‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great psychological thriller, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
The Edge of Sanity began with three different stories which became woven together by fear, greed and grief.

It was a tense story which not only had the thriller edge to it, but also delved into the psychological side of a family torn apart by a tragic event. Sheryl Browne has a style of writing that takes you effortlessly along, I really empathised with Daniel and the pressure his family were under, not just by past events but by what was happening to them right at that moment. The tension built up as Daniel was pushed further and further to the brink. I didn't know where the novel was going or how it was all going to pan out.

For me, a book that makes me want to keep asking questions and turning the page late into the night, is a winner - The Edge of Sanity certainly did this.

4.0 out of 5 stars What would you have done?, 25 July 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
Took a while to get into,wanted it to pick up pace, but you really needed to get into the minds of the two main caricatures. When it does get going it has you going through so many emotions, especially what you would like to do with the low life Charlie !! All in all not a bad book, ending had twists and turns so you didn't guess the outcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, you'll love it, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Paperback)
I loved this book, couldn't put it down. I was on the edge of my seat most of the time and had to keep reading to see what happened, even at 4 in the morning! I found myself really routing for Daniel, his wife Jo and his daughter. Buy it you'll love it. A thoroughly modern thriller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating from start to finish, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
This is a gripping story of normal, everyday lives interrupted by one terrifying moment. It depicts the depths of human emotion and how relationships can be broken or built from the ashes of tragedy. The tension builds as the story progresses and you can’t help but fall in love with the main characters and follow their path to the final thrilling conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spine Tingling Thriller, 21 May 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
An immature drug addict and pusher, Charlie Roberts, has the Conner family in his grip. Young and naive, Kayla, the Conner’s fifteen year old daughter falls for Roberts and he turns the family’s tragedies into nightmares when he kidnaps them.

Since the death of the Conner’s five year old daughter, Emma, one of them blames the other as the family unit falls apart. Daniel is not able to tell his wife, Jo, how much he loves her because he’s haunted by his childhood and the fact he was driving the car where Emma was a passenger. Jo turns to alcohol. Kayla is collateral damage.

Roberts goads and pushes Daniel to extremes both mentally and physically all the while taunting that he’ll do the unspeakable to Daniel’s wife and daughter. But the quiet unassuming Conner becomes the hero, even though he’s on the brink of a major psychological break.

I have been a Sheryl Browne fan for years. She totally amazes me as she builds her skills from book to book. This last offering is a spine tingling thriller. What’s next Ms. Browne? You’ll find this reader waiting to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down......, 19 May 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
I spent a good portion of yesterday reading this book (in between jobs & visiting), then having woken up in the early hours, began reading again until at around 4am I finished it. It was a very well planned and well written story - there are few authors who can hold my attention like this, but I really could not stop reading, feeling every emotion with Daniel and Jo......

I hope there will be a further thriller or even a sequel to this one............ Looking forward to reading more of the same...

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for The Edge of Sanity, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
Well, well well!! I have finished The Edge of Sanity and can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It held my interest all the way through and I looked forward to picking it up again each morning to continue with the story. I particularly liked the tone of language that the author used for the character ‘Charlie’ – really good – and DI Short reminded me of David Jason’s ‘Frost’ but perhaps that was just a coincidence. Where an earth did Miss Browne learn about all about drug use!!! – very graphic. I hope she didn’t have to resort to practical experience as part of her research.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Edge of Sanity by Sheryl Browne, 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Paperback)
Faced with the tragedy of losing their five year old daughter, Daniel and Joanne’s relationship is falling apart. Daniel keeps his feelings to himself, and Joanne is reaching for the bottle. Their teenage daughter Kayla is heading to go off the rails, and when she meet Charlie, a cokehead and all round not so nice character, she is about to lead the family into more danger.

This is a lot different from all the other Sheryl Browne books I have read, this is a psychological thriller, and it will have you gripped from the very start, with a really nasty psychopath of a villain, and the agony, pain, and torment of a family who have already gone through so much. Making this is superb plot leading up to an explosive conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Must To Read, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Kindle Edition)
I really wish i could give this book 10 stars it had me gripped all the way through and couldnt wait to pick it up the next time i read. So very different from all the other Sheryl Browne books iv read and i really do hope that we get a sequel. Sherly has shone through an absolutely fascinating story from beginning to end of things that happen in every day life but wrote it so keep us thrilled. Definately recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Edge of Sanity (Paperback)
I have never read any of Sheryl Browne's books before as I normally just stick to the authors I know and love. But I must say this book was gripping. I managed to read it in two days and I just couldn't put it down. This was a book that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck and puts you on the edge of your seat. Sheryl Browne seems to draw you into this book with its dramatic plot and you literally have no idea what is going to happen next. The characters were brilliant in this book, I felt like I knew them, Kayla even with everything going on is still that stroppy fifteen year old. Jo and Daniel are husband and wife who are going through some very real communication issues and of course Charlie well what can I say about him.... Well you will just have to read the book and make up your own minds....

A must read!