4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...
This is a review for the 2014 model Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Baby Monitor.
Published 8 months ago by R S

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems within 1 month of purchase
Published 7 months ago by CB

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
This is a review for the 2014 model Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Baby Monitor.
We have the old model from 2011 and were always very happy with it except that the power jack thingy got a loose contact very early on and the monitor randomly ran out of battery and started beeping, which was less fun in the middle of the night. So after resorting to hold it in place with sticky tape, we gave up and ordered this new version.
The good:
The power jack thingy is MUCH more stable as it cannot move in its little socket on the monitor.
The picture is clearer and so is the sound
The power cable of the camera is longer so easier to position high up

The bad: We have twins and so need two cameras. We naturally assumed that the new monitor would be compatible with the old cameras. It is not! And there is no Motorola MBP36S additional camera available as yet.
The movements are jerky and not smooth any more. I suppose this is due to the higher resolution. It annoys me but is no big deal I suppose.

Apart from that it has some clever new additions such as that you can have two camera displayed on one screen- except of course that there is no second camera that works with it :/

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems within 1 month of purchase, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
We bought this monitor in June 2014, worked perfectly for 3 wks and then we had problems with the night vision. We returned it to amazon and ordered a replacement and the same problem is happening again. We've contacted Motorola directly hoping for a solution, if we don't get it sorted, I'll be returning the second monitor and requesting a refund. This is far too expensive to be having problems within the first month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price - update - had to return, 3 Aug. 2014
******UPDATE******
Had to return this monitor 2 months after purchase because the viewer would not charge. Amazon exchanged the item immediately (excellent service! I had the replacement in 2 days). However I am having the same issue with the replacement product, a faulty connection for the charger, making the monitor unusable. Amazon are issuing a full refund.

Very happy with this monitor. The camera is excellent quality and the screen is nice and big. The battery drains quick enough, but we always leave the picture on rather than the sound, and it's to be expected that the picture will drain the battery quicker. The lead of the plug is very long, so the battery isn't an issue because of this. There is really good range on it too. I can bring it outside the house, hanging laundry and the signal is the same as inside. It's great having the room temperature on it, and love the zoom function.
I see an issue in the comments about seeing in to the crib. The camera needs height to see in to the crib. With the zoom function and quality of the picture, I can put the camera on our bookshelves and still get a great view of baby on the other side of the room. The camera doesn't need to be in the child's face to see she is okay.
The only annoying this about this monitor is where they put the power button on the viewer part, it makes it fiddly to turn on and off. This wouldn't stop me from recommending it though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this baby monitor, 23 Dec. 2014
AVOID!

I have now had to return THREE of these to amazon. The reason I have attempted to persevere with the product is that, if it were reliable, it would be a great baby monitor.

On each occasion the monitor has stopped charging after a period of time. Most recently the product failed after only 2 months. The power connection appears to be very fragile and unsuitable for something that is used daily. I have only used the monitor in the house and have taken good care of the unit so the product failure cannot be attributed to rough or inappropriate usage.

It seems this is a common problem from reading some of the other reviews.

Save yourself the time and buy another more reliable monitor.

Credit to Amazon who promptly replaced the faulty devices each time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor Broken After Four Months, 31 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
I have used this Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor for less than four months, initially I was very happy with the baby monitor until last week when the Motorola Video monitor started to become temperamental to charge. The connector for the charger cable has a loose connection so unless you hold it in your hand for the entire duration of charging it will not charge. This leaves me without a working video baby monitor - totally unacceptable. Seeing as the battery life of the Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor is not very good either this basically means that this £130 Motorola video baby monitor is not fit for purpose after less than four months of usage. Massively disappointed with the quality of this baby video monitor. I will have to contact Motorola and see if they will repair under the warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera function and like that I can move the ..., 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
Great camera function and like that I can move the camera view without going into the room, shame the battery does not last longer as only just manages an evening when I am down stairs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad wifi transmission, 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
Received very good sound, battery ok but wifi is very bad transmission. The manufacturer says "up to 200 m".
In my apartment transmit only 7 feet through two walls. How beyond this distance transmission is zero. I tested outdoors and beat only 24 m.
Report false.
A friend has Motorola MP36 without S and stay at the villa. I tested the product to him. Same results.

1.0 out of 5 stars If it worked it would be great. In 4 months we ve sent two units ..., 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
If it worked it would be great. In 4 months we ve sent two units back because it stopped charging. This is a poorly made product

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for it!, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
I decided to get this after many recommended it to me. Read on a blog that this was the newer version of the MBP36... It came exactly as described in the details and presented in the picture. Very high quality... still haven't used it for long! So I'm not sure about durability, but so far so good! Definitely recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but room for improvement!, 19 Nov. 2014
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
After lots of research we decided to purchase this monitor. I've never owned done so I can't compare, but I'm really pleased with the look and functionality of this one. Overall it's a great monitor that delivers a clear sound and picture. Easy to install, monitor is already paired so no headache getting it setup.

The night vision gives a clear image and having the zoom and remote control is so easy. I think the temperature indicator is a bit off, but we haven't had the heat on yet, so I can't comment on that with full confidence.

We are using the monitor during the day and at night and being able to see my newborn gives me the reassurance I need. Super happy with the results and performance so far.

Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor