4.0 out of 5 stars To all those unhappy mp3 buyers... all is not lost.
Published 4 months ago by Rodney Griffiths

3.0 out of 5 stars ... Christian myself I hoped that David would be really great to listen to instead of the normal Yankee readers
Being a keen Christian myself I hoped that David would be really great to listen to instead of the normal Yankee readers. I was disappointed. Sorry to say 'He tried too hard'. I was hoping for a really natural reading - Sorry David but that's my honest assessment
Published 1 month ago by viewmaster

4.0 out of 5 stars To all those unhappy mp3 buyers... all is not lost., 2 May 2014
Not so much a review as a helpful suggestion: If you are unhappy about the mp3 status of this product you may be interested to know that providing you have a pc which I'm guessing you have, apart from being able to listen to the recordings on a computer it is perfectly easy to burn these mp3 files onto a blank recordable cd in a standard audio format such that the cd will play in any cd player, car or domestic.

All you need is a pc, and a copy of Windows Media Player or Real player (the free version) - other FREE programs are also available such as Freemake Video Converter (yes it does audio as well). Both these products support burning files to disc and offer the option to create a digital recording (what you already have in mp3 format) or an audio recording that will play in most if not all cd players.

The only issue is that while an individual mp3 file is quite small, meaning that dozens can fit onto a standard compact disc, once they are converted to the original audio cd format they take up much more space. Therefore what fits onto a single cd in mp3 format will take 2 or more cd's in regular audio format.

Incidentally I bought a perfectly good mp3 player just two weeks ago with 8 gigabytes of space, more than enough for the whole of the Nearly Inspired Version (just joking) files, for less than £3. Tiny little thing, but it works fine. Think I found it on that well known auction site but I expect there's plenty on Amazon too.

Hope this help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vocal velvet., 2 May 2014
B. Seed (UK) - See all my reviews
Superb. No other word for it. Just plainly, simply, beautifully & clearly read by a fantastic actor whose heart is genuinely in his work. What a legacy to leave after a long career delighting us on stage & screen: a truly epic labour of love. Many thanks, Mr Suchet!

5.0 out of 5 stars These MP3 CDs are digital audio files., 25 April 2014
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The box gives this information:

"These MP3 CDs are digital audio files. They cannot be played on a standard CD player unless it is MP3 enabled., but can be used in CD and DVD players that display the MP3 symbol. You can also transfer the audio files for your personal use onto your computer, smartphone, MP3 player and other compatible devices."

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, 10 May 2014
I had to buy a compatible player in order to listen to the discs but it was so, so worth the additional expense, this is simply the best audio recording of the Bible I have ever heard. There is no distracting background music and the words and message just came alive for me as I listened. I am so grateful to David Suchet for this recording and I hope many people will get to hear it, I will treasure it always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Audio Bible I've heard, 8 May 2014
Wonderfully read. This is by far the best audio version of the Bible I’ve ever heard.
I’m slightly dyslexic so find reading difficult but with David Suchet’s narration I find it a real joy as I follow along, reading the word from the Bible gateway website. [...]
Worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars At last NIV read with an English accent, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Complete NIV Audio Bible: Volume 2: Prophets, Gospels, Acts and Letters (Unabridged) (Audio Download)
This is fabulous when you have been waiting for such a reading for a long time. It is quietly read with no background noise or dramatisation. I am very happy, thank you David Suchet.

David says the book and chapter number at the start of each chapter which is perfect (the other audio bible I have does not do this and it makes navigation of that recording almost impossible).

I bought the audible version to listen to on my computer, I haven't tried on my iPhone yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality recording; top quality reading performance., 18 May 2014
Really love this Audio Bible set. I have another audio version but it is so unpractical to use. This version is organised by Chapters so it is easy to find the passage I want, and I can use repeat if studying or wanting to concentrate on a particular passage. David Suchet's voice portrays his love for the scriptures. For me it is so much more rewarding knowing that the reader loves the book he is reading.

This is an excellent product and would be very good for people with reading difficulties. It is not expensive and could be shared by a family or other group.

Need to make sure your player will play MP3 files though - some older CD players may not do so. Permission to transfer files for personal use is included with the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete NIV Audio Bible, 29 May 2014
I particularly appreciate hearing the Bible read in an English accent. Previously I had used a version read by an American cast with background music. David Suchet is so much easier on the ear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading - shame about the technical MP3 stuff, 12 Aug 2014
J. West (UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent recording by a superb voice artist - highly recommended for listening to the Bible.

It misses five stars due to the very poor thought behind how the MP3 discs are organised and the files are tagged. The discs simply have the MP3s at the top level, not in folders. Some MP3 CD players cannot play this format. It also means there are gazillions of tracks to flick through if you want a particular book/chapter. It would have been far far better if they'd used folders for each book of the Bible. And that brings me to the tagging - they are all tagged in a single album, meaning the whole Bible will not import into iTunes unless you do what I did - import each CD, then retag the chapters for each book into a particular album. They should have tagged the MP3 files with one album per book or similar. Fortunately if you're a bit IT literate this isn't a problem - but I wonder how many people will really struggle using these in practice due to these failings.

5.0 out of 5 stars A purchase which has stopped me in my tracks, 24 Jun 2014
I was at a very loose end in the middle of the night, browsing, bored, looking for something, and I have often looked at and downloaded various eBook versions of the Holy Bible amongst other books. At the same time, I must explain, I was always reading, reading, reading and I do not mean I was only reading religious tomes. I read everything and everything: history (much, much history, especially of the 19th and 20th century), biographies, novels, philosophy, politics, humour, old books from my childhood once more re-read (in fact, almost everything except Science Fiction, sorry) but I always kept looking and wondering after reading such books as Peter Hitchen's, "The Rage Against God".
Always I was left searching and wondering.
Now, I honestly do not know why, but I came across this audio version of the Holy Bible during one of my interminable, insomnia-riddled, night wanderings. And I decided to buy it.

It arrived today. Listening to only the opening few verses has, maybe not transfixed me, but definitely given me serious pause for thought. I have read these verses umpteen times since childhood some seventy years ago. *Now*, they really do seem to mean something. Perhaps just like Mr. Suchet, I have had my own moment of epiphany through his recordings as he had after reading an hotel room Bible in 1986.

I don't know. I just don't know. The one thing I *do* know is that on my waking the morning after my overnight purchase I felt it was an extravagant and spurious acquisition. Now I know it was not. I hope this may turn out to be the very best almost forty quid I have spent in my lifetime.