The White Circle

Having loved the Harry Potter book series, I was somewhat reluctant to delve back into the world of magic. After all, you read one magic story you’ve read them all, right? Wrong!

I’m ever so pleased I took the plunge.

Published 11 months ago by S. Bulcock

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Mistakes
This book could have been better. It was so full of mistakes that my concentration wandered from the story looking for the next error (which was never far away).

Published 12 months ago by Wendy

5.0 out of 5 stars If JKRowling can get lucky and be published, I see no reason why LJHodgson shouldn't be too., 8 Aug. 2014
S. Bulcock (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
The White Circle

I’m ever so pleased I took the plunge.

Our four young protagonists: Alfie, Rosie, Emma and Billy are unexpectedly drawn into a magical universe and they only went on a school trip!

The White Circle has a direct narrative that slowly builds as it introduces characters and plot but soon envelops the reader as they need to know what happens next. It spans the ages with tales of yore tied up with contemporary imagery and culture – i.e. Billy dressed in a classic sci-fi outfit?!

This book shows great imagination that leaves the reader following red-herrings, being sucked into their world as it twists and turns and ultimately feeling frustrated because there are loose ends that need tying up.

Second book anyone? This story NEEDS a follow-up and I for one look forward to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful clever read, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Alfie Tanner and the White Circle (Kindle Edition)
I must say it was with a little reticent I bought this book after a recommendation from a friend. So it is was a wonderful suprise that the book captivated me from page one. This is not one of my preferred genres but White Circle has made me somewhat of a convert. A beautifully written story that will appeal to child and adult alike. I am looking forward to the next installment from Mr Hodgson.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READ, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Alfie Tanner and the White Circle (Kindle Edition)
Was recommended by a friend. Mainly for my 9yr old daughter. I read it first to check it was suitable- which I feel it was - and I realy enjoyed it! As did my little girl. We are both eagerly awaiting the next installment! I don't want to give too much away but I would recommend reading this if you like books like Harry potter! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars watch out J K Rowling, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Alfie Tanner and the White Circle (Kindle Edition)
Good read hard to put it down
Interesting twists and turns
Could not put it down
Can't wait until the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read looking forward to next book, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Alfie Tanner and the White Circle (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable read looking forward to the next one.
It was very hard to put down and some interesting twists. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars best book ive read, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Alfie Tanner and the White Circle (Kindle Edition)
its one of the best books ive read. .lots of things to keep you glued to the book and you dont want to put it down a book you can read over and over again

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Mistakes, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Alfie Tanner and the White Circle (Kindle Edition)

Grammar, spelling, punctuation..........."he was sat"..."she was stood"........"I better see"......" Billy laughed Billy", I mean, come on! And, just how can you snap jovially?

There were sentences with words missing, so I had to read them again to see if it was me, or was it yet another error?

Shame. It could have been a good book with some editing/proofreading. Or even spell check/grammar check!!!

Alfie Tanner and the White Circle