4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth trying!
Published on 29 Sept. 2009 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars "Buttocks like fighting squirrels!"
These trainers were highly recommended by colleagues at work - many people who are on their feet all day were recommending Sketchers or MBTs and other so-called anti-shoes. A ringing endorsement came from one man who claimed that since wearing his trainers, he had "buttocks like fighting squirrels".

Having worn them for about four weeks, I have not yet...
Published on 18 Feb. 2010 by dr_sasp

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth trying!, 29 Sept. 2009
I was a bit apprehensive buying these online as I hadnt seen them in the shops. Wanted a pair of MBTs but without the price tag - these were more within my budget. Overall they are much nicer to look at than the Ugly MBTs, infact I would nearly go so far as to say they're actually quite trendy looking! I cant say if they are as good as I dont own the MBTs but when you walk you can certainly feel your calves and thighs responding. It says to build up your walking time gradually and I would agree - after barely 10mins I could start to feel the burn. Not sure if they do all they promise, but they certainly help. I have tendonitis in my ankles and do find them to be a great support and very comfortable. My one fault so far, and Im not really sure its a fault of the shoe, is that I find that unless I concentrate on the heel-toe way they tell you to walk, my feet tend to slide into the inside of the trainer and I have to stop and centre them again. They are a good purchase I wear mine all the time now but it is important to build up your wearing time. I got them in navy and white and they really are lovely, I would definitely recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars nicer than MBT's, 17 Oct. 2009
P. Webb "patsyw" (london) - See all my reviews
i purchased these Skechers as an alternative to MBT. I had already had MBT's and did not get on with them at all. A friend had the Skechers and was very pleased with them. So i had purchased them and was pleasantly surprised. They are easy to walk in,compared with the MBT and not so cumbersome. I also used them on the treadmill when i forgot my trainers and they were fine.All i can say they are worth the money you can definetly feel your posture change when worn.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Buttocks like fighting squirrels!", 18 Feb. 2010
dr_sasp (England, UK) - See all my reviews

Having worn them for about four weeks, I have not yet replicated this finding. After my first half hour walk, my calves felt tight as though I had been exercising. Tolerance quickly builds up and at the end of the day my feet ache less and my legs feel better than they would after standing and walking around in standard trainers.

Sadly, one shoe has already ripped along the detailing (after no undue abuse). Having spent £90 on what is, after all, an expensive pair of popular, over-engineered trainers, I am most disappointed. I am hoping that a replacement pair will be forthcoming and better made.

5.0 out of 5 stars skechers women's shape-ups strength trainer, 29 April 2010
These are great shoes and my second pair of shape ups. The first was the Skechers Women's Shape-Ups Sleek Fit Trainer and they are easier to adjust to and much more comfortable however I am thrilled I also got the trainer version. These are a generous sizing i.e., if you are a size 5 get it they will fit and I am a 5.5 shoe and these are perfect. You really don't realise you are giving your legs a workout until you wear them regularly and walk often. I walked 4 miles today (instead of taking the bus!) and I felt I got a great workout. They seem expensive at about £70 each but I literally no longer wear anything else but my 2 pairs of skechers. I don't go to the gym so it's cheaper than a membership and you can feel your butt getting "higher" is the only way I can describe it but firmer and your legs definitely feel they are working. Plus they are high up so you get a nice gain in height and better posture. They are cute too the two tone sole makes them look less like medical shoes and more like cute trainers. I can't recommend this brand enough esp if you want to lose a bit of weight. Imagine what I could achieve if I actually exercised!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trainer, 17 April 2012
These trainers are the most comfortable I've ever worn. They do what they say on the box when you first start wearing them you can really feel your muscles working. My advice would be to buy half a size smaller than usual as they tend to be on the large side. Great value would definately buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what they say, 8 Nov. 2014
A. Williams "Barry Fan" (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have very wide feet and recently had an operation which made my ankles and legs stiff, the muscles have not come back. I thought these would be a good idea to try to get them back, I have had real difficulty getting them on not really very wide, I would say slightly wider than an average trainer, but certainly not wide. I normally take an EEE fitting. I found them odd at first as they rock back and fore but once I walked around the house in them they were very good. Takes a bit of getting used to as they are quite bouncy for want of a better word, but I think they are helping. I'm just hoping they will stretch as they are quite big for a 6 but I couldn't get the smaller size on at all. I would recommend them if you have problems with your legs they really are very good, and the cheapest I've seen on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfy!, 6 Aug. 2014
These are very comfy to wear and come with 2 pairs of laces - one white and one black which is handy. They are well made, won't fall apart after a couple of months (like some) and easy to walk in. I am on my feet all day, doing 12 hour shifts and usually have aching feet by the end. Not with these - these are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort for a back pain sufferer!, 18 July 2010
Ardee (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these quite hesitantly, as they are much more expensive than trainers I would normally buy, and they look quite unattractive in the pictures.

