on 29 September 2015
I bought an anker charger cable for my iPhone 6 last month on the 9th of August, I decided to pay a bit extra on this cable than I could've done with some other cables because I read all the great reviews and no one seemed to have any problems with it. Recently, for the last week, my phone has been saying it can't support the charger and when it does work it charges very slowly and only if the cable is in a certain position. I would normally just repurchase the product as it lasted a month, but I didn't expect to pay extra and get the same thing as I have been doing, I don't want to have to be spending a lot on buying a new charger every month.
on 9 April 2016
I bought this cable 6 months ago as a replacement for the original cable supplied with my Ipad. For those 6 months it worked perfectly... charging as and when required. Then suddenly without warning. Nothing. ...nada..... zip.......diddly swat. No charging ability what so ever. It even had the audacity to say that this cable wasn't an apple.

No its an "Apple MFI Certified] Anker Lightning to USB Cable 3ft / 0.9m High-Lifespan Cable with Compact Connector Head for iPhone 6s / 6splus / 6 / 6 Plus / SE / 5s / 5c / 5, iPad / Air / Air2 / mini / mini2 / mini3, iPad 4th gen, iPod touch 5th gen, and iPod nano 7th gen (White)" to quality the info on Amazon.co.uk. so unless high life span is to be translated as 6 months max this product is not worth it. I won't be getting this again. And because it's out of the 30 days I can't return it either according to the returns policy!
Haven't had any problems with any other anker product, I have to say.
on 14 July 2015
Comes in lovely box and felt good quality, however after having it for a week it decides to stop working so you have to fiddle with cable position to get it to charge. Accidentally stepped on the lightening end bare foot whilst making the bed and it actually burnt my foot where it had gotten so hot! Quickly unplugged it now too worried to plug it back in!
on 8 October 2015
Ordered this item along with a longer length black one. Been using the black one since purchase but came round to using this one the other day and the product barely works. I get the accessory not supported message, sometimes straight away, sometimes once it's fully charged. Only one side of the cable works so I always have to put it in that way, if I don't twist it around it will sit in the phone and not charge. Overall just not up to the standard of other stuff from the same brand.
on 23 October 2015
Worked for a day, now works intermittently, if at all.
Used on iPhone 6s and iPod Touch 5th gen.
on 26 December 2015
After having some difficulty with this charger in the beginning Anker have issued me with a new charger that works really well. Of course there will be some defective products but Anker have been amazing at handling the issue.
on 29 February 2016
For a start the official iPhone cables suck! If they didn't come free with the phone i wouldn't bother at all they are overpriced and the quality is seriously lacking more precisely its durability.

That is where Anker came in.. with their 'extra durable' cables and very reasonable price. At first i was using the cable with an iPhone 5 and it worked great! The cable sleeving was nylon (or similar) covered and after multiple bending and use it held up great! Then after about 2-3 months of use it just stopped working for no reason at all! In all fairness Anker sent me another one with no quibble at all! this one worked but again after 3 months it started to become temperamental, unhappily waking up in the morning to find my phone almost dead. Following this anker happily sent me another cable which worked great for 6 months, then i changed my phone to an iPhone 6 and guess what... it stopped working! Another cable later and this time it didn't work at all! Getting very frustrated (all this time having to share my wife's charger) anker offered me a full refund or the choice to use their new premium cable, the only difference i can see is the cable sleeving is more latex based. I decided on the latter option based solely one their quite frankly excellent customer service. This cable i am still using to this day more than a year on.

On the whole I don't think anyone could be so unlucky as to need to replace a cable 5 times and so these cables certainly have issues and maybe that is reflected in the price. However, the customer service was impeccable and its nice to have piece of mind in a company that backs up its warranty.
on 14 January 2016
I believe anker is a great brand ... I bought many items and always been satisfied with the excellent quality. Unfortunately I didn't have the same experience with this cable... It stop working after 6 month... Very disappointed
Update review: I have been contacted by customer service that offer me a replacement. Maybe my cable was faulty but I had similar problem with the original Apple s cable. Still thinking Anker is a great brand and after my experience I trust this company even more. I definitely suggest to buy everything from this company !
on 17 April 2016
Updated (23/5/16) after Anker got in touch after I posted a 1 star review as the cable didn't work. They sent out a replacement of an updated model and this is working perfectly. 5 stars for their after sales service.

Original Review:

Bought on the basis that I have a number of Anker products and have always been pleased with them. Sadly this time this cable has turned out to be no better than any of the non-branded so called apple certified/compatible cables. It doesn't charge my iPhone or iPad no matter what charger I use and regardless of how long I leave the devices to charge. The Lightning plug does get warm which is unusual.

The only thing it does is not display is the dreaded "this cable is not compatible" message. A total waste of money.
on 2 July 2015
Works but is not lightening it takes hours to charge my iPad, situation resolved by Anker a new lead sent at no further cost to myself, works perfectly.