Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.95

on 12 July 2014
“Ke’Ke’ ” is the new five-track EP by R&B songstress Ketara Shavon “Keke” Wyatt, and follows on her 2011 album “Unbelievable.”

“Fall In Love” is my favorite track on this mini-album. When Keke popped up on my Amazon Recommended, this soulful R&B ballad is what I checked out on YouTube - the “Fall In Love (in studio)” version - and what made me fall for her vocals. Another great song is “Rain,” which features rapper Pusha T. These days, you have a lot of overused guest raps that can be a detriment to a great song, but on this one it blends well together. This is followed by the mid-tempo ballad “Another Lifetime,” another standout song. Next up is the track “Remember.” I like but do not love this song. Adding a rap (by Nitty Scott, MC) to this one works less well than in “Rain,” in my opinion at least. Ballad “Lie Under You,” the EP closer, is another of my favorites.

The five tracks on this mini-album serve as a great taster for those who are, like me, new to her music. And once hooked by the vocals of this talented singer, they will only serve to whet the appetite for her upcoming new album which will be released later this year (and the best part about discovering new artists: in the meantime, I’ll have her older albums to tide me over).
on 24 August 2014
I love the new album! I just wish there was a lot more songs. Ke'Ke's voice is heavenly and a true pleasure to listen to.
I can't wait for another amazing album.