5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Love it

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not very good screen resolution
Published 3 months ago by A. M. Seaton

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not very good screen resolution, 14 Oct. 2014
A. M. Seaton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Huawei MediaPad M1(Genuine UK Stock) 8-inch UK 4G Tablet, ARM 1.6GHz Quad Core Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB Storage and MicroSD up to 32GB, 5mp and 1mp Camera - Grey (Personal Computers)
Having gotten this free as part of a phone upgrade I would describe it as 'ok'. I do have other (more expensive) tablets and compared to them the screen resolution and clarity of the M1 leaves a lot to be desired. It is not a premium product and it shows. It feels solid and well put together but there are lots of little niggles. For example text has a slightly moth eaten appearance, screen refresh rate is slow and when flicking through PDF pages there is about a half second lag before text comes into focus which is quite irritating. The pinch to zoom seems to happen randomly and you can't 'unpinch?' to get it back to the correct size. The pictures that it takes are very basic. etc etc
On a better note it seems to render internet pages quite quickly and having the ability to put a SIM card in at some point is a bonus.
I think as a back up tablet to take on holidays it will be fine but if I was going to buy a basic tablet like this and I had a choice I probably would have a good look at other ones with better resolution before purchasing

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Love it, 30 Dec. 2014
Love it! Love it! Love it! Having broken the screen on my 2012 Google Nexus 7 I was struggling to find a new tablet with similar capability. The Pad came "unlocked" so my current micro sim fitted straight in and connected straight away. I have ordered my micro SD card which will give me 32gb. The screen resolution is lovely and the Pad feels lovely. I was able to easily set the whole thing up with no hassle at all. For those who want handbag size but find a seven inch slightly too small (oo'er missus!) then the 8" Pad is a lovely step up in size. More good points - the battery life is fantastic! It's rare for day to end with less than 60% of the battery left. The other thing is that the two front facing speakers give a very good sound and a decent volume. The Pad feels robust, which is good, and accessories (screen protectors and cases) are available. Very happy with my purchase. Good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cool device for daily use with good battery life and quality., 23 Jan. 2015
the item was as described in the amazon site.
it is a very good device for daily use, and the battery backup is good enough to run for two days on an average (running wifi, internet, games, fb etc)

there is a slight delay (ignorable) while opening apps, which could be a problem with android 4.2

checked for the upgrade to 4.4, not yet available. awaiting for that

Looking like a metalic device, made of nice quality material...screen attracts oil so may have to buy a guard.

front cam is not up to the mark, though they say it is 2 mp..but fare enough for a video chat :)

hope this helps...cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Sept. 2014
really like it and its as responsive as my old ipad

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sept. 2014