on 13 August 2014
I thought 100 Days in Deadland was a stand-alone, so, not only was I surprised that a sequel was written, but I was impressed with the creative way Aukes continued the saga. She didn't use any over-the-top theatrics to include several characters from the first book.

Based on Dante's Inferno, but very original, Aukes describes the seven levels of hell through the experiences of a woman named Cash. The sequel begins right where the first book ended. Clutch managed to survive as well, but he has a severe spinal injury. As if the survivors of Camp Fox didn't have enough work recovering from the recent Dog attack, there are now several large herds merging into one, and headed for the camp. Cash and the others are forced to find a new home on the river, but once again they find themselves facing more than one threat to their survival.

I love the growth of the characters from the beginning of the outbreak to the current point in the storyline, but I am getting frustrated with the lack of development in Cash's relationship with Clutch. After everything they've faced, I can't believe they are still struggling to admit their feelings to one another...and to themselves.

It's been very entertaining to see how creative Aukes has been with her interpretation of Dante's work. Using classic literature to provide the backbone to this undead series has provided a depth not normally found within the horror genre.

I look forward to the next book in her series!
on 16 May 2014
Like the first in the series, the storey takes you on an epic journey. Brilliantly written apart from a few typos’ here and there. Though that was the case, it didn’t detract from an amazing piece of work. The storey continued seamlessly from the first in the series. I so can’t wait for the next in the series.
on 29 May 2014
Was worried that this second book in the trilogy would be disappointing as many often are, but it was just as riveting and exciting as it's predecessor. What a truly gruesome and heart wrenching journey we're on..totally brilliant!! Can't wait for the finale...
on 28 January 2016
I am doing 1 review which will be posted for each book. And what a fantastic story.

The story follows a young woman nicknamed Cash, as she fights for survival in a new zombie nation.
She meets up with Clutch and then Jase to form a bond nothing can break.
Just as they seem to be winning (if you can win in a zombie infested world) the ---- hits the fan, big time.

Book 2 sees the zombie hoard pushing our hero's back to the brink. Trying to survive on the river,
what could go wrong???? the ----hits the fan again.

Book 3 you think they will find sanctuary, but our friend ---- strikes again. Fighting bandits, rabid animals and
a dodgy new government.

A fantastic series which I read back to back. Can there be another? 20/10
on 9 May 2014
An excellent sequel to 100 Days in Deadland. The main characters remain strong and vibrant and the story line grows in intensity. If you are a fan of the Zombie genre this is a must read, but make sure you read the books in the right order. I eagerly await the third book but am quite prepared to wait if the waiting yields another book equal to, or better than, this one. Well done Rachel.
on 28 October 2014
Loved it a strong pretty heroine with just as much power as the guys. Loads of actions with detailed skill of the fighting. Very realistic situations that they go through including their struggle with zombie numbers possible starvation and illness. The other rachel really out does herself and im looking forward to her other books.
on 24 October 2014
Rachel Aukes is just fantastic and I cannot wait for Deadland Rising to come out later this year. I'm a young Classicist and a HUGE zombie fan and Aukes' combination of both worlds is phenomenal. The character build up is great, the story line is excitingly thrilling and her way of writing is so engaging. A MUST READ!
on 11 May 2014
This is the second book of the author's I've read and she doesn't fail to deliver. I'm a little in love with Clutch myself and I admire Cash's tenacity. I'm forever rooting for them and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the next book.
on 3 June 2014
Loved it, characters are strong but not perfect, story runs at a fair pace, it seems realistic (as realistic as you can get for a zombie book!!), well worth the price, looking forward to the next instalment.
on 31 July 2014
I have waited for this book and I wasn't disappointed. I love the characters in this book and the main character being a woman is a bonus. Hooked on this story so back to waiting for the next instalment