5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package
I ordered this for above my garage door, which is facing the sun for most of the day.

I must say when it arrived I was a little concerned that it might not be suitable, due to its small size. It is not much larger than the palm of your hand, and the lights themselves are 4 tiny little LEDs, which I thought could never produce much light.

I charged it...
Published 8 months ago by Smokey

2.0 out of 5 stars It worked for a few weeks but when the clocks ...
It worked for a few weeks but when the clocks went back (UK winter time) it stopped working. I think it needs bright direct sunlight during the day to recharge.
Published 5 months ago by bistolpete

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: SolarCentre ECO Wedge Solar Motion Welcome Light (Garden & Outdoors)

I charged it for 3 full days in the lovely blistering sun we have had this September, then mounted it above the garage door.

Darkness fell, and I went out to test it. I was shocked at how much light it produces, it really does outperform for the size of the little LEDs, very impressive. It bathes an area in a nice soft light, plenty enough to see what you are doing coming and going from the garage at nighttime. The LEDs are that bright that they are not comfortable to look directly at when they are on.

So if you are in any doubt as to whether this would do a job for you, I say BUY AWAY, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy little solar powered light for adding illumination to particular spots..., 25 April 2015
Chris Hall "DLS Reviews" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:03 Mins

The Amir 'Upgrade 8' Outdoor LED Motion Sensor Light is a small, wireless and easy-to-fit motion-detecting outdoor light. Furthermore, the light is 100% solar powered, therefore once you've screwed it to the wall, you won't need to do anything more. Quite literally 'job done'.

The light is particularly small, measuring just 14cm x 10.5cm x 4cm (approx.). Accordingly, the light doesn't have too much of a dominant presence on an outdoor wall, and instead offers a moderate amount of lighting without becoming a particularly noticeable or garish feature. This makes the light ideal for placing around the side of a garage or along a wall, above your home's number plate, or (as we have done) to help illuminate a side pathway where it can be quite tricky to negotiate a corner in the dark.

Installation is a doddle. After unpacking the light, you'll need to activate the device by turning on the internal battery. This is done by using a small, paperclip thin 'key' (comes included) which is inserted into a small hole on the front of the light (see video). Once this is done, it's merely a case of marking-up where you want the light to go, drilling two holes, and then screwing in the light (screws and rawl plugs come included).

When it gets dark outside, the light's sensor is triggered, turning the light on to a permanent 'dim' mode until it either picks up some motion or it gets light again. This means that at night the light always illuminates the area a very small amount, making it a bit of a security deterrent.

Should the light pick up some motion, it will go from 'dim light' to 'bright light' and remain on this bright setting for around one minute (approx.). The light seems to pick up motion from around 2 - 3 metres away, and seems quite sensitive (see video) however, this will vary depending on how high up you place the light etc.

The amount of light that it provides when on its 'bright' setting (i.e once triggered by the motion detector) is certainly enough to be able to see a pathway, hedge, and negotiate a corner with. It's not necessarily bright enough to act as a main security light for illuminating a driveway, nor will it really help with seeing further than within the immediate 2 - 3 meter vicinity. It's just not the sort of light to produce such illumination. However, for adding some illumination to a particular spot or passageway, the light is absolutely ideal.

We've had the LED light for just over two weeks now and I have to say both my wife and I are more than happy with it. It illuminates just the right amount for our needs, it doesn't look too dominant on our wall, it's incredibly hassle free, and it seems to take enough power from the daylight hours to keep working most of the night long (if not all of it). Very very happy.

