Seven years ago Sienna Flower ran away from her life, and everything she knew and transformed herself into the hottest stripper in town. No one will ever know the real Sienna, apart from her best friend Asher Peterson. She needs to keep it this way, if anyone finds out about her secret past they will all be in danger.
Even though she doesn’t like to get too close to anyone, Sienna has a lot of love to give and is a very caring person. She meets Staci at the Cats Meow, she takes her under her wing and they quickly become good friends when Sienna gets her a job at Electric Tunnel.
Just as Sienna meets Carson Graham and begins to let him get closer than anyone ever has, she fears that her past is catching up with her when she discovers she is being hunted.
Sienna’s journey starts as broken, frightened young girl that escaped from a terrible life, but turns it around and becomes a strong confident woman.
Although I liked this book, I found the characters a little hard to connect with at first, but I think this is more due to the fact that I’m not used to this style of writing rather than the story itself.
I loved the friendship between Sienna and Asher and how he always tried to protect her no matter what.
There were some exciting parts of the book with twists that I wasn't expecting. I did get a little bit frustrated at one point though because I expected, and wanted a different reaction from a certain character, especially given their background and the type of person they are being described as throughout the book.
I thought overall it was a very sweet story, which I wasn't really expecting from a book about a stripper. There were some pretty hot sex scenes too which I loved!
I can't wait to find out more about Asher in Smouldered.
on 30 July 2014
4.5 stars
Reviewed by Stacey for Kelly's kindle konfessions

This book follows Sienna and Carson. Sienna is a stripper who is running from a past that she doesn’t want catching up with her. Carson is an ex fbi agent turned private investigator who goes to the strip club to relax. However he becomes so drawn to Sienna that he returns whenever he can.

Sienna isn’t just her stripper persona, it’s who she has become. She has a select few people that she is close too. These relationships, especially between her and Asher, and her and Mike are lovely to read. You can tell that they both love her and have a need to protect her. Enter Carson, he is working on a case that he needs a break from so he visits the strip club that Sienna works at. He wants to know her, he is drawn to the innocence that she possesses.

Carson wants to get to know Sienna, she is the first woman that he can see himself wanting more with. He never thought he would want anything more than a one night thing with anyone. Sienna doesn’t want people to know her past and she finds that she doesn’t know how to be the girl without the past and persona. But she is intrigued by Carson and finds herself letting down her barriers with him.

Carson and Sienna go out on a few dates that soon becomes more, but just when it looks like Sienna can have the happy ending that she wants, it seems her past is there to catch up with her. There is someone following her, she doesn’t know who, but Asher, Mike and Carson will do everything that they can to protect her.

There is a few twists in the story that keep you drawn in the story and waiting for more. I loved Sienna and Carson, but you also can’t help but love Asher and Mike. This is a fantastic read that once started can’t be put down.

Well done Rachel Blaufeld on a gripping read. I look forward to reading Asher’s book.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This book was gifted to me by the very lovely writer for honest review.

I've not read anything else from this author unless she writes under a different name, which I highly doubt cause the writing style was quiet unique. She took a great deal of time to give you info on the main character, her live style and felt I got to know her before the story started, which was a very refreshing start to a book.

The main man in the book was not controlling or pushy, he knew when to back off so the story could develop, he never tried to overpower the woman or dictate to her in anyway, the story for all these positive did therefore seem to have a slow start and I did at one stage debate if I wanted to continue, but decided to stick with it and glad I did, cause I really found myself absorbed into the book before I knew it and found it very hard to put down for the few times I needed too.

Don't try to do what most people are doing with romance/erotica.......this is no 50 Shades! But enough for me, I like to add in my own thoughts to the story or how i grasp the book to be, but simply get a nice comfy chair, and curl up for a what day is it today or so......I read fairly fast! And just enjoy, I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
on 17 September 2014
I generally don't write reviews but felt compelled to with this book. The plot shows potential but this book is in need of a really good edit. It's slow and very repetitive. The second chapter starts 24 hours earlier but is basically a repeat of the first chapter, so it's completely pointless and unnecessary. I found myself skimming pages to reach the end, as it was really beginning to frustrate me reading things that had already previously been told in the story! The authors writing is promising but in general I was really disappointed with this novel and would not recommend.
on 4 September 2014
I feel like the odd one out here as all other reviews are 4 & 5 stars, so please bear in mind this is just my opinion. Clearly, many people enjoyed this book very much. For me there was too much inner monologue and repetition of facts about the characters. It felt quite slow paced too. On a positive note it dealt sensitively with a very traumatic issue and the author did this well. The characters were likeable. Good secondary characters too. But, for me there wasn't enough conversation between them. Sorry, just not for me. But again, it's just my personal opinion.
on 2 August 2014
I came across this book by mistake and downloaded a sample as I've read a few predictable books lately. Once I'd finished it I had to know more! This story was quite slow to begin with and some things I figured out, having said that I could not put it down once it really got going! Not your usual predictable alpha meets weak female at all. This story had drama, passion and was well written. The other characters were also really great. I feel this author could write about them all. I look forward to Ashers story.
Five stars!
My Review

rating
4 out of 5

I received this arc in exchange for an honest review

This is the debut book for this author.

I found this to be a romantic but very erotic read, and it was really good.

Two broken people come together and in a way fix each other, it really truly was an amazing read.

Congratulations to Rachel for producing a very good debut book.