5.0 out of 5 stars A Satisfying Conclusion!, 29 Feb 2012
Until I read on the back of this book that it was the 3rd part of a 'story-arc' I simply thought I was reading a series of books. But true to its word this wraps up lots of ends, including a number that I hadn't even realised still needed resolving, and offers us a conclusion (though I'm sure many who read this will see ways to continue the story thread in the same way I have).

Rather like the first in the series, "Mountains of the Moon" features lots of time travel and it's sometimes difficult to keep a grip on what's happening (or maybe I should say WHEN it's happening), but all becomes clear in the end. It's all tied together with a Boy's Own type trek across jungles and deserts, with none of the resulting physical effects on the human frame being glossed over! Once again we're introduced to lots of real characters from history, including this time H G Wells and 'The Great Beast' himself, Aleister Crowley. I kept expecting to find out who 'The Beetle' was but that fact was not forthcoming - perhaps a revelation for a future novel?

Great stuff!! I look forward to Mr Hodder's next novel(s), whether they continues Sir Richard's adventures or introduce us to a new roster of characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear., 10 Feb 2012
The first book was great.The second was so,so.The third in the trilogy was terrible.I assume Mark Hodder did not know how to end this series, so he didn't.
Having conned many readers into thinking this was worth reading this series he,I assume,Has retired to Skegness.(N.E Lincs)Have a nice Candy Floss.
Jon.