‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend., 21 Jun. 2014
I am a big fan of all the Jumpstart books and use them frequently in my lessons. Having waited fifteen months for the book to arrive after I preordered, I was delighted to see how thick this book is. The book is, at a glance, three times the thickness of the Jumpstart Literacy book and is split into useful sections to make it easier when needing to focus on particular SPaG areas in lessons.

I would really recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book packed with great ideas, 23 Jun. 2014
J. Thomson - See all my reviews
Really great little book - loads of ideas for activities and starters. I'm just starting my NQT year in September so it's fantastic for me, but the book is so comprehensive, covering every aspect of grammar, I think any teacher would find this useful. I've also purchased Jumpstart Poetry and Jumpstart Literacy, both co-written by Pie Corbett, and they're of a similar high quality. Am confident I'll keep on coming back to these books. A Pie Corbett idea from Jumpstart Poetry got me my new teaching post :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for SPAG ideas, 14 Jun. 2014
I am a Y5/6 teacher and can see this little gem of a book is going to be very useful. As well as some excellent and succinct explanations of various grammar points (in line with the 2014 curriculum, as far as I can see) there are plenty of fabulous games and activities to help the children develop their own understanding.
Another gem from these two excellent authors, that follows in the footsteps of Jumpstart Literacy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as slways, 14 Jun. 2014
I honestly can't wait to start planning my lessons using this. Loads of great games and well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for the new curriculum, 27 Aug. 2014
Luck5 (West Midlands.UK) - See all my reviews
I have had other jumpstart books and always find them useful for injecting some new ideas into my teaching. I particularly liked the poetry one. This one does not disappoint. Am looking forward to trying some of the ideas in an attempt to liven up what can be at times a little bit of a dull subject. Thank you to the authors for a bit of inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really engaging activities and games that are so easy to set up and implement, 1 Oct. 2014
MissH (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
As a primary school teacher I have found this book invaluable. Really engaging activities and games that are so easy to set up and implement, unlike other books where you need to photocopy or have extra resources. Would highly recommend this book to any teacher looking for great grammar activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 29 Dec. 2014
Great for bringing grammar to life and teaching it so that children make the connection that they're learning about grammar in order to improve their writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good reference point for setting interesting homework challenges too, 27 Dec. 2014
E. Procter - See all my reviews
I use this every day with my Lower KS2 class. A good reference point for setting interesting homework challenges too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 22 Dec. 2014
Full of helpful ideas and useful definitions. If you aren't quite sure what a definer is this book explains it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for primary teachers, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Jumpstart! Grammar: Games and activities for ages 6-14 (Kindle Edition)
Excellent resource to help teachers teach grammar in an engaging way. Well worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›