5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring and helpful book, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Anxiety: Panicking about Panic: A powerful, self-help guide for those suffering from an Anxiety or Panic Disorder (Panic Attacks, Panic Attack Book) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book to help me understand what I have been feeling and what to do about it. This is such a straightforward, helpful guide and the different sections make it really easy to find what you're looking for. The panic attack section is amazing- it's good to know I'm not alone and it's ok to have these thoughts. This book has changed my life!

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 4 Jun 2014
I have read a number of books on dealing with anxiety, and this is by far the best. I think it's maybe because it's an anxiety sufferer that's telling the 'story' of many of our lives. It feels personal, everything that is written makes sense. I found the emergency paragraph at the end of the book useful, since reading the book and using the techniques/advice I have found that I can stop my anxiety in its tracks before the onset of a huge panic attack, which is of course is what we are all aiming to do :-) Thank you to Joshua for writing the book, it has really helped me to start leading a 'normal' life again x

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 May 2014
My rating is 5 for the reason that I can relate to almost everything that has been said in the book. I noticed a lot of changes and always thought something must be wrong with me so I would go to the doctor and hear that nothing is wrong. I have experience these symptoms without knowing what is going on so when I was introduced to this book I thought definitely give it a go as I have had (what I thought at the time) depression.

Now I still struggle to put this book in action meaning on how to deal with anxiety but it did help me understand so much more of what is going on and I know how to control it a bit. No one really knows what I am experiencing as I don't talk about it and always think people will think that I want attention or it's just another thing again.

I constantly think and worry about everything but reading this book had given me a better view of how to improve on this. (Might read the book again so good)

I would personally like to thank you for writing this book as it's helped me so much and I do hope that it will help other people as anxiety is a scary thing to go through but I'm going to spread the word it might help someone that also doesn't share or talk about things.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wealth of fantastic information, 20 May 2014
In a world that is becoming ever more stressful and hectic panic attacks are becoming an all too common occurrence. As a former sufferer myself I can attest to the feeling of helplessness and fear that overcomes you when suffering from an attack, it is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. The root cause of my attacks was stress but other issues can be to blame such as a trauma suffered earlier in life. Whatever the cause there is help available and this book is on hand to offer some expert advice.

I really like the fact that this guide has been written by a fellow sufferer, it means that he has gone through the same issues I have but in the end found a solution which really motivated and inspired me. Instead of just listing some solutions the author has taken the time to discuss what is actually happening when we have an attack which I found to be really insightful. By understanding the issue it can seem less daunting and overwhelming which helps to contribute to your overall recovery making this section a must-read. As we progress through the book we get to the most important section which details the all-important advice for staying free of any panic attacks. The writing style for this section was perfect, everything was clear and concise allowing me to take on board the truly vital information. Each piece of advice was practical and easy to do, most importantly of all it actually worked. The number of attacks I have had has dramatically reduced and the ones I do have are easy to manage so long as I follow the instructions given. I literally take this book everywhere with me now!

Overall I have to say I owe a lot to this book. My life has improved greatly since implementing the advice and I can look to the future optimistically. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifeline for sufferers of extreme anxiety, 20 May 2014
I've suffered from anxiety to some extent all of my life, so approached this book with interest. I've read a few other books about anxiety over the years but nothing really helped. From the start this book seemed different, as it is written by a fellow anxiety sufferer.

The author writes with a down to earth and friendly manner which is easy to relate to. I particularly enjoyed reading the author's own story towards the end of the book which explains how his problems with anxiety developed.

All in all, I think this is an excellent book, packed full of useful information and with great strategies for dealing with this debilitating condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think it was possible to get better..., 14 May 2014
Helped from the flurry of the very first page! Inspired and well thought out, and structured in such a way to really help guide you to relief.
Anyone like me having suffered for such a long time and thought it just the norm for yourself, READ THIS! Such a joy to be on the road to anxiety-free life!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book!, 7 May 2014
Fantastic book!

I have at times felt uncomfortable and anxious (for use of a better word), and I have never been able to understand why.

This book is fantastically written, and I can associate with the author when he discusses certain scenarios.

Its reassuring to know that there are other people who understand this feeling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I've been looking for. Buy this book if you suffer from Anxiety!!!, 6 May 2014
This book has really helped me understand my anxiety and panic attacks. At times I felt let down by my Doctor, and left feeling like they hadn't understood what I was suffering with. It's a terribly condition that affects my life every single day.

This book has helped give me back some control. Half the battle was understanding what's actaully happening to me, and this book helped me do this in a way that was so easy to read and understand. You can tell the author really understands, and this only adds to the comfort I've been brought from reading this book.

I'd recommend this to anyone suffering from anxiety, or panic attacks, as well as those with friends, loved ones or colleagues that deal with this affliction.

I no longer feel so helpess

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this book incredibly useful and makes perfect sense, 30 Jun 2014
Paulo Rodrigues (London) - See all my reviews
I found this book incredibly useful and makes perfect sense. Early days for me yet, but I really believe the message from this book has cracked my anxiety problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend This, 17 Jun 2014
This book is a complete revelation. Having been a lifelong worrier, in times of life-changing events I have become locked in anxiety overload a few times. This book explains exactly what happens in simple terms and advises you how to deal with it. Such a relief to find that my symptoms are normal and completely harmless and the reassurance that they will go away is priceless. The emergency panic guide at the back is very well thought out and hugely comforting in times of great anxiety. I have recommended this to my doctor and any therapist I meet, along with all of my friends. Highly recommended.