5.0 out of 5 stars Neat & Reliable Courtesy Light
Published 1 month ago by Hadlitt

1.0 out of 5 stars not so good
Worked well at start. Stopped working after about a week
Published 4 days ago by dale wishart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat & Reliable Courtesy Light, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Solar Centre ECO Wedge Motion Welcome Light (Garden & Outdoors)
I wanted something neat and reliable to light up our rear door area where break ins are more likely and I'm more likely to topple over if I've been to the local micro-pub. This does the job perfectly. It has two mounting screws making it as secure as it can be as it's made of plastic though it seems well made. You do have to wait a few days to ensure the battery is well charged before you switch it on, but when you do, it is surprisingly bright. It would have been helpful to have a paper template for the two mounting screws but that's a small point (8cms). I go straight to the solar centre site now having been very satisfied long-term with their Curve metal wall light. It's been working reliably all winter and summer at the door to the shed at the bottom of the garden. And at night, there's a reassuring glow that shows it's waiting for intruders to light up and I expect deterring them a little. My only caution with these great gadgets are location - they work best in a south facing location. And- whether the batteries are replaceable. After a year or so li-ion will fade and it would be nice to swap in some new batts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light for a very low price., 21 Aug 2014
L. Young (Birmingham, ENGLAND.) - See all my reviews
It is small and light and very easy to fit. As soon as dusk comes, the 4 LED's come on and stay on at a very low level and as someone approaches they get a lot brighter for 10 seconds. It's not as bright as larger, more expensive Solar Centre lights but if you want something cheaper and more discreet, this is ideal. I haven't had it long enough to comment on battery life, winter performance or water proofing, but if it's like my other solar Centre lights it will be fine as they are still going strong over 2 years later with the original batteries still fitted. My neighbour commented on how good it was and enquired as to where I bought it and best of all, it's solar powered so costs nothing to run!

If I had to criticize it, it would be very easy to steal, but a security screw would solve this if you don't intend on moving it at a later date, and the description does not mention the light stays on at a very low level all night. Neither of these would put me off buying another one and I can highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package, 17 Sep 2014
I ordered this for above my garage door, which is facing the sun for most of the day.

I must say when it arrived I was a little concerned that it might not be suitable, due to its small size. It is not much larger than the palm of your hand, and the lights themselves are 4 tiny little LEDs, which I thought could never produce much light.

I charged it for 3 full days in the lovely blistering sun we have had this September, then mounted it above the garage door.

Darkness fell, and I went out to test it. I was shocked at how much light it produces, it really does outperform for the size of the little LEDs, very impressive. It bathes an area in a nice soft light, plenty enough to see what you are doing coming and going from the garage at nighttime. The LEDs are that bright that they are not comfortable to look directly at when they are on.

So if you are in any doubt as to whether this would do a job for you, I say BUY AWAY, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened by Solar, 25 Aug 2014
S. G. Lawton "steve lawton" (nth yorks) - See all my reviews
Ordered one of these from the solar centre, can't believe how quickly it arrived. I chose a solar light to replace a powerful security light that was on and off several times a night as people walked down a lane adjacent to my garden, all adding to the cost of my electricity bill. Although the dimensions of the light were given on the web site, I was still surprised how small it was. I was sceptical as I took it out of its box that it wouldn't be up to the job, but I was so wrong. As darkness falls a soft glow is emitted from the unit and when triggered by someone approaching it gives off a very good bright light. As the unit is small it looks smart and unobtrusive, very quick and easy to fit. I am so impressed by this unit that I intend to purchase additional units for use down the garden and on my garage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, neat and very bright., 14 Aug 2014
This is a small, neat design which shines brightly with a hard white light constantly. The sensor comes on immediately and efficiently and gives off a bright light for a few seconds. This is enough time to show the way on a path as you walk by, or long enough to get your key in the lock. The design is quite plasticy but is very good value for money and is really a utility design rather than decorative, so it serves its purpose well.
So far it has shone all night even on dull days..although I have only had it in the summer months. I hope it will be as good through the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent welcome light, 9 Aug 2014
I have purchased two of these lights as I have been so impressed. The item is small, light weight and gives of an incredible amount of light when activated.
When activated light given off is a bright white light unlike some other welcome lights which give off a more yellow glow. The first one I purchased was last year so I have been able to see how well it operates over winter and with the light mounted on a gutter facing north it has worked perfectly without any noticeable drop in performance throughout the darker days.
I would recommend this light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light, and there was light upon my path, 10 Aug 2014
Like all the other Solar Lights I’ve purchased from the Solar Centre, they are excellent quality, and the service is second to none.
The ECO Wedge is small and compact and does’t look intrusive, and is easy to install.
At dusk they emit a dimmed light, so even on the darkest of nights, there is always a little light. When you trip the sensor, the four bulbs illuminate the area more than adequately.
I would gladly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars They were so easy to fit and look very neat on our garage, 28 Aug 2014
Before purchasing we checked on the website and everyone who bought them gave them five stars. The ECO Wedge Motion Welcome Light is everything it says and more. They were so easy to fit and look very neat on our garage. At dusk they light up and when the sensor is activated give off a brilliant clear light. We would definitely recommend this product and we will be buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 16 Aug 2014
R. James (Northants) - See all my reviews
I cannot believe how good these little lights are. I bought 3 for front door, patio area and side path. When motion triggers the bright setting the amount of light emitted has to be seen to be believed when you consider that performance is limited by solar power and the ability to replicate performance all night. I am really pleased I bought these little units

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little solar light, 18 Aug 2014
This is an excellent little solar light. It was bought specifically to light up the front door so that we can see the lock to put the key in. It was very easy to fit and is discrete. Motion sensor is very good and brightness of the light perfect. We will buying another one soon to light up another dark corner of the garden.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›