When you first get them out of the box it is a relief as they are not as clumpy as they appear on this page. There are a lot of leaflets and I think a DVD in the box all explaining how great the shoes are and how to get the best out of them. I read the bit about best walking practice, but ignored everything else, there is only so much information a person can take in about shoes!

I am not suggesting these are good for anyone with a bad back, but they have helped me get more mobile than I have been for quite a while. They feel like normal, very cushioned, very comfortable trainers, and getting used to walking in them does not take very long at all.

I find it difficult to walk straight, and I often have a limp and lean forwards when my sciatic pain is bad. Walking even short distances can be difficult on bad days, and standing for anytime at all is very painful. The Sketchers don't make me magically walk upright and straight when I put them on, but they do take a lot of the pressure off my back, enabling me to walk further, and if I am forced to stand up (on the bus etc) rolling backwards and forwards on the balls of my feet takes much of the pain away

I'm not suggesting these are for everyone, they are larger and heavier than most trainers, and they will never be stylish. I have great doubts as to the toning up claims that are made, unless people walk slightly more, because the trainers are comfortable.

If you do have lower back pain and find it uncomfortable to stand for long periods, these might be worth trying just for the ultra comfort they can deliver.

4.0 out of 5 stars SKECHERS SHAPE UPS, 31 Oct. 2010
I bought these trainers because I read they were very good at protecting the heels and I had a damaged achilles tendon. I did'nt realise that they were a workout trainer and at first I found it very hard work walking in them. They do cushion my feet wonderfully, so much so, that I have taken to wearing them indoors instead of my slippers. They have improved my posture and strengthened my leg,buttock and tummy muscles. Don't expect instant results,if, like me, you are out of condition. They are a good buy and can't do you any harm but can do you a lot of good. I would thoroughly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trainers with Lift!, 19 April 2012
These are my first pair of Shape Ups and I'm over the moon with them! I take a women's shoe size 6.5/7UK (8.5/9US) and I ordered the size 6UK in the 'navy/white' option (based on reading other reviews that recommended going down a size). On the box, it actually says size 9US/6UK which to me is wrong. I am American who has lived in the UK for the last eight years and a 9US has always been equivalent to a 7UK...so what I'm suggesting is that you go down a size. I am normally very happy in a 7UK but the 6UK is perfect in these shoes. They're a nice 'wide' width (I have a medium/wide foot); the laces are very accomodating, so that if you have a slightly more narrow foot, you can really cinch them in to get the best fit. What I especially love about this style is the 'almost high heel' elevation you get. I find it difficult wearing flats and these shoes really give me that extra bit of 'lift' that is both comfortable and flattering. The sole/heel height measures in at about 1-inch at the front of the shoe increasing to about 1-3/4 inches at the back of the shoe (so this trainer will increase your height, as well!). Walking in them truly is like walking on air. The thick grey part of the sole (on the 'navy' model) is soft squishy foam and gives the shoe a lot of bounce. I am definitely not (well, never have been) a 'trainer-sort-of-girl' but am now a convert! Hopefully, with regular wear, I will see improved posture and firmer more sculpted legs and bum (only time will tell!). But, after only wearing them around the house on the first day, I did feel a slight soreness in my muscles the next day which is quite reassuring. I just can't praise these trainers highly enough!