5.0 out of 5 stars LG: Looks Great
Published 2 months ago by SpecialOrder937

1.0 out of 5 stars LG: Life's Good, telly's not.
Very disappointed. Switch the TV on 5 mins before you want to watch it. Command/remote control very slow. Call up the programme guide then put the kettle on by the time you get back it'll be there. Exaggeration but you know what I mean, the same with channel changing and all commands. It basically acts like a slow computer, making channel hopping frustrating...
Published 9 days ago by DEBORAH J GINN

5.0 out of 5 stars LG: Looks Great, 22 July 2014
SpecialOrder937 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The 42LB730V looks great. The silver metal bar that acts as a stand is simple yet elegant, and the frame and screen are nicely finished and look sleek and modern. The set comes with a standard remote, a Magic Remote and two pairs of 3D glasses. On the back pointing sideways are three HDMI ports and three USB ports. The headphone port is on the back right in the centre of the panel, which is awkward placement for such a port. Inside the frame are 2.1 speakers and built-in Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz).

In operation the HD picture is fantastic. The panel is an IPS type, so it gives you a wide range of viewing angles. It gets a little too glossy if near to a window, though it's not a deal-breaker. The 3D picture is great; in my opinion LG continues to be the brand to beat when it comes to 3D. The SD upscaling isn't the best I've ever seen, though it's more than acceptable. The online features also aren't the best I've ever seen, though they're still streets ahead of some other brands (such as Toshiba), giving you Netflix, YouTube, BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, Amazon Instant Video, Now TV, the LG Store and a web browser.

It's difficult to fault this TV set - apart from a few relatively minor things. The first is the fact that the BBC iPlayer app is finicky. I have the TV connected via Ethernet and still the app refuses to play sometimes (you cannot switch to the web browser since iPlayer gives you the message: "Sorry we do not support your device"). I don't know whether this is the fault of LG, the BBC or possibly my broadband provider. Secondly the menu system can be a little sluggish at times, giving you nothing but three rotating coloured spheres, especially just after you've switched the set on. Lastly the "Smart Sound Mode" produces some odd, irritating results, causing the volume to go up and down unpredictably, and it's best turned off.

Despite these things the 42LB730V is an excellent device. It has a whole host of desirable things you'd look for in a TV: excellent HD/3D picture, decent audio, an advanced remote control, built-in Wi-Fi, online features and good looks. The deficiencies I've mentioned are really only niggles, and for the price I doubt many people will be disappointed by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This TV is amazing, picture quality is 10/10 and the sound also ..., 9 Aug 2014
This TV is amazing , picture quality is 10/10 and the sound also 10/10 really load even when only put 15 on the volume.
Also the in built sub-woofer is great to,was relay worried about having a LED TV as all the comments about sound levels and tiny base you get from them but these TV like sitting in the cinema.

The colours from the TV are brilliant so life like , I would recommend turning the picture to movie mode as this is very close to a calibration disk I have with out all the messing around.

3D again 10/10 happy I did not spend on the extra for active glass watching films is just like at the cinema.
If you want the WOW effect when you first get it I recommend Our Universe in 3D its that good its like looking though a window in to space , made me smile few times now watching it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Universe-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B00FNLUO16/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__img_y

WiFi it works but did not pick up my 5Ghz WiFi only the standard 2.5Ghz .

Plays all formats though at it .MKV .DVIX .WMV

5.0 out of 5 stars Largely Great, 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: LG 47LB730V 47-inch Widescreen Full HD LED 3D Smart TV with webOS and Freeview HD (Electronics)
This TV is awesome! I researched a lot before purchasing this particular model and even then I was only going to go for the 42" but I fell in to the trap of thinking the 47" wouldn't be that big... I was wrong, but I still love it.

The picture quality is incredible especially when you remember this is a LED pushing nearly 50" where plasma has dominated for so long. The set itself is a piece of design beauty with the stand looking quite the part. I have read other reviews from both owners and critics saying they thought the speaker quality wasn't good, I haven't found this to be true in fact I find the audio quality quite clear and crisp considering the slim frame and I have not done any adjustments of settings.

The main reason I went for this set was for the smart features and the WebOS is a brilliant innovation to access content on a TV. I followed WebOS from it's infancy, from Palm who originally created the OS to HP who bought it because they saw the potential and finally LG. LG have I think finally found a great home for the OS. The magic remote handles very well and easily (anyone who's ever used a Nintento Wii, which I would imagine is most, will feel comfortable with it) navigates the cards and online features.

