Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 9 December 2014
After purchasing one of the ASUS ROG G750JH-T4188H from Amazon I was very impressed with the quality of graphics on the full HD 17.3” screen. The Blu-ray player and all round feel of the Notebook was superior to other gaming brands I have tried previously such as MSI and Alienware. 100% customer satisfaction!
on 18 July 2014
Wonderful machine. Ordered from Amazon, came exactly on date.

By now I have tried Assassin's Creed IV and Battlefield 3, both on max settings. Runs perfectly smooth at steady fps and the machine barely heats. Had a few issues with Windows 8.1 update, but the solution is perfectly googlable.
I would recommend this laptop for enthusiastic gamers
on 28 April 2014
I didn't buy this from Amazon but nonetheless thought I'd share my experience with shoppers

Having previously had a custom built gaming laptop from a UK vendor, I knew more or less what to expect with a machine of this spec. It is heavy granted but you don't buy these things expecting them to be one-handed carry items. The pros far outweigh the disadvantage of weight.

It is fast, really fast - raided SSDs, a really quick processor and memory, even the secondary 1tb hdd is pretty good. The GPU is great - I play GW2 and CIV5 as well as a few other Steam games and most can be played with max settings. The great thing about the laptop design is that even when stressed, the cooling system is the quietest I've known for a laptop of this level. A big plus for me personally.

Some reviews have commented on lack of wifi strength - so far I've had no issues in this respect.

The screen is a beautiful thing too, plenty bright enough for games although not tried any films yet so can't comment on the trueness of blacks etc.

The all alu keyboard surround and palm rest is very nice, feels quality, as do the keys when used. Trackpad is also impressive with multifinger input that works surprisingly well. A nice touch is that you can set this to be disabled when a mouse is plugged it - helps a lot when typing!

Battery life is,.. well it's a gaming laptop so it's never going to be great, and who'd use it unplugged anyway?

I was in two minds when I bought this as had a lot of other options, but I'm glad I bought it in the end. Hope this helps people in a similar situ.
on 22 May 2014
I'd been looking for a while at a desktop replacement which I wouldn't be replacing in a hurry and it came down to this or an Alienware17.
I've owned a number of Asus products in the past, GPU's Mobo's and and laptops and they've always been great, never a problem. (I know this is no guarantee of future products but you do tend to go by your experience).
Anyway my ageing F3J, although still working fine just won't deal with alot of modern software any more and my Crosshair Desktop is equally finding things a struggle, especially more modern game titles.

Since I've only had it a couple of days This is more of a initial observations than an in-depth review.
Some random points

Windows 8.
First time using it, updated to 8.1 and yeah it's a bit different but then so was 95 over 3.1x .Either you like it or not. doesn't really matter.

Hard Drives
This laptop has SSD although I hadn't realised it's actually 2 128gb SSD's not one 256gb one. Doesn't matter to me but might to someone.
GPU
This unit has the GTX780. I looked at the newer version with the 8 series but all the reading I could find seemed to suggest that there wasn't enough of a benefit in going for the 880 given how much extra it costs.
Memory
Again, it's got 16GB memory and while this is unnecessary, as I mentioned I don't intend replacing this any time soon so think of it as future proofing. I'm also hoping to get some image and video editing done so certainly it's not going to hurt. Added to that, even right in the middle of any game I've thrown at it so far, I can close the lid and it's in sleep mode in about a second and a half. Doesn't take that much longer to start up again once you open the lid too, straight back into whatever you left of at. No stuttering, buffering. Certainly this is the case with Borderlands 2 and Skyrim with all the settings at max (!).

Chassis,screen noise etc...

It's heavy. Not uncomfortable sitting on your lap heavy but noticeable when you stand up after a few hours on your lap heavy.
Feels a nice solid build with a brushed aluminium top of the keyboard. Hinge on the lid feels nice and resistive although only time will tell if it eases any.
It's not the quietest either. There are a couple of big fans in there keeping everything cool although it's not much louder than my old laptop so it doesn't bother me.
I've not played for hours on end so I can't attest to how hot it gets but Id' imagine it might be on the verge of uncomfortable at full load for hours on end, in particular on the left hand side, where the GPU is I assume.

Cons.

The brushed topsheet picks up fingerprints very easily. Thats just the finish I suppose. It'll either bug you or not.
As this is the assassins creed 'version' the logo is on the topsheet under the direction buttons. Unfortunately it's etched into the alu so short of painting it out you're left with it. Again it'll bug you or not.

The power connector is really short, that is the metal plug piece that goes into the actual body. Because of this you can wiggle it side to side a bit . Given how chunky it is it'd be easy to catch it and pull it out which might cause issues on the inside? as long as it's pushed all the way in it seems ok.
Thats probably my biggest gripe.
on 23 March 2015
I have been an avid gamer for over 20 years, this is my first time using a gaming laptop with any kind of decent spec and it has pretty much blown me away. Really happy with the machine, everything about it feels and look good quality.

There are a couple of negatives, firstly windows 8 is really annoying, I have spent most of my time trying to work out how to do simple tasks, even shutting it down and logging in is horrible. But I feel it unfair to mark the computer down based on my feelings about windows 8. Secondly as mentioned by others it is heavy for a laptop which would limit it's mobility, frankly this doesn't bother me in the slightest but I am sure it will some.

Otherwise this machine is a beast and exceeded my expectations by a long way, it's just been a few days but so far ir does everything faster and better looking than my desktop (which isn't top of the range but is a reasonable spec).
on 2 September 2014
Totally satisfied with this product. No issues so far and anything I've tried on it worked at it's best. I would definitely recommend :)
on 2 December 2013
pros: great processor (i7 4th gen)
good amount of RAM (8gb)
pretty good graphics card
league of legends plays at constant 60fps at ARAM with good graphics, which if you are into that stuff you know that it is pretty good
really good ventilation
really good price for what you get

cons:weird design, but easily getting used to
on 7 April 2015
Perfect, amazing performance, beautiful screen, very good sound. I can recommend it to everyone.
on 11 April 2015
Certainly lived up to the spec, heavy yet robust, powerful and quiet
on 15 June 2015
As I was expecting, An amazing laptop (huge but still amazing)!!!