5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!!!!!
BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!
Lily it back and fighting and in my eyes won.
This album is full of catchy songs.
My favourites are L8 CMR, URL Badman, Close your eyes, As long as I got you.
Published 9 months ago by =====================

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheeky Sheezus
I'm a fan. I enjoyed this but I feel it is over produced. Perhaps to distract from a certain sameness across the songs? Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh cos it is witty, well written, cheeky etc-all the things Lily is loved for, but it just left me feeling a bit flat, which the first two albums didn't.
Published 4 months ago by baz123

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!!!!!, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!
Lily it back and fighting and in my eyes won.
This album is full of catchy songs.
My favourites are L8 CMR, URL Badman, Close your eyes, As long as I got you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album, but not quite as good as the previous two., 10 Nov. 2014
Bearman (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sheezus (Deluxe Edition) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
If you liked Lily's previous two albums, it's a fairly safe bet that you will like this one too. There are some catchy tracks, dripping with Lily's trademark attitude (and language). Some tracks are funny, others are a tongue in cheek attack on people (types of) that she clearly detests (keyboard warriors/trolls for example). All tracks bear Lily's brutal honesty. My only issue is that this album lacks the variety of styles that the previous ones displayed, which made them so entertaining. The track "Somewhere only we know" stands out as being very different to the rest of the album. It is a beautiful song that is perfectly suited to her voice, but even if you did not know the original version, it is clear that it is not written by the same person as the rest of the album. And this is where I have to drop one star: although there is variety on this album, the tracks are a bit samey, in a way that the first two albums were not. Don't get me wrong, I love this album, but I am a tiny bit disappointed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a listen, it's amazing!, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
An album definitely worth listening to and totally underrated, brilliant body of work! I was lucky enough to even have seen her at the Sheezus Tour and she was stunning live too, give it a listen!

1. Sheezus 10/10
An explosive song to start off the album, a club banger that you'll love on a first listen

2. L8 CMMR 10/10
A great sing along track which works really well on the album and being the second track in

3. Air Balloon 9/10
Not one of my favourites and definitely shouldn't have been a single as it was probably annoying and off putting haha! But if it's your kind of thing you'll like it, the beat is great

4. Our Time 10/10
Sounding like songs updated and modernised from her previous albums, pulled it off incredibly well

5. Insincerely Yours 10/10
Great hooking lyrics and melodies, one you'll love

6. Take My Place 10/10
Amazing song about a very personal and sad experience in her life, the lyrics speak volumes!

7. As Long As I Got You 10/10
A hot country flavoured track. One to listen to in the summer with the car windows wide open, the bigger and better sister to Not Fair

8. Close Your Eyes 9/10
A slow and seductive song, one that will grow on you

9. URL Badman 10/10
An album single, interesting lyrics and amazing instrumental. Love it

10. Silver Spoon 10/10
One of my favourites from the album, definitely deserves more credit

11. Life For Me 9/10
This also grew on me and I now enjoy it much much more than I did at first

12. Hard Out Here 10/10
Lily's comeback single, AMAZING! Instant classic

*Deluxe Edition*

13. Wind Your Neck In 9/10
Features male vocals similar to that in Knock 'em Out from her 2006 album Alright, Still. A really good track which could easily have been a standard track

14. Who Do You Love? 9/10
I really do enjoy this track, you can easily sit back and sing along to it and relax. Great!

15. Miserable Without Your Love 10/10
Lily's favourite on the album and I can see why, a slow ballad type song which is a+

16. Holding On To Nothing 7/10
My least favourite song, it's good but not as much as the rest. Worth a listen though

17. Somewhere Only We Know 10/10
The only number 1 single from this album, everyone loves it! Classic song originally and Lily did it justice!

4.0 out of 5 stars great new album, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
brilliant loved it just want more can't wait for the next one as usual not one for the kiddies to listen to

4.0 out of 5 stars Some excellent songs. Some annoying, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Deluxe Edition) [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Some excellent songs. Some annoying. Not a strong as the earlier albums. Some of the music isn't poppy enough to get you past some of the purile words. However some songs are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a load of this. Fans will love it, everyone should hear it, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
I am a massive fan if this album. If you already like L.A. then you will like this. But I would recommend anyone to give this a listen. Folk can moan of any artist that all there tracks sound the same but I really feel there is some diversity to the tracks on this almbum. There are a lot of fun funk and sexy tunes here. This really is a five star in my opinion but then I have enjoyed previous albums. This is never out my car player currently and makes the rush hour a pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the Year 2014, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
Worth the 5 year wait...? Yup! Maybe I'm biased but I love this chick. Sadly this album although hit Number 1 it has not got it's due. Some incredible songs like the personal "Take My Place", the chilled vibey "Our Time" and the groovy "Miserable Without Your Love" - all make this my Top pick of the year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lily's third album: still as distinctive as ever!, 5 May 2014
M. Thornton (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
Lily Allen's third album is loosely similar to its predecessors in that it contains a mix of musical styles and influences, with upbeat punk pop style tracks alongside smoother more R&B and trip-hop sounding grooves. The airy dreamlike production perfectly complements Allen's distinctive vocals and the lyrics are just as biting as ever. Allen's take on internet trolls ("URL Badman") is particularly topical, not to mention sexism in the music industry ("Hard Out Here") and the superficial nature of celebrity ("Insincerely Yours"). But there's also another side to this album: Allen has become a wife and a mother since her last release and she's as refreshingly honest about this as she is about everything else, for example singing "When I'm standing out / In my underwear / I know that I've let myself go / But I still feel sexy / When you undress me." ("Close Your Eyes").

Lily's distinctive style and originality is here in abundance and musically there is a lot to like here, though the lyrics are occasionally a little cheesy. If you liked her first two albums then you should definitely give Sheezus a listen. An enjoyable maturation of her earlier sound.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheeky Sheezus, 23 Nov. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
Yes it's Lily Allen and it's ok.