5.0 out of 5 stars Mario returns to his roots in this most brilliant 2d platformer, in which 4 people can all play together as a team!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Nintendo Selects: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo Wii) (Video Game)
Super Mario Bros on the NES was the first Nintendo game I played many years ago and it was a top class platformer and still is to this day. I have been playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii with my partner and it is harder then the DS Mario game which I prefer but she doesn't. We are having a great laugh playing as a team and we sometimes kill eachother by mistake. Nintendo have taken the best parts from Super Bros 3 on the NES and the best parts from Super Mario World on the SNES and have overall made the best 2d Mario platformer of all time with it's insane four player mode which is fantastic fun. The graphics look wonderful and just for me and maybe other long term Nintendo fans this game is more fun then Mario Galaxy. You get to play as Mario, Luigi, Blue Toad or Yellow Toad and best of all are friend Yoshi is back to ride on and help us out. Mario has some great new power-ups such as the Propller Mushroom which is great for reaching hidden areas high up in the air. The Ice Flower lets our hero chuck ice balls that feeze ememies and was used in Mario Galaxy but is the first time for a 2d Mario platformer. The Penguin Suit is great for when you are swimming and also allows you to throw ice balls. For me this is the best Nintendo game on the Wii this year and everybody who has a Wii should buy this game right now because it really is Nintendo at their best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sep 2014
Brilliant

Nintendo Selects: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo Wii)
24.99