Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 December 2015
Dream Theater has got a lot of creativity and inspiration and are regarded as one of my favourite bands of all time. They are amazing, heavy, epic and inspiring. I know I have already have all the albums, but it doesn't matter.

For Images & Words (1992): I will pick that as my favourite DT album, and to be honest everyone picks that album as their favourite, or even Metropolis Pt 2: Scene of a Memory. The most popular song on the album is Pull Me Under, which has a riff that inspires with the influence of Metallica, according to guitarist John Petrucci. Furthermore, this album is a breakthrough success not only the band, but the movement of the prog metal genre. Favourite songs are almost every song on the album.

For Awake (1994): Very good album but also has a slightly different approach comparison to Images & Words. Favourite songs are 6:00, Caught In A Web, Innocence Faded, Voices, The Mirror, Lie & even Lifting Shadows of a Dream.

For Falling Into Infinity (1997): Pretty good record but is the only album to have Derek Sherinian on keyboards before Jordan Rudess joined in 1999. The sound on the album is way to different to their earlier material.

For Metropolis Pt 2: Scene Of A Memory (1999): This is a concept album which everyone picks as their favourite DT album, this also has a hard rock approach but still has the prog metal influences. Favourite songs are Overture 1928, Strange Deja Vu & The Spirit Carries On.

For Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance (2002): This album is like a concept album but also has the music coming across as jazz, metal & even classical. Favourite songs are Goodnight Kiss & Solitary Shell.

For Train of Thought (2003): In my opinion, this album is brilliant and is even their heaviest, darkest and epic DT album to date. Every song is like that, while the guitars on the album are heavy, awesome & brutal. Guitar solos on the album are incredible as well. Favourite songs are As I Am, This Dying Soul, Endless Sacrifice, Honor Thy Father & In The Name of God.

For Octavarium (2005): Very good album, the songs are a little bit heavier than Train of Thought. And having said that, the sound on the album is pretty good. Favourite songs are The Root of all Evil, These Walls, I Walk Beside You & Panic Attack.

For Systematic Chaos (2007): Another great record, also has a different sound comparison to their other albums. The album has a song called Repentance which has spoken words coming from other singers which was different from their other albums due to the fact that they wanted to try something different than what they did. Favourite songs are Foresaken & The Dark Eternal Night.

For Black Clouds & Silver Linings (2009): Very similar to Systematic Chaos, but not as fantastic as their previous album, still a great album However my favourite songs are Wither & The Count of Tuscany.

For A Dramatic Turn of Events (2011): The start to the album is awesome but did pretty better than Black Clounds in my opinion. Favourite songs are On The Backs of Angels, Build Me Up, Break Me Down & Far From Heaven (which is pretty much their emotional songs to date by the band).

All the albums are brilliant, lots of creativity, they even wrote more riffs than many metal bands, if you buy this boxset of their albums or if you already have their albums separately, have fun listening to them.
on 6 November 2014
This was a gift to my wife and seh was very happy with it. It is not as fancy as others boxsets on the market but it has all studio albuns with James Labrie in this sort of digipack format. All discs look similar and it is small, so it is very easy to keep it anywhere. I Thought albuns like Black Clouds and Silver Linnings would come in its 2-disc version, but that only happens with 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Overall this is a simple, but very nice pack.
on 11 July 2014
Well worth the money in my opinion for a great collection of music.
Just make sure you pick the right time to buy. I purchased last week when it was at it's lowest of just over £29 delivered, today it is almost £10 dearer. How can you go wrong for less than £3 an album if you are a DT fan like me and want all these albums in one handy place. I like these big releases of the older bands/singers, it is like a "last hurrah", and have purchased a few of these box sets from Amazon at good prices.
The music is excellent and the price can be right as well.
on 22 July 2014
Dream Theater studio albums -
01 (1989) WHEN DREAM AND DAY UNITE - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/Dominici/Moore)
02 (1992) *IMAGES AND WORDS - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Moore)
03 (1994) *AWAKE - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Moore)
04 (1997) *FALLING INTO INFINITY - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Sherinian)
05 (1999) *METROPOLIS PART 2 - SCENES FROM A MEMORY - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Rudess)
06 (2002) *SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Rudess)
07 (2003) *TRAIN OF THOUGHT - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Rudess)
08 (2005) *OCTAVARIUM - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Rudess)
09 (2007) *SYSTEMATIC CHAOS - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Rudess)
10 (2009) *BLACK CLOUDS AND SILVER LINING - (Petrucci/Myung/Portnoy/LaBrie/Rudess)
11 (2011) *A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS - (Petrucci/Myung/Mangini/LaBrie/Rudess)
12 (2013) DREAM THEATER - (Petrucci/Myung/Mangini/LaBrie/Rudess)

These are the official 12 DT studio albums in the order of their release where marked with * are included in the boxset. What's missing here are 2 albums, the first and the latest. Hence one star less. In fact, it doesn't matter to me because I have them all in my collection. I'm a big follower. Seen them live twice. But having included those 2 albums would entitle this a 'Complete Studio Albums'. That would be great. Still glad to have all 6 albums from 'Metropolis Part 2' to 'Black Clouds And Silver Lining' that feature the famous lineups of John Petrucci, John Myung, Mike Portnoy, James LaBrie and Jordan Rudess. My fav lineups. I call them fab five.

What's in the boxset is 10 albums that go in their separate sleeves with the front and back album art covers. No lyrics, liner notes and photographs as one would expect in standard albums. And the sleeves go in the boxset which you can see in the description picture. No remastered. Better than the MP3 downloads. Worth the money.

Thanks. :-) \m/,
on 24 August 2015
I have only recently heard of Dream Theater through a friend. Well what I can say is that WHY DID IT TAKE HIM SO LONG TO INTRODUCE ME TO THEM!! To me they must be one of the greatest bands ever. This pack of 10 of their albums for the price is great value. I would highly recommend Dream Theater and this set to anyone
on 30 January 2015
I did not know about Dream Theater until quite recently. I had to buy this after the first time I heard them. Excellent heavy metal, progressive rock. I can also recommend their cover of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon album, which was recorded live, and it comes with a second disk of other live Pink Floyd covers.
on 29 November 2014
I wanted a second set of albums to keep in the van, as the cd player doesn't like copy disc's, at the price this was a no brainer.
on 26 August 2014
After hearing so much about Dream Theater I was expecting much more. Clearly they can play, but, like the Rolling Stones, it seems to be the same thing -- more or less -- over and over again. If there was a "Toto" of progressive rock/metal, it would probably be these guys, and I have been listening to the genre for several decades. It is definitely value for money and I am glad that I took the plunge this way rather than buying the titles individually. Don't get me wrong; there are some gems in here. You just have to find them.
on 4 June 2015
Nice box set and at one pound seventy nine a album a steal .
on 11 May 2015
Fantastic band and a stunning price. No brainer for DT fans.