Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 June 2014
This isn't, all things considered, a terrible compilation of music, unfortunately someone just chose a really terrible name for it.
on 4 June 2014
To me when I hear someone mention rock I think of bands like Queen and Guns and Roses etc. This is not Rock! Most of the artists feature are more like POP. I mean come one Robbie Williams?? Eh no!!!! . It is not a bad CD and my 7 year old loves it. I do like a good few of the tracks but I think they should have really sat down and thought of a different name.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 June 2015
Had this compilation been called ''Now That's What I Call Indie Rock'', I have no doubt that the reviewers on this website would have been more favourable. In terms of an indie-rock compilation, this triple 'Now' album is very good, although not the type of music which one would necessarily associate with the chosen title genre. Personally, I too think of bands such as Queen and Guns N' Roses when I hear the word 'rock'.

Although there are still more than a handful of songs here that don't even have everything to do with indie-'rock', i.e: MGMT's 'Kids', the Pulp hit 'Common People', 'The Bad Touch' by The Bloodhound Gang, and as for Scouting for Girls (of whom I do like), really? However, you'll still find many light/heavier-driving 'rock' songs from the likes of Stereophonics, Oasis, The Zutons, and Primal Scream. Eagle eyed shoppers will notice that all of these tracks are from the 1990s up to now, nothing recorded before then is included on these CDs.

I would definitely urge you to read the track listing before you purchase this collection. If the artists on here don't tickle you're fancy, you'll be better served with the recently released Now That's What I Call Classic Rock.

I have rated this set four stars, because there are still better compilations of indie music on the market.
on 4 June 2014
What a shabby attempt to ROCK up the NOW series...and it makes hilarious reading entertainment - I don't know which I laughed loudest at - the track listing or the reviews.
on 7 August 2014
This in my opinion is a fantastic album and is the only spin off Now album i have, now i have read most the reviews on here and a lot of people are criticising it for not having enough rock or worse no rock at all, i do agree with them in a way as a lot of them are a lot more Indie pop then rock. The following songs are the only ones i can think of that are a lot more Dance/Electronica that don't have any rock elements in them whatsoever

MGMT - kids
The Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

Apart from those 2 i think every other song does, there are also some very soft rock songs that are piano driven ballads.

The Fray - How to Save a Life
Kodaline - High Hopes
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Embrace - Natures Law

And with this album being a Now! album, most of the songs on here have appeared on the numbered series, the numbers in brackets next to each song indicates which numbered Now album they are on.

CD 1

1. Bastille - Pompeii (Now 84)
2. Coldplay - Paradise (Now 81)
3. Nickelback - Rockstar (Now 69)
4. Razorlight - America (Now 65)
5. The Automatic - Monster (Now 64)
6. Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby (Now 66)
7. The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger (Now 65)
8. MGMT - kids (Now 72)
9. The Fray - How to Save a Life (Now 66)
10. Scouting for Girls - She's So Lovely (Now 68)
11. Train - Drive By (Now 82)
12. Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks N/A
13. Biffy Clyro - Many of Horror (Now 75)
14. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (Now 85)
15. Kodaline - High Hopes N/A
16. Klaxons - Golden Skans (Now 66)
17. The 1975 - Chocolate (Now 85)
18. HAIM - The Wire N/A
19. The Kooks - Naive N/A
20 Jake Bugg - Lightning Bolt N/A
21. Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait (Now 83)

CD 2

1. Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (Now 49)
2. Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal (Now 50)
3. Blink-182 - All the Small Things (Now 45)
4. Sum 41 - Fat Lip (Now 50)
5. The Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch (Now 46)
6. Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance (Now 64)
7. Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi N/A
8. Puddle of Mudd - Blurry (Now 52)
9. Len - Steal My Sunshine N/A
10. Bowling for Soup - Girl All the Bad Guys Want (Now 53)
11. Weezer - Buddy Holly (Now 31)
12. Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom (Now 57)
13. The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love N/A
14. The Beastie Boys - Fight for Your Right (To Party) N/A
15. Run DMC & Aerosmith - Walk This Way (Now 8)
16. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Higher Ground N/A
17. You Me at Six - Cold Night N/A
18. The Zutons - Valerie N/A
19. Reef - Place Your Hands N/A
20. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Love Burns N/A
21. Spin Doctors - Two Princes (Now 26)
22. Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (Now 24)

