on 20 October 2015
I have only flicked through this book, but that was enough for me to see how great it is! I worked in a year 3 class and then a year 5 class today (supply teaching) and used the game where all of the children in the class have to sit down, but if two or more people sit at the same time they all have to stand up and start over again- both classes LOVED it. Great for NQTs or new supply teachers like myself to add to the general bank of activities for those 5 minutes where you need something to keep the children busy. The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars was because experienced teachers might not find it as helpful.
on 17 January 2015
This is an absolute gem of a book, and it's not only for use in schools! I teach English to adults and I can tell you that these games go down brilliantly in practically all my groups.

Each game is briefly explained and if it's from a classic TV show its history is given, and often there's a link from the Kindle version to a website or other external source where you can find examples and templates. In most cases the author also offers simple tips to extend the game or make it more challenging/competitive/relevant.

I can't recommend this little book highly enough - 5+ stars!
on 26 April 2016
I'm just coming to the end of my PGCE PCET and I wish I'd had this book from the beginning. Some brilliant ideas for different activities and games to use in the classroom many of which could be used as a general starter to engage to the learners, others you could adapt to your own subject such as the quizzes, taboo, hangman etc. I'm currently doing my training teaching an Access to HE class and they really enjoy all these different activities so they can be used at any level. Have found many useful books from Mr Gershon and will definitely be keeping this one handy after I've qualified
on 17 September 2014
A useful tool for anyone wanting to jazz up their lessons or engage students. Some ideas are quite standard in lessons such as keyword bingo and dominos. However, I've bookmarked at least twenty ideas to use with my bottom set and there are a few games for re-energising that will definitely be used during double periods with my year 13s!
on 16 June 2015
If you are a student teacher or an NQT I would highly recommend this book.
If you’ve been around the (teaching) block there really is nothing new here (hangman, word search, word dominoes, anagrams etc.).
It might serve as a memory jogger though!
on 2 August 2014
Lots of good simple ideas to liven up your lessons! Quick and easy to follow instructions. Would definitely recommend to all teachers.
on 21 July 2015
Buy it! It's cheap and there are plenty of ideas to help you reward a great class and build a rapport with a not-so-good class :)
on 19 June 2014
A quick book to read which has great ideas and links to making your . Own resources and games a very useful book to have a hand
on 26 August 2015
I liked the fact it was brief and used popular TV show formats.
It only used a few original ideas.
on 15 March 2016
Great book for budding educators and experienced teachers alike