Published 10 months ago by robby charters

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent novella but...
Excellent novella but don't waste your money on this. Get the collection "Awake in the Night Land" instead as that contains this story and others for only a little more money. The publisher has made the front covers and title suspiciously similar for both volumes.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd say those actions should speak for themselves as to how much I liked John Wright's work, 14 July 2014
robby charters (Lurgan, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awake in the Night (Kindle Edition)
This is the first part of a four novella series, which I downloaded for free. After reading it, I bought the full version containing all four novellas. After reading the second on in the series, I went to Gutenberg.com and downloaded William H. Hodgson's book, The Night Lands. I'd say those actions should speak for themselves as to how much I liked John Wright's work.

WIlliam Hodgson's Night Lands could be up there with Middle Earth and the Star Wars universe, except that Hodgson's narration of it is so difficult to slough through. John Wright has done an excellent job of moving it into public literary consciousness with his excellent writing -- much easier to read while still using grand literary style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent novella but..., 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Awake in the Night (Kindle Edition)

Awake in the Night