4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to the Ryker Billionaires, with at least 2 more tales to come., 8 May 2014
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Seduction and Surrender (The Billionaire's Temptation Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is my first full-length tale by CM, and it doesn't disappoint. I love tales where I'm reminded of the 'battle of the sexes' style of romance that was so popular in Mills & Boons of the 70's and 80's and this took me down memory lane; however, it is a very modern tale with a feisty female who's more than a match for the male lead.

Amazon's blurb covers the gist of the tale, so I won't repeat that, but what I liked about the tale is that Emma had backbone and was no pushover, and that Quinn, upper-hand billionaire or not, came across as a very decent, genuine guy, driven by truly wanting to help and protect Emma. In the very nicest way, this was no Indecent Proposal, where one had the power and the other was eventually coerced into something she didn't truly want.

So, OK, yes, I'm sort of contradicting myself, as Emma was pretty much forced into the agreement with Quinn, but she stood her ground about what it would entail, so that eventually, when they made it into bed, it was entirely mutual, and nothing to do with a business deal. I liked that she was a strong enough character that she didn't feel 'bought' and that she knew and spoke her own mind. I liked that Quinn didn't have to pressure her into his bed, and that he simply took advantage of their mutual attraction, which made for a lot of very steamy sex scenes!

I also liked that we got to see Quinn's feelings as well as Emma's (in fact, Quinn was the more open character, and Emma almost seemed ultra-tough until a certain incident, where she broke down), and that though he made a big mistake where she was concerned, he was honest, persistent, clearly in love, and 'earned' her love back. I think that had not happened, Emma might have ended up with doubts about their relationship, later down the line, but Quinn came through for her, in several different ways.

The tale ends with the start of their HEA, but it is the first book in a trilogy, and I'm lucky enough to have found out that Emma and Quinn's romance will continue to be seen in the background of the remaining two tales. In this, we're also introduced to Gabriel Ryker, who initially comes over as a bit of a 'butt' (the a-word would probably get this review pulled), and who deserves to have his own butt brought into line in his tale, and from the sneak preview I've seen of the next book, CM doesn't disappoint.

Disclaimer: I am lucky enough to have been introduced to this author via a mutual friend, and to have become a beta reader of hers. Whilst I have been gifted a copy of this book, the review is entirely my own, for which no payment was made or requested.

5.0 out of 5 stars The great unfinished symphony, 9 July 2014
great love thriller but extremely disappointed when story just stopped . Left hungry for the conclusion to this story. If you like 50 shades you'll like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars seduction and surrender, 14 Jun 2014
I love this story. Very raw and passionate. Quinn is just amazing at everything he dose. I wouldn't mind a Quinn of my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST BOOK IN A HOT NEW SERIES, 26 Aug 2014
Cookie's Princess (Greenock, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Cali Mackay has written an fantastic steamy.... hot story ..with page turning thrilling heart stopping moments written into this true love story... This first book involves the oldest Ryker brother Quinn the billionaire ..and his love for Emma who owns a restaurant.. I laughed... I cried and my heart hit the floor more than once.. .. Quinn has wanted Emma since he first saw her....he blackmails her to get her into his bed and into his life by telling her he will renew her lease on her restaurant which is her life and has taken all her money to set it up... will she do it.. or walk away...the sexual chemistry between them just made me break out in a sweat .. I fell in love with Quinn.. I would love a Quinn in my life...but he will have to remain my new book boyfriend... if you want to know what happens download the book I detest spoilers and will not give story away... I promise you you will not be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start, 8 Sep 2014
This is a great start to the Billionaire's Temptation series. Emma and Quinn are great Characters. I really like Jake "the best friend" and the jealousy between him and Quinn. I am looking forward to the next book. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seduction and Surrender (The BIllionaire' s Temptation Series) by Ali MacKay., 3 Aug 2014
An exciting and such an all consuming love story, mixed with danger and passionate love and betrayal. All the mixture one needs for a successful and interesting story. Looking forward to. Book 2 IN the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab book, 8 May 2014
Amanda (Morden, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Another fab book by Cali and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. The characters are full of life and you get a real feel of them, good and bad.