4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...
This is a review for the 2014 model Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Baby Monitor.
Published 12 months ago by R S

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money
Less Than 4 months after buying this, the parent unit will not charge.
At £30 a month, this is daylight robbery.
Amazon say it's outside the return window.
Not fit for purpose. Don't waste your money.
Published 6 months ago by Miss M Long

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
This is a review for the 2014 model Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Baby Monitor.
We have the old model from 2011 and were always very happy with it except that the power jack thingy got a loose contact very early on and the monitor randomly ran out of battery and started beeping, which was less fun in the middle of the night. So after resorting to hold it in place with sticky tape, we gave up and ordered this new version.
The good:
The power jack thingy is MUCH more stable as it cannot move in its little socket on the monitor.
The picture is clearer and so is the sound
The power cable of the camera is longer so easier to position high up

The bad: We have twins and so need two cameras. We naturally assumed that the new monitor would be compatible with the old cameras. It is not! And there is no Motorola MBP36S additional camera available as yet.
The movements are jerky and not smooth any more. I suppose this is due to the higher resolution. It annoys me but is no big deal I suppose.

Apart from that it has some clever new additions such as that you can have two camera displayed on one screen- except of course that there is no second camera that works with it :/

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
Less Than 4 months after buying this, the parent unit will not charge.
At £30 a month, this is daylight robbery.
Amazon say it's outside the return window.
Not fit for purpose. Don't waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera function and like that I can move the ..., 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
Great camera function and like that I can move the camera view without going into the room, shame the battery does not last longer as only just manages an evening when I am down stairs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems within 1 month of purchase, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
We bought this monitor in June 2014, worked perfectly for 3 wks and then we had problems with the night vision. We returned it to amazon and ordered a replacement and the same problem is happening again. We've contacted Motorola directly hoping for a solution, if we don't get it sorted, I'll be returning the second monitor and requesting a refund. This is far too expensive to be having problems within the first month.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two faulty units, 30 April 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
As with other reviewers the unit stops charging. This has happened on two seperate units. Ended up requesting my money back and going with the Which Magazine recommended Luvion Supreme Connect (also available on Amazon) and have not looked back, superior in every way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 May 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
I read a lot of positive reviews about this baby monitor online so I bought one for my coming baby. I have already tested it and find very helpful. The screen is very clear and night vision is a bonus. The remote is very handy and you can rotate screen up, down, left and right. I definitely recommend this baby monitor to any parent who are looking to buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for it!, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
I decided to get this after many recommended it to me. Read on a blog that this was the newer version of the MBP36... It came exactly as described in the details and presented in the picture. Very high quality... still haven't used it for long! So I'm not sure about durability, but so far so good! Definitely recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Falls apart very quickly - avoid, 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
I bought this from Toys R Us and to be honest the monitor was not too bad when I first turned it on. No way is the video 25 FPS though; more like 15 FPS even when the monitor is in the same room as the camera. In night mode the FPS drops even further to around 10 max I would say.

The battery life is absolutely atrocious, it takes an age to be fully charged but won't even last an hour once charged so it has to be constantly plugged in.

The issue I have now is that the charging port is no longer working unless the cable is pushed back which makes this unit pretty awful. £130 for something that lasted 3 months is a disgrace! This is a baby monitor, you're going to plug/unplug is as you move about so the power connector HAS to be strong enough to survive longer than this one has!

Am taking this back to the store to get a replacement as I'm still under warranty. Hopefully they'll give me a different monitor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good on paper but after receiving two defective units in a row, I wouldn't waste my time again., 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
We were extremely disappointed by the quality of the unit. The ports on the device appear flimsy and within 5 months the monitor just stopped charging overnight. We returned the unit after Motorola deemed it defective and received a replacement unit only to find that the microphone on the camera was defective and could barely be heard on the parent monitor. In addition the pan/tilt functions couldn't be more frustrating, the camera responds extremely slowly and sometimes not at all. Lullaby function is useless as you can't control the volume. I'd also say the interface is badly designed without dedicated volume etc. On the positive side, the audio and video were reliable (before receiving the defective unit with broken mic) and worked throughout our apartment.

Overall I couldn't be more disappointed by the quality control from a big brand like Motorola.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very very disappointed!, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)
Very very disappointed with this product. The monitor’s resolution isn’t anywhere near as clear as I thought it would be, even in a well-lit room. The monitor doesn’t tilt down enough when placed level with the top of a cot-bed, I’ve had to mount the monitor on a wall which works OK but not what I wanted. The Infrared Night Vision was one of the main reasons I purchased this particular monitor and it’s useless, it doesn’t stay on, one minute you can see and then you can’t. It’s very frustrating when your child is crying and suddenly you can’t see. So that’s the monitor, sadly I’m also very disappointed with the portable parent unit, when do you typically want to use the monitor? At night maybe… so why are there no LED lights on the buttons? You can’t see them at all and it doesn’t help that the arrow keys (in my opinion) are not in the correct order with up and down at the top and not at the bottom.

Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor