5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully written fragile.
waited a while for some new solo material from midge and this cd doesn't dissapoint from start to finish each track is beautiful.midge fans will love this and newcomers should take a listen i am sure you will enjoy,well done midge on a superb album 10/10.
Published 3 months ago by bridge

3.0 out of 5 stars but I only like tracks 4
Just listened to the new album... but I only like tracks 4,6 and 7. Track 4 (Become) stands out as the single and inspired by a Visage album track on The Anvil called "Look What They've Done To Me" - very 80's! Track 6 (Wire And Wood" was an instrumental with so many layers that I need to listen to that one again with my eyes closed and headphones on... Track...
Published 1 month ago by Antony

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully written fragile., 7 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A work of great beauty, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
I have to say that I approached this album with some trepidation as I am not a great fan of Midge's earlier work or of overly electronic music. However, I found that I was drawn in, slowly and masterfully at first, then completely engulfed in the sheer beauty of these soaring, uplifting songs. Great use of strings and other orchestrations in places and a fine, fine voice. This is some achievement and he deserves great recognition for this work. My album of the year so far and I buy around two hundred albums a year. Just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars This new solo album from Midge is simply awesome and is a very mature and personal look at ..., 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
This new solo album from Midge is simply awesome and is a very mature and personal look at his life over the last few years. Although the tracks, apart from the brilliant Become, are of a slower tempo than previous solo offerings you find yourself listening to the orchestration and composition of the songs more closely. Wire And Wood is a prime example which is simply a stunning piece of music. I have been an avid fan of Midge and Ultravox for over 30 years and this in my opinion is the best of his solo pieces. Midge is vastly underrated as a solo performer and deserves every success. The plus sign for me is that he has gone back to his electronic roots on this album which is where I think his best work lies. Dark, Dark Night, Are We Connected and Let It Rise are further examples of this. All in all a superb piece of work. Go and buy it !! Also see Midge live when you can, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet., 8 July 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
This Is Midge at his best. This album was worth waiting for. The music and lyrics uplift the soul. The songs are so intense that you want to keep listening again and again. Even people not familiar with Midge's music cannot fail to be moved by this newest offering from a true master.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fragile in title but strong in quality !, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
The album contains beautiful seemingly heartfelt lyrics put to great music.

Midge Ure's voice is as timeless & perfect as ever. The music sings to you in its own independent right.

Fragile may have been some time in the making but it's crafted to perfection & was well worth the wait.

The album shows a great deal of maturity & years of experience from a musical master.

Whether an existing fan or someone new to Midges music this album will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Things Are Worth Waiting For!!, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
After the triumphant return of Ultravox with the fantastic Brilliant Midge returns with a new long awaited solo offering. I have to say Fragile has exceeded all of my expectation's and without doubt is Midge's finest solo release ever. Every track is quality but special mentions must go to tracks such as the very Ultravoxy, Are We Connected, the different but wonderful Star crossed and the first single from the album the truly fantastic Become, an absolute belter of a track and probably the best single release Midge has made. However the track that steals the show is the haunting and amazing Dark dark night, in my opinion this is Midge Ure's finest solo moment, a truly stunning track! If I had any criticisms it would be the lack of upbeat tracks which I would rather have had on there instead of the Instrumentals, and as has been mentioned already in another review the vocals are a bit whispery at times, Midge's voice is best when he is giving it everything. Tbh this is just nit picking and my own personal preferences, not real criticism. I deliberately waited to review this album as I didn't want to do an instant fanboy writeup and a month on from first listening to it I love it more than I did at the outset. Buy it, give it a chance and you will see this is long lasting masterpiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Vintage Wine!!..Gets Better And Better With Age!!, 8 July 2014
Mr. P. Keighley "bonerra10" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
First Of All, I Would Like To Personally Thank You Midge, For Giving me back My Faith In True, Proper Music, The Buzz Of Anticipation Of Receiving A Truly Sensational New Album, 10 Immense, Beautifully Crafted Songs, I Am A Very Long Time Midge/Ultravox/ Fan...And On "Fragile" You Definatly Hear Moments Of These periods! I Have Been Constantly Playing This Album From Track 1 To 10 On a loop Since I Got it. And EVERY TIME I Feel SO Uplifted And Calmed etc!!

