VINE VOICEon 24 February 2015
What a lovely story,it has the happy factor with a nice ending! De-Ann Black has wonderful way of writing a good story, Morag soon finds out that her boyfriend of 2 years is a two timing good for nothing, she has been holding the home together running a small business while he has been entertaining a women, she only finds out by mistake.
Morag then has an idea she finds a cottage in the outside of the city to lease short term from a lady who with her sister lives in Cornwall, both these ladies who run a tea shop & with a sewing shop together, the sewing bee is a ladies get together where they make quilt block's, sewing machine covers and the like along with loads of tea and cake, don't be fooled within this beginning starts a whole story of love laughter and fun, this is such a brilliant read well worth it.
on 15 June 2014
I love De-ann Black's books, she paints the pictures of her characters well and draws you into their world. As a Scottish author and myself living in Scotland I can picture where these books are set so I enjoy them all the more. No problem if you do not live in Scotland as after reading her books, you will want to visit. This particular book was a lovely relaxing read and made me want to take sewing classes afterwards. With 2 potential male love interests, she keeps you wondering who will be the lucky man right to the end. Well worth the read. I would love to have De-ann's books on a drip, as they take away the stresses after a hectic day at work.
on 13 June 2014
Enjoyable read with super practical supplement. Have made the bee toy and yet to do the sewing. Really interesting and worth the price for the practical part.
on 9 June 2014
Well written, a crafters dream book. I am also a gardener so I was in heaven . I didn't want this book to finish.
on 14 June 2014
as a knitter who goes to a knitting group and we have tea and cakes too i totally enjoyed this book and related to the group work and also all the baking too. The camaraderie there is similar to ours and we too have a lot of laughs but we also get a lot of knitting done, it is nice to see everyone's work progress . It is also nice when the shop gets in new yarns and patterns for us to try out ourselves.
on 9 June 2014
I found this book boring and very predictable. The characters were very shallow. It did not draw you in and want to to continue reading in fact exactly the opposite. I plodded on with it as I wanted something to read on a train journey but was glad to finish it. Wouldn't bother buying any more in the series
on 16 July 2014
This has everything you can wish for a summer as story. Perfect for reading on the beach, or at home on a rainy afternoon. One prickle when did sewers become sewists? The book follows a familiar pattern, boy cheats on girl, she goes out and you know the rest. Enjoy , patterns at the end of this as well.
on 9 March 2015
This was my first purchase of this author and since then I've added lots more. I love seeing,knitting, vintage clothing,gardens, baking and in fact all things in this book. I just need to find the warm weather which is spoken about in all her books. I cannot help but recommend all her books.
on 10 September 2014
Simply love these books. Being a keen crafter I can get right into the story, feels like I am right there at the sewing bee's. And what a special bonus with the patterns at the end to have a go at, my fabric stash will have an airing it so rightly deserves. Thank you so much.
on 29 July 2014
I did enjoy this book I am interested in sewing and eating (I can not bake for toffee ) I have not read this author before but I will try her again I call this no brainer reading and you need a bit of lite releaf in this world so do give it a go.