CD 3

1. Oasis - Cigarettes & Alcohol (Now 29)
2. U2 - Beautiful Day (Now 47)
3. Keane - Somewhere Only We Know (Now 57)
4. Stereophonics - Dakota (Now 60)
5. Anastacia - Left Outside Alone (Now 58)
6. Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You (Now 39)
7. New Radicals - You Get What You Give (Now 43)
8. Travis - Sing (Now 50)
9. Pulp - Common People (Now 31)
10. Manic Street Preachers - A Design for Life N/A
11. The Bluetones - Slight Return (Now 34)
12. The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored N/A
13. Primal Scream - Rocks (Now 27)
14. The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You (Now 50)
15. Kasabian - Club Foot N/A
16. Feeder - Buck Rogers (Now 48)
17. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out (Now 57)
18. The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now (Now 59)
19. Embrace - Nature's Law (Now 63)
20. Radiohead - Creep (Now 26)

N/A - Not on the numbered series.

Best Songs

Feeder - Buck Rogers
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
Embrace - Natures Law

And with this being a 3 CD album makes it even better value than your usual 2 CD numbered Now albums and with so many good songs on this one, it's a must have for Indie/Rock fans, and for those of you reading this, most of these songs are actually Indie, don't be fooled my the misleading title, and for all the 1 star ratings for this album who were expecting more "Rock" just because it has a misleading title doesn't make it a bad album at all, Indie fans will love it!
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
i am unable to give this abortion less than 1 star,why is it so bad ?..let us begin...you get 3 cd`s for your money-drinks coasters are cheaper by the way....cd 1 comprises such non Rock luminaries as Bastille,Coldplay,Razorlight along with new(ish) indie whiners like Kodaline,Haim,Mumford and sons-most of these bands are soul destroying,also featured are forgotten teen pop bands-Scouting For Girls/Kaiser Chiefs...plus Jake Bugg,the modern day George Formby.....cd 2 continues the rot,long dead.forgotten bands-Wheatus,Alien Ant Farm,Blink 182,Sum 41 which sit alongside such guff as The Darkness,Fountains Of Wayne.....cd 3 is possibly the worst for non Rock....the dreary Britpop of Oasis,irish tedium masters U2,indie bedwetters Keane...then we get Anastacia,Robbie Williams,The Stone Roses and Embrace......quite simply the WORST COMPILATION EVER-and not a single decent Rock band/artist in sight........whoever put this together wants shooting...then being educated into what a ROCK song is.....avoid at all costs.
1111 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2014
Now that is what I don't call music. There is very little rock in this album and is the worse compilation I have had the pleasure to look at. As a rock fan, Old and New it has become a problem with all sites, Amazon, Play etc etc that cannot put music in its correct place. Rock is in the Metal Genre with off branches from there not mixed in with bad music. Mumford and Sons, Folk Rock, Robbie is Pop, Need I say more. Don't buy it if a true rock fan is the answer.
on 13 July 2014
Should be called Spot The Rock Song. Awful. Just awful. Do not buy this!
on 21 May 2015
I absolutely LOVE this album and highly recommend it. When I read the list of tracks I thought what a fantastic compilation of pop-rock/soft-rock in the spirit of the NOW..series and decided to get it. I love/like 55 tracks and like/don't mind 8 - 63 tracks and not a NAFF one amongst them, so brilliant!😸 Here are some of my faves:-
CD 1= Monster // Ruby
CD 2 = Teenage Dirtbag // Smooth Criminal //Dance Dance
// Sk8er Boy // Stacy's Mum // Walk This Way //
// Place Your Hands
CD 3 = Left Outside Alone // Common People // Bohemian
Like You.
Also getting free MP3 too was just icing on the cake!
on 29 June 2014
I received this for Fathers Day, despite having read the reviews. I thought, surely it can't be that bad and I was right. It's not that bad, it's TEN TIMES WORSE. I am thinking of complaining under the Trade Descriptions Act as, unlike, Ronseal, It simply does NOT do what it says on the tin. No rock whatsoever and if whoever compiled it, cannot see this, then I seriously recommend a career change. Utter utter utter rubbish. Now That's What I Call ROCK......................Now That's What I Call S...e ! ! !