5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package
I ordered this for above my garage door, which is facing the sun for most of the day.

I must say when it arrived I was a little concerned that it might not be suitable, due to its small size. It is not much larger than the palm of your hand, and the lights themselves are 4 tiny little LEDs, which I thought could never produce much light.

I charged it...
Published 4 months ago by Smokey

1.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive far beyond 3 metres so useless
Published 1 month ago by BiggJazza

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light from such a small package, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Solar Centre ECO Wedge Motion Welcome Light (Garden & Outdoors)

I charged it for 3 full days in the lovely blistering sun we have had this September, then mounted it above the garage door.

Darkness fell, and I went out to test it. I was shocked at how much light it produces, it really does outperform for the size of the little LEDs, very impressive. It bathes an area in a nice soft light, plenty enough to see what you are doing coming and going from the garage at nighttime. The LEDs are that bright that they are not comfortable to look directly at when they are on.

So if you are in any doubt as to whether this would do a job for you, I say BUY AWAY, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened by Solar, 25 Aug. 2014
S. G. Lawton "steve lawton" (nth yorks) - See all my reviews
Ordered one of these from the solar centre, can't believe how quickly it arrived. I chose a solar light to replace a powerful security light that was on and off several times a night as people walked down a lane adjacent to my garden, all adding to the cost of my electricity bill. Although the dimensions of the light were given on the web site, I was still surprised how small it was. I was sceptical as I took it out of its box that it wouldn't be up to the job, but I was so wrong. As darkness falls a soft glow is emitted from the unit and when triggered by someone approaching it gives off a very good bright light. As the unit is small it looks smart and unobtrusive, very quick and easy to fit. I am so impressed by this unit that I intend to purchase additional units for use down the garden and on my garage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job very well, 24 Nov. 2014
Bought 2 of these to light the driveway. They're quite small so not too conspicuous on the front/side of the house, and do the job very well. Would have given 5 stars if the timer could be adjusted - it's fixed at 10 seconds which is OK but it would be nice to have the option to set slightly longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful power saving light, 23 Oct. 2014
I have only had this light for a few weeks now so can't comment on how it will last over time. The light was brought to illuminate the path by the side of the house which is quite dark. The inclusion of the PIR and dusk sensor is a plus for the light as it will consume less power during the winter months. So far it has been great and gives plenty of light for about 10 seconds after being activated which is enough for the short walk up the side of the house. I would recommend it for areas where you can't easily get a power connection but want a strong light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, neat and very bright., 14 Aug. 2014
This is a small, neat design which shines brightly with a hard white light constantly. The sensor comes on immediately and efficiently and gives off a bright light for a few seconds. This is enough time to show the way on a path as you walk by, or long enough to get your key in the lock. The design is quite plasticy but is very good value for money and is really a utility design rather than decorative, so it serves its purpose well.
So far it has shone all night even on dull days..although I have only had it in the summer months. I hope it will be as good through the winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Nov. 2014
good, seems to charge even on dull days adjustable sensor would be good

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little light and exactly what I wanted, 8 Dec. 2014
Brilliant little light and exactly what I wanted. It will not light up a prison courtyard nor blind your neighbours. It does cast sufficient light over an area 30 x 25 feet to see if an intruder is lurking or a wild tiger is about to pounce. In my case enough light to find the dustbins or walk the path to the garden shed.
Initially I sat it under a daylight lamp for 12 hours before putting it on the North West facing wall of my bungalow one foot below the guttering. 1 Week later it is still going strong despite dull, cloudy December days. When I test something I test it to extremes and this ECO Wedge is passing with flying colours.
I will update as time goes on.
Another week of short, dull December days and the light is still lighting nicely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive far beyond 3 metres so useless, 3 Dec. 2014
While the product works, it picks up traffic movement 25 metres away (advertised range of 3m) despite being mounted on my wall at a height of less than 2 metres! As a result of the traffic, the battery is drained long before morning arrives. To solve this I asked for a replacement unit, but this does exactly the same thing!! Useless product then due to not working to specification. Has left me with 4 holes in my house wall now after trying at a greater height first. Disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but effective solar lamp, 22 Oct. 2014
I bought one of these lamps several months ago (spring 2014). It does exactly what it says on the tin - giving more than enough light to safely find our way around the back of our garage to access our wheelie bins. I mounted the lamp on a south facing wall, to give it the best light for charging during the day and so far at least (Oct 2014), it has come on and worked perfectly every night. I will post further comments when I have had a chance to assess it over the winter months.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one actually works!, 5 Dec. 2014
This one actually works as specified (unlike many of the competition).
Very happy with this unit - brighter than expected, well built and nicely designed and sits nicely on one of my fence posts.

Couple of things: spent a few minutes trying to remove the protective screen from the solar panel as per the instructions but failed to find any! If there is a scratch resistant protective screen fitted then it's still on my unit - and it is still working fine.
My unit flashes on momentarily when it detects movement quite a way away (up to 6m across the garden) but this is not a problem as it goes out quite quickly (2/3 secs) and then performs as per the product description states (activating at about 3m) when approaching it down the path.
Compared with 2 other types I bought, this one is the real deal - the others were poorly built, low luminosity and broke down entirely within a few weeks.