I haven't used the 3D features that much yet as I'm not that big a fan of 3D and it gives my partner headaches. I have tried out the glasses and find it gives great depth and almost enhances the colour and picture but that may be my mind making it up. Yet to watch and actual 3D film so will not say this is definitive of the 3D quality.

If I had to criticize one thing about the set it would be the lack of inputs with regards to HDMI inputs. Samsung use 4 on many of their sets and for good reason. My last set which was also an LG had 4 HDMI inputs. This only has 3 which means I have had to leave out one of my units, luckily that is only a chromecast but it still just something that bugs me personally. I also would think that if LG have gone to the effort to include bluetooth for the magic remote it would have been good to allow bluetooth sharing between devices, but there we are maybe I'm being picky.

Overall I am so impressed and happy with this set. It delivers in spades and it was well worth its price tag especially from amazon, I had seen the TV £300 dearer from other retailers.

Also a big thumbs up to Amazon, I ordered the TV on a Thursday night about 10. I opted for the standard free delivery 3 - 5 days, the set was dispatched Friday and I had it delivered Saturday morning. Amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Smart 3D TV, 24 Aug 2014
Lova - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This all singing,all dancing 3D Smart Led tv is a joy to view.It was very easy to set up on initial installation but I did use my THX tune-up app to make some very minor picture adjustments.The factory picture setting options should be ok in most viewing enviroments however.As with most modern TVs the speakers in this TV are only really acceptable when listening to speech so I have permanently connected the digital sound output to a Hi Fi.Having the headphone socket on the rear panel is not a good idea and if I was not using a separate amplifier I would have connected an extension lead to this socket.
2 pairs of passive 3d glasses are provided by LG and the resultant 3d picture is superb when viewing a high quality 3d source.
I was pleased that LG provide a "Magic" remote with this TV as the standard remote is too cluttered and a nightmare to use with the smart apps and the web browser.
The built in media player is excellent and every type of media file I have tried via a USB stick has played so far.If I encounter a file type in the future that is not supported I will add the info to this review.
Despite the slight concern about the sound quality we are enjoying this TV to the full.

1.0 out of 5 stars LG: Life's Good, telly's not., 13 Sep 2014

The TV guide is small and you keep having to scroll up/down and of course wait for the response.

Unfortunately for us we had to go away for two weeks the day after the TV was delivered so by the time we got back it was too late to send it back, we tried but the seller wouldn't accept it, even though we offered to buy a more expensive and superior Sony. So now we're stuck with the thing.

This TV is cheaper than it's counterparts for a reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like quality LCD at a great price, 3 Sep 2014
If you like quality LCD at a great price, look no further. I can't put it any simpler!

I did a lot of research and actually tested and returned two big name flat screens of similar size and facilities. The difference is as clear as this tv. I've never been happier. You need a tv that combines quality display with ease of use plus additions like functional passive 3D, web links and various connectivity access. It may not offer all your needs (Netflix without pay) but I struggle to fault what else this tv can do for you at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Samsung 40inch TV and the amazing 55inch sony w905 TV, 19 Sep 2014
Absolute stonker of a 42inch 3d television! Have Samsung 40inch TV and the amazing 55inch sony w905 TV. This blows away the picture quality of the Samsung and is definately on par with my sony. The picture quality on had is like watching programmes in 4k,it's that good. Don't normally write reviews but had to say that I think this set is faultless. So glad I bought this lg television set. Bought from Currys. I thoroughly recommend this TV.

3.0 out of 5 stars Below average sound, 24 Aug 2014
R. Kennedy "russ5940" (Blackburn, England) - See all my reviews
I've had this tv a couple of weeks.

Great design, great picture quality, but the sound quality is poor.

With all the different sound settings it's difficult trying to get a balance. Sky Sports news either sounds like it's coming through a mono speaker or you have cotton wool in your ears.

My previous Samsung bettered this for audio.

If anyone has sound setting recommendations let me know....

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D tv with awesome performance, 1 Aug 2014
I did a lot off homework before purchasing a 3D tv and it paid off. This tv is awesome. If you have a extra couple of 100 pound to spend I would recommend the lg 49 4k version. I hope this review helps you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sep 2014
Great TV, swift delivery.