5.0 out of 5 stars Neat & Reliable Courtesy Light
Published 2 months ago by Hadlitt

2.0 out of 5 stars Only good for the summer.
I bought the light as a welcome light outside my caravan and at £7 a good price. The light is in a great spot for the sun and worked a treat, so 5 stars. I bought 2 more for the house and at first they were good, but now in the autumn with less sun they only give light for a few hours after dark so 2 stars. It's a pity the light is always on dim in the dark as this must...
Published 7 days ago by V. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat & Reliable Courtesy Light, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Solar Centre ECO Wedge Motion Welcome Light (Garden & Outdoors)
I wanted something neat and reliable to light up our rear door area where break ins are more likely and I'm more likely to topple over if I've been to the local micro-pub. This does the job perfectly. It has two mounting screws making it as secure as it can be as it's made of plastic though it seems well made. You do have to wait a few days to ensure the battery is well charged before you switch it on, but when you do, it is surprisingly bright. It would have been helpful to have a paper template for the two mounting screws but that's a small point (8cms). I go straight to the solar centre site now having been very satisfied long-term with their Curve metal wall light. It's been working reliably all winter and summer at the door to the shed at the bottom of the garden. And at night, there's a reassuring glow that shows it's waiting for intruders to light up and I expect deterring them a little. My only caution with these great gadgets are location - they work best in a south facing location. And- whether the batteries are replaceable. After a year or so li-ion will fade and it would be nice to swap in some new batts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened by Solar, 25 Aug 2014
S. G. Lawton "steve lawton" (nth yorks) - See all my reviews
Ordered one of these from the solar centre, can't believe how quickly it arrived. I chose a solar light to replace a powerful security light that was on and off several times a night as people walked down a lane adjacent to my garden, all adding to the cost of my electricity bill. Although the dimensions of the light were given on the web site, I was still surprised how small it was. I was sceptical as I took it out of its box that it wouldn't be up to the job, but I was so wrong. As darkness falls a soft glow is emitted from the unit and when triggered by someone approaching it gives off a very good bright light. As the unit is small it looks smart and unobtrusive, very quick and easy to fit. I am so impressed by this unit that I intend to purchase additional units for use down the garden and on my garage.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIGHTING PROBLEM SOLVED, 27 Sep 2014
We needed an light outside our back door so that we can find our way to the bins after dark. Linking to the lighting circuits in the house was not straightforward so we decided to try a solar powered light. We did a quick google and the Solar Centre ECO Wedge came up. The price seemed reasonable and unusually there was a free delivery option. The light arrived in a few days and it was easy to fit on the south facing brickwork wall to our utility room. After the initial 3 day charging period we used the pin key to turn it on and when it got dark that evening the amount of light provided was quite sufficient. It will be interesting to see how it performs in the depths of winter!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package, 17 Sep 2014
I ordered this for above my garage door, which is facing the sun for most of the day.

I must say when it arrived I was a little concerned that it might not be suitable, due to its small size. It is not much larger than the palm of your hand, and the lights themselves are 4 tiny little LEDs, which I thought could never produce much light.

I charged it for 3 full days in the lovely blistering sun we have had this September, then mounted it above the garage door.

Darkness fell, and I went out to test it. I was shocked at how much light it produces, it really does outperform for the size of the little LEDs, very impressive. It bathes an area in a nice soft light, plenty enough to see what you are doing coming and going from the garage at nighttime. The LEDs are that bright that they are not comfortable to look directly at when they are on.

So if you are in any doubt as to whether this would do a job for you, I say BUY AWAY, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small But Mighty Bright!, 25 Sep 2014
We were so delighted with the efficiency and brightness of the white light emitted from this deceptively-small, solar-powered motion light that we ordered more!

Don't be fooled by the small size - it projects an excellent beam of bright, white light to welcome any callers to your door from dusk to dawn. We also fitted one to our summerhouse in the back garden, which is great when walking down the garden at night.

Very quick and easy to install - and, as it's solar-powered, you don't have to bother with any wires - or worry about it increasing your energy bills! Way-hay!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, neat and very bright., 14 Aug 2014
This is a small, neat design which shines brightly with a hard white light constantly. The sensor comes on immediately and efficiently and gives off a bright light for a few seconds. This is enough time to show the way on a path as you walk by, or long enough to get your key in the lock. The design is quite plasticy but is very good value for money and is really a utility design rather than decorative, so it serves its purpose well.
So far it has shone all night even on dull days..although I have only had it in the summer months. I hope it will be as good through the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent welcome light, 9 Aug 2014
I have purchased two of these lights as I have been so impressed. The item is small, light weight and gives of an incredible amount of light when activated.
When activated light given off is a bright white light unlike some other welcome lights which give off a more yellow glow. The first one I purchased was last year so I have been able to see how well it operates over winter and with the light mounted on a gutter facing north it has worked perfectly without any noticeable drop in performance throughout the darker days.
I would recommend this light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit!, 13 Oct 2014
I purchased this light on the back of mainly positive reviews from other users - and I am absolutely delighted with it. As per the instructions I installed it on my shed and left it turned off for 3 days to charge the batteries. I turned it on yesterday afternoon and even in broad daylight was impressed by how bright it was! Once it was dark I carried out the acid test and walked to my shed - only to be amazed by the amount of light that welcomed me even when I was about 5 metres away!

As other reviewers point out it is forgivable to think that something so compact can perform as well as it does. It is well made and very easy to fit by following simple instructions that are easy to understand. What's not to like?

If you are looking for a solar powered light then look no further - I strongly recommend this great little product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light, and there was light upon my path, 10 Aug 2014
Like all the other Solar Lights I’ve purchased from the Solar Centre, they are excellent quality, and the service is second to none.
The ECO Wedge is small and compact and does’t look intrusive, and is easy to install.
At dusk they emit a dimmed light, so even on the darkest of nights, there is always a little light. When you trip the sensor, the four bulbs illuminate the area more than adequately.
I would gladly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best solar light I have ever bought - it has ..., 24 Sep 2014
this is the best solar light I have ever bought - it has a lovely glow all night and when the dog (or anything else!) walks past, it gives a brilliant light over a large part of the garden. It is so much better than I expected, and I will be buying another one for a different part of the garden.
Great product, brilliant service - it arrived really quickly and I was emailed and texted with tracking information.
Really pleased.