"I Survived" Kicks Things Off...A Story of A Time In Midge"s Life When He Felt Vulnerable, And The Lyrics Say it All, With An Uplifting Feel, " Are We Connected" To me Definatly has An "Ultravox" Feel About it!! Maybe A Cutter From The "Brilliant" Album By Ultravox 2 Years ago! Track 3 "Let it Rise" Actually Has a Similar Feel !! Perhaps An Influence From the Re-union Back in 2010! "Become" Is The First Single From The Album Which Radio 2 Have On their Playlist Currently ( Well Done Radio 2! ) It Is For me The 1 Track That Veers abit Towards Midge"s Time With Visage, With a Distinctive Melodic "Nudge " Towards That Visage sound!
Track 5.."Star Crossed" Is a GEM of A Song....This Is Currently My Joint Favourite Song! ( Although!! Because of The Exceptionally Strong Tunes Of The Product..This Alters Each day!!) The Production Throughout This Album Is Grand and Spell Binding, Then We Come Onto "Wire And Wood".....Track 6.....And What Can I Say?? .....It Is an Instrumental, It Is Jaw Dropping........For me, The BEST Instrumental I Have Heard In MANY Years.......On First Listen..I Had Tears Dropping From my Eyes..."Wire and Wood" Takes you To Places You Feel like Going To, In My Case, It Was To the Day I Lost my Dad last Year...Just a Personal Moment I Guess!! However! It Is What you Want it To be........I Think It Is Midge"s Greatest Instrumental Piece , And Should be In a Film As Backing Music.
"Dark.Dark Knight" Is A Collaboration With Moby........So!! Not Just 1 Musical Genius!! But 2!!......And It Pays off......Moby With His Distinctive Keyboard Style And Midge on Guitar.......It is PERFECT! And A Fabulous Song To Boot!! " For All You Know" Is a Song I Totally Adore, It"s Textures..Beauty, And Production, It is Sublime In Its Being,
"Bridges" Is The Other Instrumental On The Album, And Though It Doesn"t have the Show stopping Feel of Wire and Wood, It Is Still An Excellent Catchy Piece Of music .....The Finale Is The Title Track!! And This Has To be One Of Midge"s Finest Moments, Generated Through His Musical "Nouse" Experiences And Generally, "Fragile" Starts Pretty Quietly Really!!......But It Is Not Very long Before You Hear and Feel It Building Into This Anthemic Almost "Ultravoxy" Grandious Piece!!.....The Last 3/4 Minutes Really DO Take your Breathe Away......Basically Telling you To Start Listening to The Album All Over Again!!

For Me...This Is Definatly Midge Ure"s BEST Solo Album........By Some Distance! He Just Get"s Better And better With Age!!!....... This Album IS a "MUST BUY" If You Do Not Believe me!....Read The Other Reviews!!...My Favourite Album Of 2014 By a Country Mile .

5.0 out of 5 stars CD OPENING INSTRUCTIONS...PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE...MASTERWORK INSIDE!, 28 Aug 2014
G. S. Perry (Gosport, Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
At long, long last...an instant classic solo album by the Ultravox frontman!
Not since 1985's "The Gift" has there been a Midge opus that truly reflects this man's talents and influences (and they span from 70's pop...across 80's electronica...to today's stripped-down approach).
Well here it is in all its glory...I give you (well Mr Ure does actually!) "Fragile"...a 10-track collection of such delicacy and delight that you know this work must have been produced by some kind of musical genius!
Midge is certainy that...an excellent singer who delivers this immaculately conceived album with his usual aplomb...majestically wields his electric guitar when absolutely necessary...and wraps the whole thing up in a safety blanket of swirly synths and filmic orchestral touches here and there.
Stand out songs for me are the (autobiographical?) "I Survived", "Let It Rise" (which could easily have fitted on Ultravox's "Brilliant"), the imaginative instrumental "Wire & Wood" and the wonderful "For All You Know" (a single if ever there was one as us oldies used to say!)
I just can't stop playing this...that's a good sign of an albums quality now isn't it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Would give 6 stars if I could..., 24 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
a long, long wait but definitely worth it. highlights are the title track and star crossed. the album harks back to the set up of the gift with its mixture of vocals and instrumentals. for anyone who wants a solid easy to listen album in order to relax to this is it. don't expect Ultravox as that is far more "rock pop". the sad thing is this album will not be heard by the masses and that is the ultimate shame. from a man who was to eighties pop what Gary Barlow is to now, Midge deserves so much credit as a leading light to what musicians can be and achieve. the music press seem to hate acts who can achieve success on there own and don't need the press to be stars (puppets). have been a fan of both Ultravox and Midge since 1984 and i'm still amazed that they still receive such negative press when so many other acts have clearly been influenced by them. i hope there are many more albums to come...

5.0 out of 5 stars Some lovely songs from Midge and some terrific mixing. If you love Ultravox/Midge Ure then you're ..., 28 July 2014
This review is from: Fragile (Audio CD)
Some lovely songs from Midge and some terrific mixing. If you love Ultravox/Midge Ure then you're in for a treat with this.

Fragile
Fragile by Midge Ure (Audio CD - 2014)