5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package
I ordered this for above my garage door, which is facing the sun for most of the day.

I must say when it arrived I was a little concerned that it might not be suitable, due to its small size. It is not much larger than the palm of your hand, and the lights themselves are 4 tiny little LEDs, which I thought could never produce much light.

I charged it...
Published 7 months ago by Smokey

3.0 out of 5 stars It is working really good in nice sunny days really bright -surprisingly bright - ...
It is working really good in nice sunny days really bright -surprisingly bright - for a little light.
However, cloudy days drains the battery. It must also look at the sun directly.
Still waiting for some sunny days to charge the light.
Published 3 months ago by hakan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: SolarCentre ECO Wedge Solar Motion Welcome Light (Garden & Outdoors)

I charged it for 3 full days in the lovely blistering sun we have had this September, then mounted it above the garage door.

Darkness fell, and I went out to test it. I was shocked at how much light it produces, it really does outperform for the size of the little LEDs, very impressive. It bathes an area in a nice soft light, plenty enough to see what you are doing coming and going from the garage at nighttime. The LEDs are that bright that they are not comfortable to look directly at when they are on.

So if you are in any doubt as to whether this would do a job for you, I say BUY AWAY, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened by Solar, 25 Aug. 2014
S. G. Lawton "steve lawton" (nth yorks) - See all my reviews
Ordered one of these from the solar centre, can't believe how quickly it arrived. I chose a solar light to replace a powerful security light that was on and off several times a night as people walked down a lane adjacent to my garden, all adding to the cost of my electricity bill. Although the dimensions of the light were given on the web site, I was still surprised how small it was. I was sceptical as I took it out of its box that it wouldn't be up to the job, but I was so wrong. As darkness falls a soft glow is emitted from the unit and when triggered by someone approaching it gives off a very good bright light. As the unit is small it looks smart and unobtrusive, very quick and easy to fit. I am so impressed by this unit that I intend to purchase additional units for use down the garden and on my garage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job very well, 24 Nov. 2014
Bought 2 of these to light the driveway. They're quite small so not too conspicuous on the front/side of the house, and do the job very well. Would have given 5 stars if the timer could be adjusted - it's fixed at 10 seconds which is OK but it would be nice to have the option to set slightly longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, neat and very bright., 14 Aug. 2014
This is a small, neat design which shines brightly with a hard white light constantly. The sensor comes on immediately and efficiently and gives off a bright light for a few seconds. This is enough time to show the way on a path as you walk by, or long enough to get your key in the lock. The design is quite plasticy but is very good value for money and is really a utility design rather than decorative, so it serves its purpose well.
So far it has shone all night even on dull days..although I have only had it in the summer months. I hope it will be as good through the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful power saving light, 23 Oct. 2014
I have only had this light for a few weeks now so can't comment on how it will last over time. The light was brought to illuminate the path by the side of the house which is quite dark. The inclusion of the PIR and dusk sensor is a plus for the light as it will consume less power during the winter months. So far it has been great and gives plenty of light for about 10 seconds after being activated which is enough for the short walk up the side of the house. I would recommend it for areas where you can't easily get a power connection but want a strong light!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Nov. 2014
good, seems to charge even on dull days adjustable sensor would be good

5.0 out of 5 stars There great, 18 Feb. 2015
Well I'll be honest when these first came and I opened the box, my first thoughts was to send them back due to being very small, how wrong I was, charged them up in direct sun for a couple of days, turned them on and ruddy nearly blinded myself, for such a small unit the light they produce is beyond believe, what a great buy, if you won't to send me some samples, I would gladly recommend them to friends and family. Buy buy buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Gems, 5 April 2015
I bought two of these to use above the doors on our static caravan,due to only being used weekends and holidays i wanted a product that would work without having to be connected to the mains, this little gem certainly ticks all the boxes with its simplicity, ease of fitting and light output.

before fitting the lights ( a single stainless screw through the caravan guttering ) it was very difficult to see the steps but now they are perfectly illuminated, the light is a bright white and lights up the steps and the paving around them without being intrusive,the sensor is very sensitive and operates as we approach the van at night to not only light up the steps but also making it easy to see the keyhole

i followed the instructions and let the lights charge in the sun for three days before fitting and they work perfectly,i would highly recommend these if you need a light without the hassle of running cable etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 April 2015
I have this fitted to my back door which only gets 1 to 2 hrs direct sunlight a day. I did not have great hope as to how the Econ Wedge would work in this situation but have been amazed at how good it is. Perfect amount of light is shown for seeing the step and the lock at the door and it works in all conditions even in depths of winter with days of no sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat & Reliable Courtesy Light, 10 Aug. 2014
I wanted something neat and reliable to light up our rear door area where break ins are more likely and I'm more likely to topple over if I've been to the local micro-pub. This does the job perfectly. It has two mounting screws making it as secure as it can be as it's made of plastic though it seems well made. You do have to wait a few days to ensure the battery is well charged before you switch it on, but when you do, it is surprisingly bright. It would have been helpful to have a paper template for the two mounting screws but that's a small point (8cms). I go straight to the solar centre site now having been very satisfied long-term with their Curve metal wall light. It's been working reliably all winter and summer at the door to the shed at the bottom of the garden. And at night, there's a reassuring glow that shows it's waiting for intruders to light up and I expect deterring them a little. My only caution with these great gadgets are location - they work best in a south facing location. And- whether the batteries are replaceable. After a year or so li-ion will fade and it would be nice to swap in some new batts.

SolarCentre ECO Wedge Solar Motion Welcome Light