Well what can I say...... It's a book you can't put down once you start reading it, very clever how it is written, almost annoyed with myself for finishing it as haven't got it to read anymore. Will be getting more of this lady's work, a very talented writer. Look forward to reading more of your work.
Published 4 months ago by Nicola Saul

3.0 out of 5 stars Psychophilia
Not a book that I would usually read. A real insight into a distorted mind. Certainly made me appreciate that my missus is sane(ish)! A good read but ending left me a little unfulfilled.
Published 3 months ago by MR PAUL S MASON

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars almost annoyed with myself for finishing it as haven't got it ..., 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Psychophilia (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable narrator in the Lake District, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: PSYCHOPHILIA: A Disturbing Psychological Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Well that was pretty odd. This book is told from Charlotte's point of view, and I didn't like being in her head one little bit. Following an unsuccessful suicide attempt she is depressed, suffering from memory loss and using obsessive rituals to stop herself falling completely apart. The book charts her slippery relationship with her creepy husband and enigmatic Japanese maid. She (and the reader) keep trying to work out what on earth is going on, but as Charlotte is a very unreliable narrator that's not an easy task.
Psychophilia is clever but not altogether likeable. Being in Charlotte's head is a claustrophobic experience. She is a vivid character, a survivor, but trapped both by her own illness and her stifling relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars So different for a change., 30 Jun 2014
Amazing story teller. I don't want to spoil it for everyone by saying too much. But is is superbly written. A very difficult thing to do, to be able to be inside somebody's head and feel that you are. I will not say more than that so as not to spoil it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Aug 2014
Really enjoyed this story, with all its twists and turns, so glad that she finally realised the truth, would have liked the author to continue the story, would like to know how she confronted her husband and if she found happiness again with someone else. Hope to read a sequel to this in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and just a little bit uncomfortable to read at times....., 29 Sep 2014
Very cleverly written, you really feel like you are in Charlotte's head all of the way....its very convincing too - I know first hand what its like to be severely depressed. Made me feel uncomfortable at times at how spot on it was. I am confused though, what was reality and what was her perspective of the events that had unfolded along the way?? Maybe this was the whole point of the book? It would be interesting to maybe read this story again from one of the other characters' point of view, or maybe that would spoil things??

I too like one of the earlier reviewers now think that I need to read something funny and light, but I would be interested in reading other books by this author.

Only con I found was that there were some spelling and grammatical errors - this could be sorted with a re edit of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Psychophilia, 12 Sep 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 15 Sep 2014
I loved this. I took it camping with me and I was still reading it at midnight, in the cold and dark, with a head torch on my head. It was that compelling.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good psychological drama., 9 May 2014
Sheri A. Wilkinson (Princeton, IL) - See all my reviews
Psychophilia by Michelle Muckley

Pregnant Charlotte is suffering from memory loss. She knows what she is blocking out is something life altering, disruptive and disturbing. She needs to find out what happened, why she can't remember? What is she blocking out and why? She feels betrayed by her husband George, she doesn't know who to trust, she just wants her life back.

A dark dramatic psychological story filled with secrets, lies & betrayal. Charlotte is troubled but likable. Written from her point of view I could feel her emotions, her frustrations, confusion, tension and her yearning to live a "normal" life. The plot was original, and I really liked that.

I recommend to those who like a good psychological read, with secrets, drama, lies and strong emotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing depressing book, 26 Aug 2014
I loved this book. Literally couldn't get enough of it, though I was aware of the gloom it sprinkled over everything. The end was more depressing than anything. I need some light relief now, a cheerful romance!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars But i felt disappointed with the ending and was hoping for much more, 12 Nov 2014
This book was definitely a page turner and i couldn't put it down. But i felt disappointed with the ending and was hoping for much more. It just fell a bit flat for me. I would say it's worth a read though!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›