on 20 October 2015
I ordered this to get better speed and coverage around the house and upgrade from the Virgin supplied super (useless) hub.

Switched the Virgin hub to 'modem mode' and connected its LAN1 to the WAN port on this and it immediately worked and configured itself which saved me some time and frustration.

Wireless speed is good, getting 780Mbps from 2 metres away using a twin antenna AC card in my laptop. and android phones have a speed boost from 65mbps to 135mbps compared to the virgin hub.

mine has 3 external antennas not 2 like the picture.
on 23 May 2016
Bought this as a replacement for my PlusNet home router. I was initially impressed by the product when it came through, was easy to setup, although some of the instructions are a bit difficult to follow.

HOWEVER. After owning for 6 months this has caused me no end of troubles. The router would randomly loose PPPoE connectivity with my broadband supplier. I was adamant that it was the suppliers modem causing me a problem, I had call after call with my broadband supplier holding them at fault, engineer visits and all new kit installed in my home including a shiny new BT Openreach modem for this to connect to, it continued to fail, even used the router as a slave to pass through the plus net router and it would still fail. I eventually got to the point where it would just power off, all WiFi and LAN connectivity would fail and it would come back up with nothing in the logs and the current date reading "Day 1"? The router was kept in immaculate condition and was wall mounted the entire time on a surge protected power supply, sometimes these things just fail.

I've been a fan of TP-Link for a while and I hope it was just a bad router. But I've had not choice but to return it to Amazon UK and instead buy something a bit more reliable from a different supplier as I need reliability for my job.
on 13 August 2015
Bought this to replace my unreliable VirginMedia SuperHub(v1), as it kept lagging (when playing online games) and need resetting every couple days.
This router has been running 24/7 for 2 weeks now and I have no issues with it so far, very happy with the purchase. One thing that's worth mentioning is that I can use a WakeOnLan app on my phone to remotely turn on/off my NAS or PC, something that I couldn't get SuperHub to do.
on 13 March 2016
It is very good, unfortunately my flat has such a strange strcuture that it doesn't cover everywhere perfectly, but it does a way better job than my previous 3 year old tp-link router! Easy set-up and DD-WRT support, do recommend!
on 24 November 2014
The TP-Link Archer C5 is connected to a Sky broadband router. It was easy to set up and the 2.4 Ghz signal reaches rooms at the end of my house that previously required a range extender when using the ISP supplied device. The WiFi download speed is improved compared with the original and at the moment the 5 Ghz channels are free of other users though as is the nature of 5 Ghz the range is less than for the 2.4 Ghz. I have had the Archer C5 for about a month and have experienced no difficulties or problems. The unit is good value for money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2015
Looks really good and was easy to set up. It even made my virgin connection quicker.
...probably more than most users will ever use.

This router ships with the usual hardware: the router itself, a short RJ45 cable and an AC power adapter. In addition, its three external antennas will need to be screwed on to the rear panel at set up.

Five ethernet ports occupy the bottom of the rear panel (1 wired ethernet input port and 4 wired ethernet output ports). Also on the rear panel are attachment points for the external antennas, two USB points (for attaching shareable devices), a wireless on/off switch, a router on/off switch and WPS pair/reset button.

The front panel has a row of LED indicators (showing the status of power/wireless connectivity/wired connectivity/Internet connectivity/USB connectivity/WPS).

Instead of using the enclosed resource CD, I set up this router via its internal server functions. The URL and default passwords are indicated both in the quick start guide and on a sticker on the bottom of the router. I've learned from past experience that it's a good idea to photograph or scan these before first use for the inevitable time when you will need them later.

Basic configuration was very easy. I was able to change the SSID name for both the 2.4 and 5 GHZ transmitters immediately. The rest of the web interface is very similar to other routers, with menus for basic/advanced configuration options and router/network system information. This router supports six current 802.11 standards (ac/n/g/b/a/e/i and multiple IEEE draft standards and practices).

In addition to the "master" wireless on/off switch on the router, you can configure the router to run any or all of the 2.4, 5 GHZ and a guest network access options.

It also provides printer and DLNA media services (which I have not tested; this has nothing to do with this router, but other DLNA challenges with other hardware).

Setting up the functions most important to me --MAC address filtering and IP address reservations, for extra control/consistent access to/by Internet enabled devices attached to my network-- was very easy through the web interface.

Unlike some routers which require initial setup via a wired connection, this router can be used wirelessly from the beginning.

I set up the router on the ground floor, and had excellent signal strength in all areas of the house (including the farthest corners of the basement and second floor).

Aesthetically, I'm not a fan of the large external antennas, but the magic of their physics meant this router delivered the strongest signals (from three separate, co-located routers) to the farthest part of the house.
on 15 May 2015
Good price and can be custom flashed, second time I have tried to order.
From eZee Trade (Fulfilled by Amazon) Third time I have ordered and this time one unit was second hand and the unit had been unpacked. I was in a hurry and tested both units and where working but I was unhappy I paid new price for a used router.
on 6 April 2016
Excellent router good gui easy to setup just had to do four firmware updates okay if you are use to this might put a novice off though, fast responsive recommend to all
on 18 October 2014
Bought as subsitiute for technicolor tg852. It is fast has guest wireless function (5 and 2.4GHz), dchp mangement and no glitches like the technicolor. Works quite happily with the BT Openreach fibre modem.