PLEASE NOTE: The product was provided to me free of charge for a 100% unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened by Solar, 25 Aug. 2014
S. G. Lawton "steve lawton" (nth yorks) - See all my reviews
Ordered one of these from the solar centre, can't believe how quickly it arrived. I chose a solar light to replace a powerful security light that was on and off several times a night as people walked down a lane adjacent to my garden, all adding to the cost of my electricity bill. Although the dimensions of the light were given on the web site, I was still surprised how small it was. I was sceptical as I took it out of its box that it wouldn't be up to the job, but I was so wrong. As darkness falls a soft glow is emitted from the unit and when triggered by someone approaching it gives off a very good bright light. As the unit is small it looks smart and unobtrusive, very quick and easy to fit. I am so impressed by this unit that I intend to purchase additional units for use down the garden and on my garage.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Functional and Cost-Saving, Easy Install Solar Powered Security Light, 20 April 2015
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is a handy, solar powered, motion activated, home security light, which makes a useful addition to your home security set up.
The light has a height of approximately 5.5 inches (14 cms), a width of roughly 4 inches (10.2 cms), and a maximum depth of 2 inches (5 cms). The body of the light is made of black coloured, lightweight and robust feeling hard plastics. You mount it on a wall using the two 1 inch screws and rawl plugs which come supplied with the product. A hole and slot are cut into the body ready for the insertion of the screws. It's a 10 minute D.I.Y. task if you don't mind using a power drill.
It goes without saying that the solar panel faces upwards at the sun. The sun powers the 8 LED solar lights, which you can see in the photos on the lower half of the light. At the front of the light is the on-off switch hole, which you use with the supplied pin. You can switch the light off, or turn it onto auto mode. The auto mode switches the light on and off at night-time if motion is detected, movement turns on the light for about 10 seconds. The light then turns off permanently at sunrise, and doesn't become operable again until the following evening. The motion angle and distance is approximately 120 degrees/3 metres.
This solar light charges automatically in daylight, and common sense dictates that you install the light in a location which isn't shaded or obscured from the sun. If power is low, the LED lights will blink repeatedly. The LED power is 1.6W (160 Lumens), it's enough to light up my front drive when somebody is approaching my house.
According to the manufacturer, the solar light can operate for up to 12 hours on a full charge, I can't say that I've measured this myself. All that I can say, is that the solar light functions each evening when somebody walks up my drive, which means that there's invariably enough daily sunlight, even in pretty inclement weather, to keep the light sufficiently charged for daily operation.
What I most like about this product is clearly the fact that it functions with power derived from the sun's rays, i.e. a natural source, rather than by using disposable or rechargeable batteries, or my home electrical supply, which I think is bound to give an inevitable cost saving as the months and years go by. The product comes with a straight-forward user guide leaflet, which is written in plain English, and is very easy to follow. Recommended.
Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful power saving light, 23 Oct. 2014
I have only had this light for a few weeks now so can't comment on how it will last over time. The light was brought to illuminate the path by the side of the house which is quite dark. The inclusion of the PIR and dusk sensor is a plus for the light as it will consume less power during the winter months. So far it has been great and gives plenty of light for about 10 seconds after being activated which is enough for the short walk up the side of the house. I would recommend it for areas where you can't easily get a power connection but want a strong light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, neat and very bright., 14 Aug. 2014
This is a small, neat design which shines brightly with a hard white light constantly. The sensor comes on immediately and efficiently and gives off a bright light for a few seconds. This is enough time to show the way on a path as you walk by, or long enough to get your key in the lock. The design is quite plasticy but is very good value for money and is really a utility design rather than decorative, so it serves its purpose well.
So far it has shone all night even on dull days..although I have only had it in the summer months. I hope it will be as good through the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective garden light with pir which even charges in dull conditions, 24 April 2015
K Wren "K Wren" (Wye Valley (England/Wales border)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I now have 5 of these lamps which I use around the garden.

They are most effective solar-powered lamps which emits two levels of light from their powerful 8 LEDS - a dim light in darkness but when approached the pir activates a brighter more powerful light which remains at this brighter level for 30 seconds then returns to the dimmer light again.

We've positioned ours on our front gateposts which, in a dark country lane, are invisible at night and can't otherwise be seen when reversing in. Now with the lights on they permanently illuminated at night making the gate posts visible and while reversing the lamps change to their bright mode. They are perfect for this purpose and now we're no longer guessing where the posts are making reversing in so much easier, and safer.

We have another over the doors of our 3 garden sheds and another over our outbuilding doorway making it easy to cross the unlit garden in pitch black then, on stepping into their 2-3m range, the pir activates the brighter lamp enabling easy unlocking of the combination locks and bolts.

The pir can also alert us to unwanted prowlers who become illuminated when stepping into range.

The lamp works perfectly, producing a brighter white light than you might anticipate from 8 tiny LEDS. I found ours charge effectively even on dull winter days are completely weatherproof having been tested in frost, snow and heavy rain. Furthermore, they cost nothing at all to run.

I anticipate we will be investing in more of these lights which provide effective garden lighting and security lighting and would recommend them without hesitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Nov. 2014
good, seems to charge even on dull days adjustable sensor would be good

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job very well, 24 Nov. 2014
Bought 2 of these to light the driveway. They're quite small so not too conspicuous on the front/side of the house, and do the job very well. Would have given 5 stars if the timer could be adjusted - it's fixed at 10 seconds which is OK but it would be nice to have the option to set slightly longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars There great, 18 Feb. 2015
Well I'll be honest when these first came and I opened the box, my first thoughts was to send them back due to being very small, how wrong I was, charged them up in direct sun for a couple of days, turned them on and ruddy nearly blinded myself, for such a small unit the light they produce is beyond believe, what a great buy, if you won't to send me some samples, I would gladly recommend them to friends and family. Buy buy buy

SolarCentre ECO Wedge Solar Motion Welcome Light