free download of another best-selling Wii U game (I chose New Super Mario Bros U).

The graphics and speed of the console are a phenomenal step up from the last system, and the multiplayer features of all the games make them really enjoyable. I was worried the GamePad would be a massive gimmick too, but it's really not - it's a magnificent addition and you'll really enjoy getting to grips with it. Couldn't recommend this deal more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 15 July 2014
MikeH (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
If you decide you want a Wii U then this is amazing value. In the box you get
- Mario Kart 8
- Just Dance 2014 (*)
- Wii Party U (*)
- Nintendo Land (*)
- Two wii remotes (*)
- Sensor bar
- Wii U
- HDMI cable
plus a free game to download because you bought Mario Kart

So you actually get quite a lot that was not included in the original basic pack and the only differences from the standard Mario Kart premium bundle are that you get a white console instead of a black one, there is no stand for the console, no stand / posh charger for the controller and the internal memory is 8GB rather than 32GB. You also get all the (*) items in addition to the original basic pack.

Given that each disc can potentially hold 25GB then the 32GB you get with the premium is still not going to be enough and you are going to end up buying external storage anyway then this no longer becomes an issue leaving just the stands and charger that you are missing but you get a load more stuff.

Even if you don't want the extra items you can get about 45 trade in for some of a few of the games and the remotes which will pay for a decent game.

A console is only ever as good as the games and the games here are good (Mario Kart excellent) so the games are reviewed separately but the console has so far been better than expected and the games are great,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle for the price, 6 July 2014
Great bundle for the price. In the box you'll find:
- 8gb console and the gamepad;
- 2 WiiMotes;
- Sensor Bar;
- 4 physical disc retail games + Mario Kart 8 free game deal.

8gb is definitely not enough - it is impossible to download the free game on a console. However I have attached 32gb USB to my Wii U which was enough to download Pikmin 3, some demos and I still have more than enough space left. Downloaded software works great; the console reads it really fast from the USB stick. If you have a spare USB stick or portable hard drive go for 8gb version (although I've got to say. black console looks much better!)

Just Dance and Wii Party U are rather average games but if you don't own WiiMotes from the Wii Console it is a great bundle to get started with WIi U! I'm loving the console so far and would highly recommend it to anyway still thinking

1.0 out of 5 stars They sent me a faulty console, that cannot read game discs., 16 Jun 2014
I paid for my item and when it arrived, I set everything up and updated everything. The package I bought CAME WITH 4 games, so I knew for a fact that these 4 games should be genuine and in working conditions. When I tried to play these games, the console failed to read all of them. It would pop up with a message saying 'Invalid disc.' Upon calling the Nintendo customer service and them walking through everything with me (and making sure I had all the settings and updates 100% correct), the customer service guy said he was certain the console was faulty.

I've arranged for a replacement already, but it's highly annoying that the company is still selling faulty consoles after the console's been out for a while already.

Wii U Basic Just Dance, Wii Party & Mario Kart 8 Pack