5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic YA Series!, 22 May 2014
Lynn Worton (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fruit of Misfortune (The Creatura Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book in the Creatura series. I LOVED IT!

Isis Martin is not a normal teen. After finding out that she is a Creatura - a being created when an immortal and a human have children - Isis is determined to track down her father to find out what she is transforming into.

I have been dying to read this book ever since I read Creatura, and went into shock after the cliffhanger at the end of the book (my jaw literally dropped and I had to re-read the ending three times!). It has been a long wait, but it was SO worth it! The story actually starts right where the last book ended and continues with Isis and David travelling to Greece to track down her father, S. Leumas. I loved Isis when I met her in the first book. However, I did want to smack her a few times for the way she treated David on occasion in this book. I don't think she appreciates or realises the depth of the sacrifice that David has made. That being said, she is madly in love with him. It was also wonderful to meet David's family again. The Chios clan are a formidable, but loving, bunch. There were also a few new characters added into the mix, but none more compelling than Eros. Eros is also an immortal and David's best friend. He is very charming, and just like his name suggests, is the god of affection and desire. He too succumbs to Isis's charms, and I think he genuinely falls for her himself. The story is another emotional roller coaster ride; I shed more than one tear in places. However, there is a little less romance and more adventure, as the time ticks down to Isis's and David's transformation. I found myself hooked from the first page, and read the book in one sitting. There are several twists and turns that kept me riveted, and one large one near the end that I did not see coming. I am a little disappointed that there were none of David's poems in this story, but I suppose that there was too much going on for any. The end of the story does not finish in another shocking cliffhanger, but I am looking forward to reading the next book as soon as possible.

Nely Cab has written a fast paced YA series with a uniqueness I love; her imagination seems to know no bounds. I love her writing style and the story flowed wonderfully. She already is on my Favourite Authors list.

I highly recommend this book if you love YA or Paranormal Romances. - Lynn Worton

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 1 May 2014
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I was really excited by this book from the start. This sees David and Isis heading to Greece in search of Isis's biological father who might be able to help them understand what is happening to both of them in the transformations. We meet Eros, David's best friend but he has plans of his own that involve Isis and threatens to break David and Isis apart. So many things we happening that i couldn't put it down. They meet a few new characters along their travels, some that help but some that are against them and it was hard at times for me to know who they should be trusting. In the first book, it did feel like the book was taking a while to get going but this book, was on the ball all the way through. I ended up reading it in a day and i have the taste for the story and i can't wait to see what is in store for David and Isis next. Without giving the ending away, the book left it at a time where anything can happen next, that i'm not even sure how the next book will start. Loved the book, characters and everything in between. A fantastic read.